PDA

View Full Version : Update - Micro Eagle .380acp

OnPointFirearms
10-09-08, 09:47
*Update*

This just in: new advertisements from Magnum Research feat. the Micro Eagle .380acp.

http://www.onpointfirearms.com/MicroEagle.pdf

I still think it looks pretty cool.

-- Evan

Czech it out: this October, Magnum Research plans to release a an uber-light .380acp pocket pistol called the Micro Eagle. The new Micro Eagle is based on a Czech design and supposedly weighs less than 14 ounces! It has a 6-round capacity and should retail for around $535, with dealer pricing around $435.

http://www.onpointsupply.com/images/magnum_research_micro_eagle.jpg

-- Evan

markm
10-09-08, 10:07
Anyone who would pay $535 for any gun chambered in .380 ought to be shot.

LOKNLOD
10-09-08, 10:11

Like tasers, pepper spray, and other non-lethal weapons, you ought to have to be shot with a .380 before you can carry one? ;)

OnPointFirearms
10-09-08, 11:21

That's the spirit!

wahoo95
10-09-08, 11:40
Like tasers, pepper spray, and other non-lethal weapons, you ought to have to be shot with a .380 before you can carry one? ;)

Come on folks....we all know the .380 isn't the "ideal" choice for a SD pistol, however could we also agree that there is no person in their right mind that thinks so lowly of the .380 that they'd volunteer to take just one COM shot from one??????

John_Wayne777
10-09-08, 15:59
Come on folks....we all know the .380 isn't the "ideal" choice for a SD pistol, however could we also agree that there is no person in their right mind that thinks so lowly of the .380 that they'd volunteer to take just one COM shot from one??????

I recently purchased a Ruger LCP. I purchased it for the purpose of self defense...but it's not a primary weapon. It's a backup for when the biggest handgun I can carry is a S&W 442.

Yes, it's better than throwing rocks. With the addition of some CT grips much better, I would argue...but we still have to keep a sane understanding of what these little handguns are.

MisterWilson
10-09-08, 16:03
I'd rather have a Seecamp.

K.L. Davis
10-09-08, 16:40
All of the folks that I have seen killed by being shot with a diminutive, pocket pistol cartridge, to a person, refused to come back to life... even when they were told that they were only shot with a sub-9mm pistol round.

Parabellum9x19mm
10-09-08, 16:49
agreed. the .380ACP is very popular on the street right now and kills a lot of people, each and every year.

that being said, i also agree with MarkM. i carry a .380ACP as a backup to my Walther PPS ....but then again, its just a $200 Bersa. i don't need an expensive backup gun. it will get kicked around in an ankle rig most of the time anyway.

LOKNLOD
10-09-08, 16:54
You guys are right of course...just having a bit of fun with Demi's statement. Small gun is still better than no gun. This little rascal looks like interesting addition to that market.

BAC
10-09-08, 18:33
The way a cop described it to me was it was a handy thing to tuck into your vest or weak side pocket and, when you can't access your primary gun, you grab the BUG and jam it into the most convenient orifice of the bad guy and let a couple rounds rip. Apparently it takes the fight out of BGs real quick.

-B

RogerinTPA
10-09-08, 18:52
Growing up in a gang area, I have known more people to be shot and killed by various .22's, .25's, .32's, than any other caliber of military significance. It has and always will be a true axiom...accurate shot placement kills (Lucky accurate shots count too).;)

HolyRoller
10-10-08, 12:26
Back when I did a lot of criminal defense, I tried to get a new trial for a guy who had a girlfriend with an abusive ex-boyfriend--big mean dude, 6'4" 240#, and when he found out he'd been traded, his feelings were hurt. Well one night, ex busts into a bingo hall after my guy and GF with felonious intent. GF finally got fed up, retrieved her Condition III Makarov loaded with .380 TMJ from her bingo bag, racked the slide, fired twice at powder-burn range (yes I know it's really stipple, not burn). My guy, dissatisfied with the results, grabbed the gun from her and shot him with the other six rounds. It stopped ex from doing whatever he was going to do, even though he was so mean he was still alive when he got to the hospital, complete with a bullet in the brain stem. Didn't last long after that, though.

.380 CAN get it done, at least sometimes, but given its lack of damage and also the tendency of small autopistols to get cruddy in the usual backup carry locations, I'd rather have my snub .38, with more power and it always works. Well, except the 637 that DIDN'T work ... sighhhh ... nothing's perfect.

Oh yeah, the appeals court didn't really see things my way. I thought my guy should have got a medal for wasting the fool, but the jury said Murder Two and he went down for life, partly due to his earlier felony record. I still feel bad about that one.

John_Wayne777
10-10-08, 14:08
The way a cop described it to me was it was a handy thing to tuck into your vest or weak side pocket and, when you can't access your primary gun, you grab the BUG and jam it into the most convenient orifice of the bad guy and let a couple rounds rip. Apparently it takes the fight out of BGs real quick.

-B

Pretty much. These things are WOLRs, or Weapons Of Last Resort. Good things to have and useful when kept in perspective.

John_Wayne777
10-10-08, 14:08
Well, except the 637 that DIDN'T work ... sighhhh ... nothing's perfect.

Issues with the lawyer lock, or something different?

HolyRoller
10-10-08, 18:04
You must be psychic. :-/ Yeah, something in there broke and the lock flipped up at random to block the firing pin. Smith fixed it for free, but pretty soon I picked up a 1970ish Colt Agent with no lock and a hammer-mounted firing pin as God intended. Also holds an extra round. K-frame speedloaders work with the Agent, as do Bianchi Slow Strips.

John_Wayne777
10-10-08, 19:15
You must be psychic. :-/ Yeah, something in there broke and the lock flipped up at random to block the firing pin.

Unfortunately that's not all that unheard of, and it's one reason why the first thing I do after acquiring a lock-bearing S&W revolver (thankfully I only have one) is remove the lock mechanism from the weapon entirely.

Smith & Wesson should ditch the damned lawyer lock on at LEAST the light J frames in .38 and .357. They are an answer to a question nobody asked.

MisterWilson
10-10-08, 19:40
You haven't heard about the NEW production 642 no-locks?

Or the new Centennials?

John_Wayne777
10-10-08, 20:07
You haven't heard about the NEW production 642 no-locks?

Or the new Centennials?

I've heard about them, but last I knew they were only a limited run....not a permanent departure from the lock nonsense.