PDA

View Full Version : M&P 2.0 5 inch RMR milling?

kwelz
10-16-17, 13:47
I am trying to figure out if this can be done. On the standard and compact M&P 2.0 this is not a big deal. It can be done. However the 5 inch model has a top located loaded chamber indicator as you can see in the image I attached. Does anyone know if this will prevent the slide being safely milled for an RMR by a reputable company?

ggammell
10-16-17, 14:07
Reach out directly to ATEi. They will give you the definitive answer.

nimdabew
10-16-17, 21:55
ATEi won't do a pro or RMR pocket for a loaded chamber indicator slide.

https://ateiguns.com/product/build-a-mp-package/#top-of-slide-options

M&P 9 2.0 modifications offered differ from the regular M&P 9 model. A regular trigger job (sear install and radius and polish the safety plunger) is offered, but the full target trigger job is not available at this time. There are dimensional differences in the M&P 9 2.0 slide which require new programs to be developed for the side and top porting. Once developed and available, an announcement will be made. Full and Half Top Serrations, RMR install, regular trigger job and refinishing in Black Nitride (Nickel Boron is no longer available for M&P slides) are the only slide modifications available at this time for the M&P 9 2.0. We do not offer milling for or install of a mini red dot optic on the new M&P 9 2.0 with the chamber indicator at the top rear of the slide.

Just realized the NiB I paid for is no longer offer d for 2.0 slides... damn.

zephyr
10-16-17, 22:45
I was wondering the same thing the other day and somehow came across this. I don't know anything about the company, not vouching for or against them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppb-8smNCfE

I would think that at some point soon S&W is going to address that somehow. If they came out with a factory model without that stupid thing or even factory milled I would buy one in a heartbeat.

Sparky5019
10-17-17, 17:16
Check with Agency Arms, Mod 1 Firearms and Ops Armory. They all do top quality work though I have no personal experience with them. My vote have been ATEi as well. Good luck.

WickedWillis
10-17-17, 17:38
Mark can also help you with L&M Precision

https://www.landmprecisiongunworks.com/contact-us/

Up1911fan
10-17-17, 21:19
Apex makes a filler to eliminate the LCI.

dougwg
10-18-17, 09:06
Just buy an M&P without the loaded chamber indicator.

Up1911fan
10-18-17, 11:41
I don't think S&W is doing a black 5" 2 .0 without it yet.

kwelz
10-18-17, 16:22
Just buy an M&P without the loaded chamber indicator.

5 inch models aren't available without.

fivepointoh
10-19-17, 21:42
I don't think S&W is doing a black 5" 2 .0 without it yet.

It can't come soon enough. Look, I like FDE/Coyote/whatever when I wanna get my inner operator tier 1onez! on lol, but seriously, what's wrong with black guns, and what is taking them so long?

Up1911fan
10-19-17, 22:02
Yeah I'll but a black 5 inch 2.0 when available.

zephyr
10-19-17, 22:25
Yeah I'll but a black 5 inch 2.0 when available.

Me too, hopefully without the big stupid thingy on the top so I can put an RMR on it.

Tequila45
10-30-17, 09:19
Have instagram? Check out weapon armament research or their site weaponarmamentresearch.com they have done some cool and interesting things with the fde 2.0. They have been able to rmr the 2.0 with loaded chamber indicator

dougwg
11-02-17, 21:52
I am able also but...

For liability reason "removing a factory safety feature" it's something my lawyer recommends not doing.

kwelz
11-02-17, 22:09
I am able also but...

For liability reason "removing a factory safety feature" it's something my lawyer recommends not doing.

Yeah I get that.

Thanks everyone for all the advice and info!

WickedWillis
11-03-17, 11:10
I am able also but...

When someone as well respected and knowledgeable as Doug says you shouldn't, I would definitely side with him.