PDA

View Full Version : AK 74 Do Over

bigbore
10-24-06, 18:44
After blasting away and refinishing the Corrosive ammo crap, I once again have a functional 5.45x39 rifle - which is now a much better weapon.

http://www.adcofirearms.com/junkpics/akredo.jpg

I wish I had a scale at home, because its really light.

TOrrock
10-24-06, 22:18
What kind of rail system did you use?

bigbore
10-24-06, 22:33
surefire

deadwood83
10-24-06, 22:43
Hmm not bad. (Coming from me describing an AK that's pretty high praise lol) Nice choice on stock and optic!:D

1 question though. You ever going to put rail covers on that forearm? My experiences with rails have been slightly bleeding at best. Might not be the same for you though.

Jay Cunningham
10-25-06, 03:32
That 5.45 looks great - highly functional.

Have you gotten a chance to shake out that SureFire rail system? I have handled and mounted one, but not put any rounds through a rifle with one mounted. The reason that I ask is because I remember reading on 10-8 Forums that they found the rail (as currently designed) would not hold a consistent zero for an optic. They stated that SureFire took this under consideration.

You may also want to take a look at the Blackjack Buffers SWIFT lever replacement for the original selector/safety lever - it's worth its weight in gold.

themadhatter
10-25-06, 08:00
:eek:

SuicideHz
10-25-06, 10:12
Not bad. I liked it better the old way when it AND the YHM suppressor were worth below $1k. ;)

M4arc
10-25-06, 20:23
That 5.45 looks great - highly functional.

Have you gotten a chance to shake out that SureFire rail system? I have handled and mounted one, but not put any rounds through a rifle with one mounted. The reason that I ask is because I remember reading on 10-8 Forums that they found the rail (as currently designed) would not hold a consistent zero for an optic. They stated that SureFire took this under consideration.

You may also want to take a look at the Blackjack Buffers SWIFT lever replacement for the original selector/safety lever - it's worth its weight in gold.

Thekatar, what rail is everyone recommending for running an optic like that?

Steve - I have to admit it's not my thing but it's growing on me :D

Bulldog1967
10-25-06, 21:23
I think the TDI X-47 rail I have on my SAM-7 holds the zero of my eotech VERY well.

bigbore
10-25-06, 21:37
The Surefire rail seems to be holding well. Its a 4 MOA dot on a 3 MOA rifle, that I'll probably never shoot past 50yds. Good enough for me either way. I did cut off the piece that extended the length of the gas tube. The next project it to modify a Surefire rail to fit my Krink:)

I've learned a ton about how these things run, and the guy who builds these for he has taught me more than I wanted to know.

I'm going to stock modified the base line 5.45 Century WASRs. They'll have 1/2x28 threaded barrels, necessary compliance parts, and will be as smooth as any of the high dollar AKs. I'll be completely refinishing them in a 2 step process that will resist the effects of corrosive ammo.

PS - there are ladder panels on the rails.

Heavy Metal
10-29-06, 12:57
Kool!

krinker
11-13-06, 15:02
I really like that stock. It turned out pretty nice.