PDA

View Full Version : Which Upgraded Trigger For My New Colt LE6920 mps-b?

Wolf.545 x .39
10-07-17, 10:59
I have been looking at 2 triggers. The Timney 667s 3lb trigger and the Geissele SSA-E trigger a double stage trigger. The Timney looks great but needs anti walk pins to be reliable. I also heard it may not ignite military ammo due to lighter strikes. On the other hand the SSA & SSA-E are considered bomb proof. This is strictly a home defense rifle and survival rifle for anything that may happen. It would seem that the SSA-E is more reliable but I'm no expert on either trigger. Posting to see if anyone has any expierence with either trigger.

pinzgauer
10-07-17, 11:21
I have been looking at 2 triggers. The Timney 667s 3lb trigger and the Geissele SSA-E trigger a double stage trigger. The Timney looks great but needs anti walk pins to be reliable. I also heard it may not ignite military ammo due to lighter strikes. On the other hand the SSA & SSA-E are considered bomb proof. This is strictly a home defense rifle and survival rifle for anything that may happen. It would seem that the SSA-E is more reliable but I'm no expert on either trigger. Posting to see if anyone has any expierence with either trigger.
Given your intended usage I would not be putting a target trigger in that.

About the only thing I would consider would be one of the Geissle or ALG options, and one that does not require anti walk pins or similar at that.

Personally, I would not put anything lighter than four or four and a half pounds given your intended usage.

Beat Trash
10-07-17, 11:55
I would highly recommend the Geissele or maybe the ALG. It would all depend on what you are using the gun for. I have a strong preference for the Gisele SSA over the SSA-E for my needs.

bp7178
10-07-17, 11:55
I wouldn't use a Timney trigger in anything. I was completely underwhelmed when I shot with one. The anemic hammer strikes are laughable. The Geissele triggers are good, but I have come to hate two stage triggers. Maybe in a dedicated precision rifle, but I much prefer well done single stage triggers. No stacking or initial take up. When I touch the trigger I want the gun to discharge, no stages. To that end, I've found happiness with the Wilson Combat TTU MIL trigger which breaks at an ultra crisp 5.5lb. I tried the basic TTU which breaks at a slightly lighter 4lbs, but I didn't like the reset of it. The MIL felt much more positive. There is zero take up or creep. It uses a 1911 style half cock hammer to maintain drop safety.

tpdavis89
10-07-17, 11:57
Wolf,

For home defense and a general use rifle I would look at the Geissele SSA, which is recommended for Law Enforcement, Home Defense, and Hunting use.

The SSA-E is a Target Shooting/Precision Shooting trigger and is lighter than I would want on an HD gun.

Also, if you're going the Geissele route, wait until black Friday and look for a good deal on the Geissele website. I paid significantly less than MSRP buying last year.

MSparks909
10-07-17, 12:02
As said above, I wouldn't go lighter than a SSA for home defense/SHTF. 4.5# is plenty light for that. Look at the ALG ACT as well. About 5-6# and is $70. Same for the BCM PNT or the Sionics trigger.

ColtSeavers
10-07-17, 12:04
Neither

ALG ACT
Hiperfire EDT3

grizzman
10-07-17, 12:07
I'm quite fond of the Timney, but agree with pinzgauer that the 3 pound option is a poor choice. I went with the 4.5 pound option, and the hammer falls after 4.2-4.3 pounds. There's a bit of noticeable creep when shooting for groups at the bench, but it's not really noticeable in other conditions.

I've neither owned nor used a Geissele SSA, but it should be a good choice, and preferred over the SSA-E.

The ALG ACT is an exceptional value. Mine releases the hammer at 4.5 pounds with the purple spring, and it's very smooth. The BCM PNT, also with purple spring, is indistinguishable (to me) from the ALG.

tylerw02
10-07-17, 12:24
Just master what you have. Then if it holds you back and you're shooting more precision oriented courses, consider a new trigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammer_Man
10-07-17, 12:43
For HD, I would pick an ALG ACT trigger. The match style triggers are too light for your intended use IMO.

Wake27
10-07-17, 12:44
Geissele SSA is the gold standard of triggers for a reason. I've become a huge fan of flat bowed triggers though so I prefer the SD-C.

AndyLate
10-07-17, 13:09
For your stated uses - ALG ACT, BCM PNT, or the NP3 coated Sionics trigger.

Wolf.545 x .39
10-07-17, 13:13
I would highly recommend the Geissele or maybe the ALG. It would all depend on what you are using the gun for. I have a strong preference for the Gisele SSA over the SSA-E for my needs.
I was wondering what the stock trigger pull weight on my Colt LE6920mps-b was? The reason I need a lighter trigger is because my right hand is weakened due to ulnar neuropathy. Is the Geissele SSA trigger much better than the stock Colt AR?? I want to upgrade with one trigger because I dont have money to keep swapping out different triggers and finding out what would be a vast improvement over the stock Colt AR trigger.

para13cord
10-07-17, 13:19
For bang for your buck id find a geissele g2s on sale somewhere, it feels identical to the geissele SSA. Thats assuming youd like a two stage trigger.

If you prefer a single stage I second whoever recommended the Wilson Combat TTU but they are not cheap.

I generally wouldn't recommend one of the NP3 or PNT coated mil spec triggers, as they just aren't enough of an upgrade to warrant the change from stock in my opinion.

SiGfever
10-07-17, 13:21
Geissele SSA trigger, definitely not the SSA-E for anything but target shooting. I have one and it is super light. I wish that I had bought the SSA, I also have a Larue MBT2S in my BCM and it is a great trigger at a very reasonable price.

Wake27
10-07-17, 13:48
I was wondering what the stock trigger pull weight on my Colt LE6920mps-b was? The reason I need a lighter trigger is because my right hand is weakened due to ulnar neuropathy. Is the Geissele SSA trigger much better than the stock Colt AR?? I want to upgrade with one trigger because I dont have money to keep swapping out different triggers and finding out what would be a vast improvement over the stock Colt AR trigger.

Probably the most noticeable difference you will ever be able to make to a gun, aside from upgrading to an optic from iron sights. You can never go wrong with an SSA, and one of our members just listed one for sale. The recommendation for the G2S is good as well, same trigger as the SSA but batch QA/QC'd instead of individually if I remember correctly.

Vegasshooter
10-07-17, 14:10
Geiselle all day, every day. They are, 100%, THE trigger. I have many. The SSA, SSA-E, the SD-E. All are fantastic. If you have ever used a flat trigger, I highly recommend the SD line. They are my favorite. From a "general" upgrade standpoint, the SSA is fantastic.

Save yourself the headaches and PITA, hey the Geiselle and thank me later.

Mr. Goodtimes
10-07-17, 14:28
SSA. There is no other appropriate option.

Wolf.545 x .39
10-07-17, 14:36
SSA. There is no other appropriate option.

I'm a trigger snob. I feel it as as important as the optic. The SSA is considered bomb proof and the SSA-E may be too light when adrenaline is flowing. Still is a two stage trigger for home defense is fine for CQB?

Butch
10-07-17, 15:13
Geissele or stay home. I have an SSA and an SSA-E. The "E" is pretty light. Get the SSA and never look back. They go on sale every major holiday. The difference between stock and an SSA is incomparable.

Wolf.545 x .39
10-07-17, 15:45
For HD, I would pick an ALG ACT trigger. The match style triggers are too light for your intended use IMO.

Not too light for me. I got nerve damage in my trigger hand which is why a lighter trigger makes it feel like a 6lb trigger in my case. I have ulnar neuropathy and it causes numbness weakness in my trigger finger hand. I'm getting an upgraded trigger because of this.

Wake27
10-07-17, 16:31
I'm a trigger snob. I feel it as as impirtabtcas the optic. The SSA is considered bomb proof and the SSA-E may be too light when adrenaline is flowing. Still is a two stage trigger for home defense is fine for CQB?

You've got three pages of almost everyone saying to get the SSA or similar. A Geissele two stage will be better for CQB than just about any one stage on the market. As far as the lightness thing goes, I'm not sure I really believe in that notion. If you're not ready to shoot something, then the finger shouldn't be on the trigger. If your adrenaline is forcing otherwise, I don't see an extra 1.5 pounds of trigger pull weight being the deciding factor in whether you're going to ND or not, which is why I like my SD-E. But that's just me.

Wolf.545 x .39
10-07-17, 16:58

The ALG ACT. How much difference if I went this route to replace my Colt LE6920' s trigger. Will the trigger be lighter! What are the advantaged of the ALG trigger? I do like single stage triggers. I did like the Timney 667s trigger that SOOTCH00 on YouTube did a review on. Incredible reset and pull. I have never fired a 2 stage trigger so for me to buy a SSA is a gamble.

gunnerblue
10-07-17, 17:12
Think of the ACT's and PNT's as improved stock triggers. They may be a bit lighter, but will almost certainly have improved feel in take-up and release.

sig1473
10-07-17, 17:22
Geissele G2S-$165 or less

ColtSeavers
10-07-17, 18:23
The ALG ACT. How much difference if I went this route to replace my Colt LE6920' s trigger. Will the trigger be lighter! What are the advantaged of the ALG trigger? I do like single stage triggers. I did like the Timney 667s trigger that SOOTCH00 on YouTube did a review on. Incredible reset and pull. I have never fired a 2 stage trigger so for me to buy a SSA is a gamble.

ALG ACT now ships with a reduced weight purple spring that reduces pull weight to ~4.5lbs.
https://algdefense.com/alg-combat-trigger-act.html
https://algdefense.com/alg-defense-purple-spring.html

Wolf.545 x .39
10-07-17, 18:31
ALG ACT now ships with a reduced weight purple spring that reduces pull weight to ~4.5lbs.
https://algdefense.com/alg-combat-trigger-act.html
https://algdefense.com/alg-defense-purple-spring.html

With that purple spring there are no light strikes? If I can get a good 4.5lb pull should be fine. I'm not ruling out the SSA because AR triggers are a new subject for me

One thing I don't understand is that the factory Colt trigger feels way better than my 5.5lb Glock trigger. Maybe its because the length of pull on the Colt is so much shorter.

Vegas
10-07-17, 18:42
Geissele G2S-$165 or lessI have two and picked them up for around 110-120 during holiday sales. I messed with a display SSA and everything felt a little crisper to me. If budget is a concern, they the G2S is a great option.

SiGfever
10-07-17, 18:51
I have two and picked them up for around 110-120 during holiday sales. I messed with a display SSA and everything felt a little crisper to me. If budget is a concern, they the G2S is a great option.

I picked up my SSA-E for $180 during a sale, the SSA is calling my name.

sig1473
10-07-17, 18:58
I have two and picked them up for around 110-120 during holiday sales. I messed with a display SSA and everything felt a little crisper to me. If budget is a concern, they the G2S is a great option.

I have 2x and I got them during the Black Friday sale. I'll probably pick 2x more up this year. I have a SSA-E, KAC 2-stage, and a LMT 2-stage as well but I think I the G2S is the best bang for the buck.

pinzgauer
10-07-17, 19:00
Doesn't the g2s use odd pins or require some sort of different clip or external capture pins??

A friend installed one, and I was giving him grief because he bought kns pins for it. Which he's in and for me actually was supported by Geissle as an alternative to the clips they include.

Wolf.545 x .39
10-07-17, 19:01
I picked up my SSA-E for $180 during a sale, the SSA is calling my name.

Glad you like them. I noticed your signature on the bottom. Law Enforcement in Allentown, PA. Are the biggest criminals statewide. I'm not a BLM guy because I'm Italian. I live where every area of government is corrupt. I'm leaning to the SSA because rifle makers like Daniel Defense sell some rifles with that trigger in it.

Doesn't the g2s use odd pins or require some sort of different clip or external capture pins??

A friend installed one, and I was giving him grief because he bought kns pins for it. Which he's in and for me actually was supported by Geissle as an alternative to the clips they include.

Thats why I was scared to go with the Timney. Needing KNS walk out pins means screws come loose. When is Black Friday? Looking for a deal on the SSA.

bamashooter
10-07-17, 19:05
I recently installed that particular Timney and find it to be excellent. Smooth as butter, no discernible take-up and very short reset. Though I installed the KNS pins it was only due to personal preference. There are plenty installs out there without other pins. The set screws and locking screws should (do) work just fine. Mine gauged out to 2lbs 15oz on my digital and 2.8-2.9lbs on my manual gauge. Nonsense on a 3lb. trigger being too light for hd. If it is hire a bodyguard or let the wife handle it. My next Timney will likely be the same with the straight / flat trigger.

SiGfever
10-07-17, 19:08
Glad you like them. I noticed your signature on the bottom. Law Enforcement in Allentown, PA. Are the biggest criminals statewide. I'm not a BLM guy because I'm Italian. I live where every area of government is corrupt. I'm leaning to the SSA because rifle makers like Daniel Defense sell some rifles with that trigger in it.

Really, all we need to know is that Bill Geissele made them, everything he turns out is top shelf. Once you shoot a SSA, you will be glad that you made that choice. Now I have to wait for another big sale so a SSA can spend some time in my BCM.

Wolf.545 x .39
10-07-17, 19:15
I recently installed that particular Timney and find it to be excellent. Smooth as butter, no discernible take-up and very short reset. Though I installed the KNS pins it was only due to personal preference. There are plenty installs out there without other pins. The set screws and locking screws should (do) work just fine. Mine gauged out to 2lbs 15oz on my digital and 2.8-2.9lbs on my manual gauge. Nonsense on a 3lb. trigger being too light for hd. If it is hire a bodyguard or let the wife handle it. My next Timney will likely be the same with the straight / flat trigger.

I agree with you. I want my future wife shooting the easy easiest trigger for her. I liked the Timney 667s but it had screws and I didn't know if that affected reliability even with tge KNS walk out pins. The n I have to pray its installed right from a gun shop. Do light strikes occur in the Timney 667s with certain amnunitiin? The reset looked amazing on it via YouTube video. Your not suppose to put your finger in the the trigger guard unless your gonna fire, so 3lbs pull is fine for me.

sig1473
10-07-17, 19:15
The G2S has one clip and it's easy to install. You don't need KNS pins at all for the G2S.

pinzgauer
10-07-17, 19:19
Thats why I was scared to go with the Timney. Needing KNS walk out pins means screws come loose. When is Black Friday? Looking for a deal on the SSA.
I don't know that the G2S needs the KNS pins, but it does use a different method for the hammer pin retention that some do not like

Vegas
10-07-17, 19:28
I don't know that the G2S needs the KNS pins, but it does use a different method for the hammer pin retention that some do not likeInstall is easy and I haven't encountered any issues with the trigger. I probably have a thousand rounds on one and the other is newer so only a few hundred. I'm sure others with higher round counts will chime in with similar experience.

bamashooter
10-07-17, 19:30
I agree with you. I want my future wife shooting the easy easiest trigger for her. I liked the Timney 667s but it had screws and I didn't know if that affected reliability even with tge KNS walk out pins. The n I have to pray its installed right from a gun shop. Do light strikes occur in the Timney 667s with certain amnunitiin? The reset looked amazing on it via YouTube video. Your not suppose to put your finger in the the trigger guard unless your gonna fire, so 3lbs pull is fine for me.

If you have those concerns which though unfounded but understandable in my opinion, I'd certainly go with a trigger which does not incorporate the set screws. No need to have another worry if you can find a work around.

Wolf.545 x .39
10-07-17, 19:30
I have heard that Timney recommends their AR10 trigger in AR15's for reliability issues. Its a 4lb trigger I think. The problem is that most guys don't seem to have the Timney 667s trigger on their AR15. So its hard to compare.

sig1473
10-07-17, 19:32
I don't know that the G2S needs the KNS pins, but it does use a different method for the hammer pin retention that some do not like

It's pretty straight-forward and I don't know what there would be not to like.

https://geissele.com/media/files/G2S_Trigger_Instructions_.pdf

bamashooter
10-07-17, 19:44
I have heard that Timney recommends their AR10 trigger in AR15's for reliability issues. Its a 4lb trigger I think. The problem is that most guys don't seem to have the Timney 667s trigger on their AR15. So its hard to compare.

I've talked and emailed with them a few times and have never been told that. Sounds like internet bs. AR10 trigger, though I know they market them, is a bit fishy too.

Wolf.545 x .39
10-07-17, 20:19
Given your intended usage I would not be putting a target trigger in that.

About the only thing I would consider would be one of the Geissle or ALG options, and one that does not require anti walk pins or similar at that.

Personally, I would not put anything lighter than four or four and a half pounds given your intended usage.

Yes the anti walk pins having to be needed with the Timney make's me nervous for my home defense rifle. Anything with screws that can loosen over time makes me Leary of it. Its one hell of a trigger though. But reliability is what I emphasize the most. Some say keeping it stock makes it the most reliable. I haven't heard anyone complaining about their upgraded Geissele triggers though.

I've talked and emailed with them a few times and have never been told that. Sounds like internet bs. AR10 trigger, though I know they market them, is a bit fishy too.
You may be right. Its hard to get honest opinions these days.

seedubs1
10-07-17, 20:26
Elftmann or Wilson for single stage

Geissele or Larue for 2 stage

Wolf.545 x .39
10-07-17, 20:27
If you have those concerns which though unfounded but understandable in my opinion, I'd certainly go with a trigger which does not incorporate the set screws. No need to have another worry if you can find a work around.

Thats the question though. Are they unfounded problems or internet BS??8 Its almost like AR15 versus AK47 and Timney versus Geiselle triggers.

grizzman
10-07-17, 20:34
Most of the AR15 cassette-type trigger assemblies use set screws. I've yet to read about them backing out when correctly installed. The proper application of blue locktite will keep the set screws and KNS screws from loosening.

Wolf.545 x .39
10-07-17, 20:35
Elftmann or Wilson for single stage

Geissele or Larue for 2 stage

Never heard of these single stage triggers. The stock Colt trigger is single stage so I kinda was looking for a single stage. But I don't know the difference between these different types of triggers. I don't know how a two stage trigger feels to shoot.

seedubs1
10-07-17, 20:39
Elftmann and Wilson are the only single stages out there with safety notches to my knowledge. That's why I run them on anything that sits loaded in my house. Love them both. Leagues better than the Timneys..... No worries about light primer strikes with the Elf or Wilson. And they both feel great.

If it matters to you, the Elf has a screw that you can turn to adjust the pull weight. It's pretty sweet.

Never heard of these single stage triggers. The stock Colt trigger is single stage so I kinda was looking for a single stage. But I don't know the difference between these different types of triggers. I don't know how a two stage trigger feels to shoot.

Wolf.545 x .39
10-07-17, 20:40
Most of the AR15 cassette-type trigger assemblies use set screws. I've yet to read about them backing out when correctly installed. The proper application of blue locktite will keep the set screws and KNS screws from loosening.

If I was to go with a Timney667s I sure as hell am not gonna tackle installing it. That leaves it to the gunsmiths. I'm very particular with my rifle's and live in the gun state of Pennsylvania. I don't personally know any gunsmiths though.

grizzman
10-07-17, 20:41
I don't know the difference between these different types of triggers. I don't know how a two stage trigger feels to shoot.

The next time you're at the range (if you go to the range), walk down the line until you see someone shooting an M1, or M1A, or 1903, or 1917 rifle. Ask the owner of said weapon if they'd allow you to put a few rounds through it. All of these have two stage triggers, and are well worth trying out if for no other reason that to get the experience. Naturally, a Geissele is an order of magnitude better than these, but still the same operational principle.

Wolf.545 x .39
10-07-17, 20:42
Elftmann and Wilson are the only single stages out there with safety notches to my knowledge. That's why I run them on anything that sits loaded in my house. Love them both. Leagues better than the Timneys..... No worries about light primer strikes with the Elf or Wilson. And they both feel great.

If it matters to you, the Elf has a screw that you can turn to adjust the pull weight. It's pretty sweet.

I'm definitely gonna check those two triggers out. Thanks

[QUOTE=grizzman;2544366]The next time you're at the range (if you go to the range), walk down the line until you see someone shooting an M1, or M1A, or 1903, or 1917 rifle. Ask the owner of said weapon if they'd allow you to put a few rounds through it. All of these have two stage triggers, and are well worth trying out if for no other reason that to get the experience. Naturally, a Geissele is an order of magnitude better than these, but still the same operational principle.[/QUOTE. I would do that but I'm stuck in a crappy city with no car, no friends, just my dog. Its a liberal controlled city and I don't want friends here. I'm on disability due to chronic pain which is why I can't fiddle with buying the wrong trigger.

simonp67
10-07-17, 22:32
Geiselle all day, every day. They are, 100%, THE trigger. I have many. The SSA, SSA-E, the SD-E. All are fantastic. If you have ever used a flat trigger, I highly recommend the SD line. They are my favorite. From a "general" upgrade standpoint, the SSA is fantastic.

Save yourself the headaches and PITA, hey the Geiselle and thank me later.

Agree 100%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wolf.545 x .39
10-08-17, 00:04
Well it looks like the Geiselle SSA is gonna be the first trigger I'm gonna look for a deal on. Anyone know who sells The Geiselle's for the best price when they go on sale?

gunnerblue
10-08-17, 00:37
Geissele generally has holiday sales through their website and Columbus Day is coming up. They offer free shipping as well.

Wolf.545 x .39
10-08-17, 00:43
Geissele generally has holiday sales through their website and Columbus Day is coming up. They offer free shipping as well.
Yeah I'm gonna be looking out for a sale. Whenever I get it whether the SSA or SSA-E I don't think I'm gonna attempt to install it.

sig1473
10-08-17, 03:55

I thought it was "Native Indigenous People's Day".........

Butch
10-08-17, 06:18
Yeah I'm gonna be looking out for a sale. Whenever I get it whether the SSA or SSA-E I don't think I'm gonna attempt to install it.

It would be ridiculous to not install the trigger yourself. If you can tap two pins out and tap two pins back in, you can do it. There's about 50 million videos on YouTube showing how. It's almost impossible to screw it up. SSA is better for a HD/SD gun. The difference between the stock trigger and the SSA is shocking.

AndyLate
10-08-17, 09:17
Install is easy and I haven't encountered any issues with the trigger. I probably have a thousand rounds on one and the other is newer so only a few hundred. I'm sure others with higher round counts will chime in with similar experience.

I didn't find the G2S difficult to install and have had no issues with mine. I would buy another over the SSA, simply for the cost savings.

Andy

justin_247
10-08-17, 09:32
I didn't find the G2S difficult to install and have had no issues with mine. I would buy another over the SSA, simply for the cost savings.

Andy

Same here. The G2S is an amazing trigger for the price, especially when you can find them on sale. I've never used anything but a stock trigger, so when I installed my G2S, I was amazed by it.

bad aim
10-08-17, 09:37
You can't go wrong with a SSA. I have one in mine and you'll never go back to a USGI trigger again. For my next build, I'm looking at picking up one of Larue's MBT-2S triggers. It goes on sale for $99 at times and nearly everyone has said that it's on par with the SSA in terms of feel.

SiGfever
10-08-17, 09:41
It would be ridiculous to not install the trigger yourself. If you can tap two pins out and tap two pins back in, you can do it. There's about 50 million videos on YouTube showing how. It's almost impossible to screw it up. SSA is better for a HD/SD gun. The difference between the stock trigger and the SSA is shocking.

Here ya go... Very easy to do, just follow step by step. But please, think twice about the SSA-E for home defense. It is sooooo light second stage, that she will be firing before she is ready. And for home defense also look at the LaRue MBT2S which can be had on sale for $99, or choose "I can Wait" option for $124.99. I have one in my BCM used for home defense and it is an amazing trigger for the money. And it comes with a second spring if you want a little heavier pull. Both a re very easy to install.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLmZgB7bTjY&t=324s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9nfsa7Q5cg&t=85s

Wolf.545 x .39
10-08-17, 10:23

I didn't know it was that easy to install.

Wolf.545 x .39
10-08-17, 10:29
Here ya go... Very easy to do, just follow step by step. But please, think twice about the SSA-E for home defense. It is sooooo light second stage, that she will be firing before she is ready. And for home defense also look at the LaRue MBT2S which can be had on sale for $99, or choose "I can Wait" option for $124.99. I have one in my BCM used for home defense and it is an amazing trigger for the money. And it comes with a second spring if you want a little heavier pull. Both a re very easy to install.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLmZgB7bTjY&t=324s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9nfsa7Q5cg&t=85s

Never heard of the Larue. It certainly cuts cost. I hope the SSA is as easy to install as you say. I'm just not a patient person. Anything with a screw I have a habit of stripping. If tightening is an issue I'd rather have a pro do it. I have to watch the video of installing it. Thanks I'd probably forget where the springs and cup goes.

Wake27
10-08-17, 11:57
Never heard of the Larue. It certainly cuts cost. I hope the SSA is as easy to install as you say. I'm just not a patient person. Anything with a screw I have a habit of stripping. If tightening is an issue I'd rather have a pro do it. I have to watch the video of installing it. Thanks I'd probably forget where the springs and cup goes.

I'm the same way - I get so impatient I usually break stuff. But, swapping an AR trigger is pretty damn easy and Geissele includes a slave pin that makes it even easier. Just be careful about the sprig orientation for the hammer, a lot of people mess that up and it'll cause light primer strikes.

Wolf.545 x .39
10-08-17, 12:06
I'm the same way - I get so impatient I usually break stuff. But, swapping an AR trigger is pretty damn easy and Geissele includes a slave pin that makes it even easier. Just be careful about the sprig orientation for the hammer, a lot of people mess that up and it'll cause light primer strikes.

I have low confidence when looking at something new. Brain fog I think I always had. When I do get it I'm gonna watch videos on it to make me aware of what not to screw up. I thought the SSA-E was the better trigger. I guess many think that 3.5lbs is too light for a home defense/battle rifle. Yeah light strikes worry me the most! Anyone know what the standard Colt LE6920 trigger pull weight is? I bought mine new 11 months ago.

Wolf.545 x .39
10-08-17, 12:26
My AK74 has a fantastic trigger compared to my Colt. Although the stock Colt trigger isn't that bad compared to my Glock22.

grizzman
10-08-17, 12:50
My couple month old LE6920-R's trigger is actually very nice. The movement is completely smooth with no roughness or other negative attributes. It's by far the best mil-spec trigger I've tried.

Having said that, it is a little heavy, with the hammer falling after an average pull weight of 7 lbs 3 oz. I immediately moved it to a different lower that hasn't been used yet, so it may decrease a bit after some use. I don't know if 7 pounds should be considered as average for a Colt, but it's unlikely for them to be much less than 6 or 6.5 pounds.

The reduced chance of a negligent discharge isn't the only reason to avoid an ultra light trigger in a self defense AR. The lighter springs increase the chance of a light primer strike, which you agree is to be avoided.

Doesn't your AK have a 2-stage trigger?

Wolf.545 x .39
10-08-17, 13:36
My couple month old LE6920-R's trigger is actually very nice. The movement is completely smooth with no roughness or other negative attributes. It's by far the best mil-spec trigger I've tried.

Having said that, it is a little heavy, with the hammer falling after an average pull weight of 7 lbs 3 oz. I immediately moved it to a different lower that hasn't been used yet, so it may decrease a bit after some use. I don't know if 7 pounds should be considered as average for a Colt, but it's unlikely for them to be much less than 6 or 6.5 pounds.

The reduced chance of a negligent discharge isn't the only reason to avoid an ultra light trigger in a self defense AR. The lighter springs increase the chance of a light primer strike, which you agree is to be avoided.

Doesn't your AK have a 2-stage trigger?

Yes my AK has a two stage trigger. My Colt isn't really a bad trigger Im just into making it better for my liking.Yeah, no one wants a negligent discharge so a 4 or 4.5lb trigger is probably the lowest I'm gonna go. Light strikes do indeed worry me the most.