PDA

View Full Version : Radian Raptor vs Raptor LT

voiceofreason
10-17-17, 23:36
Anyone used the LT version?

The standard Raptor is a known reliable piece of equipment.

Is the polymer over aluminum version (LT) less reliable or weaker?

Or just cheaper to manufacture?

Is the $20 difference worth it?

Considering switching over to the Raptor for 4x. So that $20 adds up

rockapede
10-18-17, 08:39
It would appear that it’s just the handles that are overmolded and have 7075 cores. If that’s the case, I don’t really see a downside. Radian has definitely earned some wiggle room to innovate, IMO, and I have a hard time believing they’d release a product that would damage that reputation...particularly a product that was part of their signature offering.

RobertTheTexan
10-18-17, 09:37
Why don’t you get one and put it in your most heavily used weapon, beater, truck gun whatever, and see how you like it. Then you can determine any downsides if any or buy 3 more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GH41
10-18-17, 13:39
If the X Ray picture on the website is accurate even if the plastic parts fell off it would still be functional. Maybe they did it to lower the price point of their product and increase their market share by making a more affordable product. The initial injection molding setup cost is expensive but once recovered the parts themselves only cost pennies. I am sure they did the math and also doubt the would jeopardise their reputation by selling an inferior product.

Stickman
10-18-17, 19:10
They are both GTG, if I were looking at purchasing 4, I would go the cheaper route and save the money. Aside from the polymer, I believe the latch size is slightly different as well, but I can't recall where I saw the pics and info.