PDA

View Full Version : What does anyone do for stock pack on A2 Rifle Stock?

ra2bach
10-12-17, 21:11
I'm making a SPR'ish rifle and decided to use the A2 Rifle stock. which is nice. except that I have a 50mm scope in medium rings which gives me a floating cheek rest...

I immediately thought of using a Stock Pack (or similar) until I contacted Triad Tactical and they told me I might have clearance problems with the charging handle. sure enough, I need 6 3/4" from the butt of the A2 stock. the TT stock [pack is 7" long.

any ideas?...

Jwknutson17
10-20-17, 14:14
Bradley Cheek Rest makes one that may be what your after. I used bradleys on my bolt guns. Work well.

ra2bach
10-20-17, 21:08
Bradley Cheek Rest makes one that may be what your after. I used bradleys on my bolt guns. Work well.

thank you, that looks like a pretty nice solution but a little out of my budget. I'll look a little further and maybe I won't have to resort to glued on mouse pads...

hk_shootr
10-21-17, 06:14
Closed cell foam and duct tape

Pappabear
11-08-17, 20:59
Check out Karsten cheek welds, I use them for Bolt guns and could be good, but understand the charging handle situation when setting u.

PB

seb5
11-29-17, 18:29
Back in the day I used a piece of USGI sleeping pad and OD 100 MPH tape. Then cut out a channel for the charging handle with a box cutter. It worked great and didn't look bad. I've found over the years that the perfect looking precision rifles don't get shot much. Precision shooters are always tinkering and concerned with results only.

ZoneOne
12-23-17, 11:01
Back in the day I used a piece of USGI sleeping pad and OD 100 MPH tape. Then cut out a channel for the charging handle with a box cutter. It worked great and didn't look bad. I've found over the years that the perfect looking precision rifles don't get shot much. Precision shooters are always tinkering and concerned with results only.

I did the exact same thing on my last agency's DM rifle when going through their DM school. $4000 gas gun, $3500 optic and some sleeping pad and tape to bolster up my cheek weld. Worked like a dream.