PDA

View Full Version : Andro Corp MK18 (Crane specd GP)

sig1473
10-08-17, 13:59
I run this on my MK18 Mod0 clone. I think it's a pretty good price considering it's CHF/CL and includes the gas tube($10-$15). I don't know the GP spec on them though.

https://www.rainierarms.com/noveske-n4-light-5-56mm-barrel-10-5-fsb/

feraldog
10-08-17, 15:19
your link is to a Noveske N4 Light 5.56MM Barrel - 10.5 FSB, not the andro you list in the thread title

if you're interested in the andro, jason at andro is a good guy to deal with and offers pretty good stuff at reasonable prices

(i have nothing to do with them, just have purchased from them in the past)

maybe the info you need can be found at his site or via an email to him: http://androcorpind.com/556-nato-10-3-fsb-gas-port-070-crane-spec/

Feline
10-08-17, 16:07
Does anyone else make a 10.3 Crane spec'd barrel?

sig1473
10-08-17, 17:41
your link is to a Noveske N4 Light 5.56MM Barrel - 10.5 FSB, not the andro you list in the thread title

if you're interested in the andro, jason at andro is a good guy to deal with and offers pretty good stuff at reasonable prices

(i have nothing to do with them, just have purchased from theme in the past)

maybe the info you need can be found at his site or via an email to him: http://androcorpind.com/556-nato-10-3-fsb-gas-port-070-crane-spec/

Yeah, I didn't start the thread. I was just replying to it.

Stickman
10-08-17, 18:37
Yeah, I didn't start the thread. I was just replying to it.

What do you mean you didn't start the thread?

ETA- Looks like commie interruption in the cycle of freedom...

https://78.media.tumblr.com/d8a0f5d2ee2e0b16797a4d75409881b7/tumblr_oxj39iIqht1rrcg2fo1_500h.jpg

Feline
10-08-17, 18:40

I started the thread, but the Russians hacked it. WTBS, got a .070 GP 10.3 upper to recommend?

sig1473
10-08-17, 18:45

I literally didn't start the thread. No joke. The OP's first 2 responses disappeared. I have no interest in an Andro upper and was giving the OP an alternative which I used in my MK 18.

Jwknutson17
10-08-17, 18:49
I started the thread, but the Russians hacked it. WTBS, got a .070 GP 10.3 upper to recommend?

The new DD 10.3 barrels are ported correctly. Brownells had Mk18 FDE RIS2 uppers on sale without BCG or CH for 679 shipped. Not sure if that's still a thing right now. But that's what I would get.

Stickman
10-08-17, 18:50

Freaky, it looks like one was already posted.

The proper gas port one I have is from DD, and with a total of 3 MK18 uppers, that is the only "proper" 10.3. One of my Johnny era MK18 barrels is GTG with port sizing, but that doesn't help you now.

RobertTheTexan
10-08-17, 21:53

(i have nothing to do with them, just have purchased from them in the past)

I wasn’t looking to build a clone, but that sure seems like a good buy to me. Not familiar with their barrels though.
You run them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

everready73
10-09-17, 07:35
From my understanding Andro Corp uses Ballistic Advantage Barrels. Not sure if this particular one is sourced elsewhere. The owner posts on the other forum frequently and if you email i am sure he would tell you where they are coming from. His prices for components and uppers are reasonable, assembled rifles seems a little steep

Feline
10-09-17, 08:00
From my understanding Andro Corp uses Ballistic Advantage Barrels. Not sure if this particular one is sourced elsewhere. The owner posts on the other forum frequently and if you email i am sure he would tell you where they are coming from. His prices for components and uppers are reasonable, assembled rifles seems a little steep

Yes, I have yet to learn of quality of build and components of Andro Corp. As far as I know, DD and LMT have GTG 10.x uppers, but are too pricey. I wish Colt would crank out cheap short uppers, given the low prices on their complete rifles- and the demand is certainly there.

The stripped DD upper is a deal, but too much for me right now. Also, I prefer a Mod0 rifle.

ColtSeavers
10-09-17, 09:51
Ballistic advantage 10.3" Hanson Barrel has a .067 gas port according to https://www.m4carbine.net/archive/index.php/t-166566.html. While it is not technically Crane spec, smaller reliable gas port size is always better IMO.

I personally have zero cause for doubt when it comes to Ballistic Advantage.

I have no opinion of or experience with Andro corp.

I also have that exact same barrel (10.3" Hanson profile w/.75 lpgb) showing up this week and can informally check it's gas port with allen wrenches (barbaric, but it's what I got, I don't have pin gauges).

There's also Colt:
http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=SP64049

Feline
10-09-17, 09:56
Ballistic advantage 10.3" Hanson Barrel has a .067 gas port according to https://www.m4carbine.net/archive/index.php/t-166566.html. While it is not technically Crane spec, smaller reliable gas port size is always better IMO. Agree

I also have that exact same barrel (10.3" Hanson profile w/.75 lpgb) showing up this week and can informally check it's gas port with allen wrenches (barbaric, but it's what I got, I don't have pin gauges). Please do

There's also Colt:
http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=SP64049

OOS , and $$

ColtSeavers
10-09-17, 10:17
OOS , and $$

Sorry, didn't realize the Colt barrel was OOS.

Here's the BA 10.3" Hanson barrel I linked earlier and have showing up:
http://ballisticadvantage.com/10-3-inch-556-hanson-carbine-cmv-performance-barrel.html

There's also a lighter version with .0625 gas block journal:
http://ballisticadvantage.com/10-3-inch-556-625-hanson-carbine-cmv-performance-barrel.html

As of this post, if you spend $175 or more on at BA, you get a free upper receiver.

RobertTheTexan
10-09-17, 11:54
Yes, I have yet to learn of quality of build and components of Andro Corp. As far as I know, DD and LMT have GTG 10.x upper
I have a 10.3 BA Hanson on one of my SBR’s and if I ever decided to do a clone, I wouldn’t hesitate to use that 10.3.

I have 6 or 7 AR’s with BA barrels. From my 10.3 to my DMR (18” SS 308) and every barrel is accurate within context of barrel length and all have had excellent fit and finish. Every barrel from my 14.5 and up are sub MOA. Unless you just want to be as close to replicating the Mk18 as you can, i.e. using LMT’a 10.5, I would say you will not be disappointed with the BA Hanson 10.3

Ballistic advantage 10.3" Hanson Barrel has a .067 gas port according to https://www.m4carbine.net/archive/index.php/t-166566.html. While it is not technically Crane spec, smaller reliable gas port size is always better IMO.

I also have that exact same barrel (10.3" Hanson profile w/.75 lpgb) showing up this week and can informally check it's gas port with allen wrenches (barbaric, but it's what I got, I don't have pin gauges).

I think you Are going to be really happy with your BA barrel. Not saying I understand barrel whip and harmonics, but by owning and shooting a few Hanson barreled builds - I’m a believer in that he found a way to make them a smoother shooter than other profiles like the M4 (BA’s Modern)

The only other barrel I use is Daniel Defense. When I need a length BA doesn’t manufacture like a 11.5. ILL BUY THE CHF barrels. Other than that I’ve used BA. When I build AR’s for others, I’ve used only BA barrels and I’m more strict on quality for their stuff than I am mine. lol

ColtSeavers
10-09-17, 12:16
@Robert:

I have been using BA barrels for years and have been pleased with them as well. Glad to read the vote of confidence in the 10.3" Hanson barrel I have on the way, I am positive I will just as happy with it as I am with my other barrels.

everready73
10-09-17, 13:20
Just a heads up if you are looking at the BA barrels check out Granite Ridge outfitters and Monmouth Reloading. They typically have 25% off and free shipping

Shooterman017
10-09-17, 13:56
Rocking a Ballistic Advantage 10.5" barrel. Wish I could remember what the gas port size was. Have a Noveske KX5 up front and A5-0 buffer. Tried an A5-H1 buffer and would need a little heavier, probably an A5-H2, to cycle more smooth. Not to say it doesn't run; it most certainly does. The only failure I have had was when I swapped lowers with my 11.5" that has an A5-H3 and it suffered an FTE, so I would consider that a mulligan as it was function testing. It just doesn't feel the same as my 11.5" or my 16"...it's probably overgassed, or a product of the KX5 on it.

I need to shoot that gun more. It's fun.

ColtSeavers
10-13-17, 10:55
Please do [buried in quote, refering to measuring the gas port of my 10.3" BA Hanson barrel with .75 gas block journal]

Almost forgot about this thread.

Using calipers (not more barbaric allen wrench as psuedo pin gauge), I measure the gas port to be .0675.

Link to barrel I have:
http://ballisticadvantage.com/10-3-inch-556-hanson-carbine-cmv-performance-barrel.html

feraldog
10-13-17, 11:09
re ANDRO: ....Not familiar with their barrels though. You run them?

i have four bbls and a buddy has a couple too. yep, very pleased with quality, price & service. excellent accuracy too.

Tactical Spork
10-13-17, 11:12
I have an Andro built 10.5" upper. I run it on my AR pistol with an H buffer and am very pleased with how it performs. Haven't shot it for groups though

Diamondback
10-13-17, 11:48
I have an Andro 10.3 for my Mk 18-derived pistol--not yet fired, but Jason went a long way in Service Before Sale answering questions and making sure I knew exactly what I was getting into.

If this build works out and the conditions arise to go forward with "Gremlin II," I'll be going back for a second.

Feline
10-13-17, 12:06
I have an Andro 10.3 for my Mk 18-derived pistol--not yet fired, but Jason went a long way in Service Before Sale answering questions and making sure I knew exactly what I was getting into.

If this build works out and the conditions arise to go forward with "Gremlin II," I'll be going back for a second.

Ill have to contact Jason. Thanks!

Pappabear
10-13-17, 13:31
The new DD 10.3 barrels are ported correctly. Brownells had Mk18 FDE RIS2 uppers on sale without BCG or CH for 679 shipped. Not sure if that's still a thing right now. But that's what I would get.

That is legit. If I wasn't tripping over SBR's I would have to order one.

Diamondback
10-13-17, 14:37
When I say 'went a long way'... well, I tend to send a lot of my email in the overnight hours since the business clock's on Italian time (main client's over there and the rest of their research team's UK based, so I've adjusted my schedule to fit theirs) and expect replies to wait until at least the next morning, and someone getting back to me within an hour or so at MY weird hours scores major Extra Mile points.

ColtSeavers
10-13-17, 16:07
Has anyone actually confirmed what barrels Andro Corp uses? All I've read are 'thinks'.

joeg26er
10-13-17, 17:57
Considering my next build is going to be a 14.5 upper and trying to select a barrel. Has to be lightweight build. Deciding between the Faxon or the Ballistic advantage...I see the BA comes with a pinned on gas block? Seems strange as you'd have to unpin the gas block to install the barrel? Also, why pay extra for a gas block if I have a Ti one I would use instead?

Anyone have accuracy comparisons between Faxon vs BA hanson 14.5?

ColtSeavers
10-13-17, 18:06
Considering my next build is going to be a 14.5 upper and trying to select a barrel. Has to be lightweight build. Deciding between the Faxon or the Ballistic advantage...I see the BA comes with a pinned on gas block? Seems strange as you'd have to unpin the gas block to install the barrel? Also, why pay extra for a gas block if I have a Ti one I would use instead?

Anyone have accuracy comparisons between Faxon vs BA hanson 14.5?

BA barrels that offer pinned gas blocks come with a set screw gas block screwed into place, a drilled out bit between the screws through the gas block and barrel (same principle as Geissele's purpose built one) and a seperate coil pin that is to be installed by the user once they are done installing whatever else they need to.

Unscrew set screws, remove gas block, install what you need to, replace gas block, tighten set screws, drive in coil pin and enjoy.

Tactical Spork
10-13-17, 19:02
Has anyone actually confirmed what barrels Andro Corp uses? All I've read are 'thinks'.

They're ballistic advantage. When I was getting mine he mentioned they were

ICBM556
10-13-17, 19:13

Does Andro dimple their barrel or pin there gas blocks?

everready73
10-14-17, 17:56

They are ballistic advantage he confirmed this on the other site. If you email he can confirm for you

ColtSeavers
10-14-17, 18:41

They are ballistic advantage he confirmed this on the other site. If you email he can confirm for you

Thank you both.

Caduceus
10-15-17, 19:29

You could just email. Jason is pretty responsive. I had one of their MK18 clone uppers about 2-3 years ago and it was fine for the ~500 rounds I put through it. Price is right, but definitely was a budget upper. Anyway, he and I traded 3-4 emails before I purchased.