PDA

View Full Version : Leupold Deltapoint Pro

Achilles11B
10-21-17, 08:29
I’m thinking about sending the slide of my Gen 3 Glock 17 in to Suarez International to get milled for a Leupold Deltapoint Pro. I’ve read reviews that say it’s a good alternative to the RMR but not quite on the same level. Any Deltapoint users out there? Should I stack a few more quarters up for the RMR instead? Thanks in advance.

Wake27
10-21-17, 12:45
I used my DPP for a few months but just sold it to buy an RMR. The huge window was nice, but the whole thing was so big that holster and BUIS compatibility was a pain in the ass. I also hated the brightness adjustment because it was hard to tell which way you were dialing the dot. Maybe most significantly though, it goes to shit when it gets wet. I'd seen some stuff about it so I did a real basic test in the sink and was not pleased. I had to dry it out with a paper towel to get the dot to work right, shaking the water out wasn't enough. To be fair, I haven't tried it with an RMR but apparently they work much better at that. I wish I had just sent my slide to ATEi for an RMR in the first place.

ggammell
10-21-17, 13:29
I prefer the red dot of the RMR to the Delta Point’s reticle.

Creature
10-21-17, 14:52
The DP's brightness control button sucks. The RMR has a much smarter design.

Achilles11B
10-21-17, 21:15
How is the RMR’s design smarter? I have no experience with either, so any insight in to their usage is welcome.

bear13
10-21-17, 22:11
How is the RMR’s design smarter? I have no experience with either, so any insight in to their usage is welcome.

Rmr basically has up and down buttons. The dpp has one button and it goes all the way down or up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grnamin
10-21-17, 22:24
You can replace the DPP's battery without removing the unit from the gun. I have zero experience with the RMR. Has anyone had to re-zero theirs after replacing the battery?

I prefer the red dot of the RMR to the Delta Point’s reticle.

DPP comes with either a 7.5 MOA triangular and 2.5 MOA dot reticle.

Creature
10-22-17, 08:04

Lucas Botkin explains why the RMR's brightness controls are better much more succinctly than I could in this 6-minute video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CemBUg-EmWo&t=320s).

QuickStrike
10-22-17, 08:39
I used my DPP for a few months but just sold it to buy an RMR. The huge window was nice, but the whole thing was so big that holster and BUIS compatibility was a pain in the ass. I also hated the brightness adjustment because it was hard to tell which way you were dialing the dot. Maybe most significantly though, it goes to shit when it gets wet. I'd seen some stuff about it so I did a real basic test in the sink and was not pleased. I had to dry it out with a paper towel to get the dot to work right, shaking the water out wasn't enough. To be fair, I haven't tried it with an RMR but apparently they work much better at that. I wish I had just sent my slide to ATEi for an RMR in the first place.

Damn, I guess I’ll stick to aimpoints...

snakyjake
10-22-17, 14:30
Thoughts...
Is the DPP diode exposed? A big deal if it is?
DPP's battery life?
Like DPP's battery replacement.
Like DPP's field of view.
Like DPP's auto on/off.
As for the size of the DPP...as an overall percentage of the pistol and holster, I don't think it's going to be a big deal.
I don't play with the brightness buttons.

FlyingHunter
10-22-17, 14:37
I've had good luck with mine on a G19. Reliability has been 100%. I change the battery every 6 months and have never had the flashing indicator of low battery. I've tested the zero after a battery change and never seen a need for adjustment. It's seen plenty of rain and dust on my farm. I never touch the brightness controls. I found the setting that works in bright daylight and night. My G19 always has a TLR1-HL mounted for use in low light which resolves bloom of the dot. I'm planning to buy a second DPP.

bear13
10-24-17, 22:51
I've had good luck with mine on a G19. Reliability has been 100%. I change the battery every 6 months and have never had the flashing indicator of low battery. I've tested the zero after a battery change and never seen a need for adjustment. It's seen plenty of rain and dust on my farm. I never touch the brightness controls. I found the setting that works in bright daylight and night. My G19 always has a TLR1-HL mounted for use in low light which resolves bloom of the dot. I'm planning to buy a second DPP.

Have you ran a rmr in the past? Sorry if you have stated it already. I really like the deltapoint. Am currently contemplating rmr 2 vs deltapoint pro. I like the glass and window of the dpro. But the rmr 2 seems to be pretty well received

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Achilles11B
10-25-17, 00:50

Mine will be on a G17 with a TLR-1, and possibly a G26 with TLR-6. When you say you found a setting that works in bright daylight and at night, is that while using the light?