PDA

View Full Version : Center industries tan follower magazine

Collin223
10-13-17, 00:13
I recently picked up a USGI magazine made by center industries, it has the newish non tilt follower, I got the magazine for like 10$ and I'm thinking about picking more up, my question is are they any good and reliable?

Iraqgunz
10-13-17, 01:21
Unless you get them for a steal (and that isn't) no way. Also, be aware that due to the proprietary follower design, if you need to replace the springs, you won't be able to.

I recently picked up a USGI magazine made by center industries, it has the newish non tilt follower, I got the magazine for like 10$ and I'm thinking about picking more up, my question is are they any good and reliable?

Collin223
10-13-17, 06:13
Unless you get them for a steal (and that isn't) no way. Also, be aware that due to the proprietary follower design, if you need to replace the springs, you won't be able to.

Well crap I'll just stick to pmags then.

GH41
10-13-17, 06:17
You can usually find Okay magazines for 10 bucks shipped.

Stickman
10-13-17, 14:54
You can usually find Okay magazines for 10 bucks shipped.

While I may be a dirty PMAG whore, the Okay Industry mags have worked well for me when I use aluminum mags.

GTF425
10-13-17, 14:56
I have about 30 or so and at least half don't drop free.

These were 2011 issue.

Kdubya
10-15-17, 02:48
Honestly, if you want solid USGI mags for a low price look at D&H. I think it's PSA that has them for $6-$7 (shipped) pretty frequently. AFAIK, quite a few well known AR mfgs use (or have used) D&H as their OEM for the mags that come with their rifles.

10-15-17, 09:55
I've seen hundreds of the Center tan follower mags and have never seen one that didn't work. There's usually a couple in every case that don't drop free, but they will feed and lock back reliably.

I like Center's concave floor plate and they do two spot welds at top and bottom of the spine vs everyone else's one.

I've seen and used every g.i. there is, and like everyone, my favorite is Okay because they're just prettier and always drop free. Functionality and durability wise, Okay, Brownells, Center, all the same.

For $10, I'll buy Gen M3 Pmags and that's what's in my Colt right now.

10-15-17, 11:46
I have some Brownells branded magazines that have the extra spot welds, also. They were aquired new in 2008 and later upgraded with Magpul followers. Awesome mags.

Collin223
10-15-17, 12:59
I've seen hundreds of the Center tan follower mags and have never seen one that didn't work. There's usually a couple in every case that don't drop free, but they will feed and lock back reliably.

I like Center's concave floor plate and they do two spot welds at top and bottom of the spine vs everyone else's one.

I've seen and used every g.i. there is, and like everyone, my favorite is Okay because they're just prettier and always drop free. Functionality and durability wise, Okay, Brownells, Center, all the same.

For $10, I'll buy Gen M3 Pmags and that's what's in my Colt right now.

Where do you see 10$ gen3 pmags??

10-15-17, 14:53
Plenty of places online that have 'em for $100 or less for ten if you catch a sale. Or, I pick 'em up the forums.

Iraqgunz
10-15-17, 15:38
Gen 3 probably not. But, Gen 2 works great and there are also good aluminum mags like Surefeed out there.

Where do you see 10$ gen3 pmags??