PDA

View Full Version : Mossy SPX accessories?

R1pper
10-09-08, 13:31
Are there any out there. I am in the market for a scattergun and I am taking a serous look (again) at the 930 SPX. The biggest thing is there does not seem to be a large amount of aftermarket goodies for the gun as of now. What is the hold up, the gun has been out for almost a year.

If anyone knows other wise please fill me in on where I can get some goodies for one.

-DM-

3CTactical
10-09-08, 17:38
Try Mesa Tactical - their barrel/mag clamp for the Remington 870 works on the SPX, plus they're supposed to be coming out with a side saddle sometime in the near future. A guy that goes by the name of MAX100 on other boards makes a nice extended charging handle - I've got one on my breacher model 930. Vang Comp's safety as well as Cavalry Arms safety bolts on just fine too. What are you specifically looking for?

R1pper
10-10-08, 14:44
I am looking for a pistol grip with a full stock and a side saddle shell carrier, and a sling mount.

-DM-

m24shooter
10-11-08, 18:26
Choate already makes the straight PG stock.
Mesa is supposed to be releasing the sidesaddle. I'm waiting on a T&E unit.
For sling mounts, I use a SGT/Wilson 870/1100 side sling mount and a Gear Sector Fixed Stock Adapter.

3CTactical
10-11-08, 19:24
For a sling mount at the front end you can also use the Mesa Tactical clamp as I think it has a provision for a QD swivel. Right now (in the front) I'm using a cheap picatinny magazine clamp with a Daniel Defense offset QD mount with a VCAS sling. In the rear, I've got a Blue Force gear fixed stock adapter. I like how the Daniel Defense offset mount lets the gun hang, better than when I had it setup with the Wilson/Scattergun front sling mount. The gun doesn't tend to want to flop over as much this way. At the moment, I'm also playing around with an Aimpoint T-1 to see how I like it.

keller
12-07-08, 21:51
Well probably soon see Vang Comp +2 Extensions for these. UTG makes a replacement top rail. Id like to see someone make replacement furniture. Was hoping that the stock could be shortened but no can do. Anyone know who has the best price for the tactical (breacher) barrel? And what is Max100's contact info? TIA

keller
12-09-08, 14:29
Called Mossberg and they will not sell the Tactical or breacher barrel by itself; wont even give a part # for it. Same goes for the SPX. They do have plain 18" barrels for $149, part # 93020.

3CTactical
12-09-08, 15:43
I contacted him via email at: gunconnect@prtcnet.com - hope he doesn't mind me posting that here, but maybe it'll get him some more business. I have one of his NOBs, and it is a much improved piece over the stock Mossy unit.