PDA

View Full Version : ??? Magazines for M-4s in 7.62 X 39 ???

One Shot
10-08-08, 21:40
Is there anybody anywhere who makes good working magazines for a guy who wants to shoot 7.62 X 39 ammo out of his carbine? I am thinking about getting an M-4 variant that shoots 7.62 X 39 ammo but if I can't get decent magazines for it, why bother? I already have 4 variants in .223/5.56 and want to play with or test a slightly larger cartridge.

Thanks for any help.

Cold Zero
10-08-08, 21:59
C Products has 30 rd. mags for that weapon. They are guaranteed for life. I hope that helps.;)

If you have interest in a 7.62 X 39 Colt M4 Pre Ban, with mags, with very low round count , I know where there is one that may be had.:eek:

Enjoy.

rkb3119
10-16-08, 16:09
I agree, try the C Products mag, they have done very extensive work to build a good mag. I cannot, however speak from personal experience, but I have a friend that assisted C Products with working kinks out of the design and the last I heard things were looking very good for a good quality product and I noticed that C Products is selling one now so I am guessing that it works.

SethB
10-16-08, 16:44
I want you to explain to me how you would go about placing curved rounds in a straight magazine and make it work.

I'm dead serious.

peasant
10-23-08, 07:06
It can be curved below the magwell but must be straight in the mag well. No way around this in a standard lower. The follower and spring are critical. Everything has to be just right. Hence the feeding issues with the x39 round.

chadbag
10-23-08, 12:06
I want you to explain to me how you would go about placing curved rounds in a straight magazine and make it work.

I'm dead serious.

curved rounds? I'd like to see those.

KTR03
10-24-08, 17:16
The C Products magazines are still going through serious teething problems. I have used them in an XCR and it didn't work reliably.