PDA

View Full Version : My coyote rifle

PossumKop
06-15-06, 16:45
I put this together from almost all used parts. I kept a 3 shot group at .5 inches at 100, so I'm happy with that. The camo was applied by me from a template purhcased from bulldogarms.com. It is my full time coyote rig.

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/6359/camoar26dn.jpg

wargod113
06-15-06, 18:20
Looks nice! I really like the camo that you did.

KyBlaster
06-16-06, 12:15
Great camo job!

Ice Cream Man
06-17-06, 08:14
Very nice! Love the camo job.

M4arc
06-17-06, 09:29
WOW, I love that camo job!

baffle Stack
06-17-06, 12:02
I'm going to check these guys out <bulldogarms.com>
Like everyone said good job. What did you paint it with?

PossumKop
06-18-06, 01:40
I baked it at 200 deg then used brake fluid as a degreaser. I used plain old Krylon flat camo paint and baked it again after each coat. I didn't bake the grip, bipod or scope. I used a hairdryer on those. If you use your kitchen oven, make sure that your wife isn't home and won't be fore a while after... you funk up the whole house. Also don't leave your wife's hair dryer in the garage. You may get woke up at an ungodly hour and asked about it. I don't expect it to last forever and there is already some wear from use. The coyotes haven't seemed to mind though. The templates are very reasonable, and you get a lot of use out of just one sheet. This is the first firearm I've camoed and I was pleased with how it turned out. Thanks for the compliments all!!!

Pierced Armor
07-17-06, 01:45
Hey Big Rat Officer,

Have to agree with everyone else, the paints awesome. Beautiful weapon and it even shoots nicely too. Just peeked in my safe and it was awful dark in there, nothing but black. Maybe I should check out BullDogarm's site.
So, about how much labor was involved total (hours)?

P.S.: Hope the wife's over it by now!

Safe & Happy Shooting
(for you, not the coyotes)

cheaptrick
07-17-06, 15:50
Excellent camo job!!
Nice rifle!