PDA

View Full Version : Is this BCG any good?

e z money
10-25-17, 13:25
It's a BCG sold by SWFA for $120 and they say it's mil-spec. They say it's their "house brand". I tried to post screen shots from their web page but wasn't able to. Just wondering if it's actually mil-spec.

Kevslatvin
10-25-17, 13:43
I don't know how you'd tell. Have to take their word for it I guess. Most on here I'd say will tell you to look elsewhere at one of the more well known reputable brands(Bravo Company, LMT, etc.). You might look at these Toolcraft BCG's from Cryptic Coatings http://www.crypticcoatings.com/coated-bolt-carrier-group/ I 've heard people say good things about them and they're cheaper.

e z money
10-25-17, 13:54
I don't know how you'd tell. Have to take their word for it I guess. Most on here I'd say will tell you to look elsewhere at one of the more well known reputable brands(Bravo Company, LMT, etc.). You might look at these Toolcraft BCG's from Cryptic Coatings http://www.crypticcoatings.com/coated-bolt-carrier-group/ I 've heard people say good things about them and they're cheaper.

I already bought it. From looking at it, I can only tell, that the gas key looks properly staked. I prefer LMT or BCM BCG's but trying to save some money and this rifle is my gf's and will be used for hunting deer and hogs.

rockapede
10-25-17, 14:06
I already bought it. From looking at it, I can only tell, that the gas key looks properly staked.

What’s the point of asking after buying? For $120 (or less) my money would be going toward Toolcraft. That said, all my current BCGs are BCM. It’s not like I buy them constantly and the peace of mind with a proven product is worth the premium to me.

e z money
10-25-17, 14:11
What’s the point of asking after buying? For $120 (or less) my money would be going toward Toolcraft. That said, all my current BCGs are BCM. It’s not like I buy them constantly and the peace of mind with a proven product is worth the premium to me.

The reason for asking after I bought it, is because I would like to know what I bought. If it fails, I will buy a BCM or LMT. This rifle won't get much use and it will probably be good to go.

GH41
10-25-17, 15:23
The reason for asking after I bought it, is because I would like to know what I bought. If it fails, I will buy a BCM or LMT. This rifle won't get much use and it will probably be good to go.

That makes a lot of sense. There is an old saying... Buy once cry once.

GH41
10-25-17, 15:23

That makes a lot of sense. There is an old saying... Buy once cry once.

titsonritz
10-25-17, 18:39
The reason for asking after I bought it, is because I would like to know what I bought.

That is the sort of thing you find out before you buy.

Eurodriver
10-25-17, 18:43
I don’t understand.

Inkslinger
10-25-17, 18:47
Is it actually Mil-spec? Probably not. Will it work? Shoot it and see.

SeriousStudent
10-25-17, 19:44
This is kind of like waking up Sunday morning and asking the person next to you if they have any pertinent medical conditions you should know about.

It's best to ask some questions before spending money and time, lest one get an itchy rash.