PDA

View Full Version : S&W M&P Shield 2.0!

C4IGrant
10-13-17, 08:18
Got some pics and thought I would share. Will be a bunch of different variations (with and without TS, with and without NS's, with and without integrated CT laser).

C4

n517rv
10-13-17, 09:13
That looks suspiciously like M&P Shield 1.0... :)

Do you happen to know the differences?

C4IGrant
10-13-17, 09:30
That looks suspiciously like M&P Shield 1.0... :)

Do you happen to know the differences?

M&P M2.0 crisp trigger with lighter trigger pull and a tactile and audible trigger reset
M&P M2.0 aggressive grip texture for enhanced control
New integrated Crimson Trace red laser

C4

boombotz401
10-13-17, 09:54
Still no ambi slide lock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sam
10-13-17, 09:58
Thanks for posting the pics Grant.

I'll stick with my 1.0 :)

Pi3
10-13-17, 11:28
Thanks for the preview. I'm glad I resisted the rebate deal on the 1.0.

tn1911
10-13-17, 16:04
Integrated CT laser is nice!

Kain
10-13-17, 16:15
The grip texture interests me. I have come close to buying a Shield a few times this past year. Funds, or just apathy have kept me from doing so. However, with this, and the new M&P compact, and my EDC deciding that it wants to rust on me(though to the glock's credit it didn't miss a beat at the pistol range, I might be able to be convinced to change from my Glock to something else, at least for carry. I do prefer the size of the Shield to the Glock 43 so there is something there, even though I've carried only the 19 for the past two years now.

I suppose we will see. I will say this is a change that I am slightly surprised took them as long as they did. The laser if something that holds no interest to me though.

The Dumb Gun Collector
10-13-17, 16:29
Integration of the laser is fantastic.

TAZ
10-13-17, 16:33
Integration of the laser is fantastic.

1000+ to this.

Thanks for the pics. Seems like S&W are cranking out some neat things of late.

WickedWillis
10-13-17, 17:43
If pricing stays about where they were before all of the big summer promotions, they will continue to sell insanely well. All the improvements seem positive.

Big A
10-13-17, 19:00
I want a Performance Center version of this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Beat Trash
10-14-17, 09:28
For me, a Shield is more likely to be carried against my skin in a deeper method of concealment. The new grip texture of the 2.0's might be a bit rough on the skin. Can always tone it down with fine sandpaper if needed.

Do we know if the magazines are interchangeable? I assume they are, but then I hate to assume anything.

Grant, any thoughts on if the Shield 1.0's will be phased out of production in lieu of the 2.0?

Todd.K
10-14-17, 09:46
Integration of a white light would interest me more.

I'd also like to see one with a grip for the 8 round mag. It would make a nice single stack for smaller hands.

3ACR_Scout
10-14-17, 09:51
I'm glad I resisted the rebate deal on the 1.0.
I guess the summer rebate was a big push to reduce inventory before they release these additional 2.0 models.

Joelski
10-14-17, 10:43
Meh. Nothing compelling enough to get me to dump my v.1.

CPM
10-14-17, 11:43
They were offering the 45 in that rebate as well, which is a 2.0 . I am extremely disappointed I didn't buy one.

9mmsteve
10-14-17, 12:09
I have a feeling a new fall rebate will appear soon. The last summer rebate followed the cash back rebate in the spring with about a 3 week lapse.

cutter_spc
10-14-17, 13:29
I'll just stick with my 1.0. Nice to see they integrate the laser, but like another stated, how about a light? And if your going this far, why not knock it out of the park and put a pressure switch in the grip area so the laser (or light) is activated intuitively? They would own the market if they did this.

BuzzinSATX
10-14-17, 14:37
C4, thanks for the heads up and pics.

BuzzinSATX
10-14-17, 14:47
Integrated CT laser is nice!

I'll just stick with my 1.0. Nice to see they integrate the laser, but like another stated, how about a light? And if your going this far, why not knock it out of the park and put a pressure switch in the grip area so the laser (or light) is activated intuitively? They would own the market if they did this.

I've got several Shields, including a Performance Center. I usually buy them on sale and for the money, they work fine. I do like the way they shoot for a smaller gun, and they definitely carry well. I wish they all had triggers like the PC gun...it's not awesome, but it is noticeably better. I know I could go with the Apex upgrade, but I'm dealing with the stock triggers okay. Hoping the new 2.0 will be more like the PC gun, as I'm game to add another gun if they come out with the rebate again...

If you want the light and laser combo, you should really look into the Streamlight TLR-6. I have them on a couple Shields and they are excellent. I also have it on my wife G19 bedside gun. For around $100, it's a better upgrade to the current Shield than night sights IMO.

YMMV