PDA

View Full Version : Cavtan

Rogue7a
10-09-08, 13:16
Watch out for this guy. I was selling a RBAV with EXPLICITE direction that I would not sell it to Foreign Nationals. This individual contacted me via email. below is an excerpt one of his emails:

My offer is 450. Is it OK? Do you want only cash? I want to buy this body armor because I'm interresting in technology of this vest. I'm the Polish producer of army gear. I supply a gear for Polish specail force GROM. So, if you want, we can exchangeing ours staff.

Essentially this person is trying to solicit intellectual property for the purpose of reverse engineering. While there is nothing "Secret" or "Restricted" about an RBAV carrier this individual has made it clear that he intends to copy it.

I have too much respect for Matt Johnson the designer of this vest to provide it to an individual who will end up copying it and selling it as an airsoft knock off.

I have already forwarded his info to the Mods, BAE Domestic and International Sales as well as the State Depatment

Rogue7a
10-09-08, 13:22
He has now followed up with the following email after I informed him of my intentions as stated above:

Eh... Unfortunately you misunderstand me. I'm not an engineer, I do it only as hobby and I even don't have a company. So I don't know what is wrong?

Funny because he stated before that he "Produced Gear" for the polish army.