PDA

View Full Version : Bolt

thegreyman
10-26-17, 08:03
I need a spare; are Colt and DD bolts equal in all respects?

tehpwnag3
10-26-17, 09:10
Either should serve you well.

Amicus
10-26-17, 14:30
Either should serve you well.

+ 1

I also use BCM and LMT because they are all of similar and very good quality.

Beat Trash
10-26-17, 16:38
Colt, DD, BCM, LMT.

Whichever one is cheaper is what I would buy.

lysander
10-27-17, 04:44
I would read the specs on the DD bolt very carefully.
Not really the most discriptive write up, but I cant see anything out of sorts . . .

Daniel Defense Bolt Assembly, 5.56 NATO / 300 Blackout

The Daniel Defense 5.56 NATO (5.56x45mm & .223 Remington) / 300 Blackout (7.6x35mm) Bolt Assembly.

Carpenter 158 Steel
High Pressure Tested
Magnetic Particle Inspected
Shot Peened Bolt
Heavy Phosphate Coated
Extractor Booster
Made in the USA
https://danieldefense.com/components-parts/small-parts/bolt-5-56mm-spc.html

Amicus
10-27-17, 05:49
I would read the specs on the DD bolt very carefully.

Hmm. I see that the BCM bolt includes a "tool steel extractor" while the DD does not mention this. Is that what you are referring to?

MistWolf
10-27-17, 06:23
When it says "Extractor Booster", do they mean insert or O ring?

ghostly
10-27-17, 06:49
I can think of no reason to choose DD over Colt or BCM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ABNAK
10-27-17, 13:11
When it says "Extractor Booster", do they mean insert or O ring?

Yeah, they must. My newly purchased DD chromed BCG came with an O-ring.

Stickman
10-27-17, 14:54
I need a spare; are Colt and DD bolts equal in all respects?

Nope, not when you throw in the word ALL.

PaLEOjd
10-27-17, 17:38
Daniel Defense bolt carriers seem to be overpriced when compared to other quality companies offerings.
I don't have any experience with them specifically I've used Colt and BCM mainly. I have purchased both a Toolcraft and Smith & Wesson BCG at pretty good prices, both as extras in case I would need one right away.
The Toolcraft carrier ran around $90 and is definitely a quality carrier, manufactured and coated to proper specs. It seems to be right on par with my BCM & Colts. Being honest, I'm not exactly sure who makes the bolt itself. Unknown manufacturer but the bolt is MPI'd and marked as such.
If you're willing to give try something a little different at a steal of a price, I would not hesitate to purchase another.

ACE31
10-28-17, 14:57
Daniel Defense bolt carriers seem to be overpriced when compared to other quality companies offerings.
I don't have any experience with them specifically I've used Colt and BCM mainly. I have purchased both a Toolcraft and Smith & Wesson BCG at pretty good prices, both as extras in case I would need one right away.
The Toolcraft carrier ran around $90 and is definitely a quality carrier, manufactured and coated to proper specs. It seems to be right on par with my BCM & Colts. Being honest, I'm not exactly sure who makes the bolt itself. Unknown manufacturer but the bolt is MPI'd and marked as such.
If you're willing to give try something a little different at a steal of a price, I would not hesitate to purchase another.

Another vote for Toolcraft, plus they are on sale at Monmouth right now.

MSparks909
10-28-17, 16:47
Colt, DD, BCM, LMT.

Whichever one is cheaper is what I would buy.

X2. Don't overthink it.

Vegasshooter
10-28-17, 18:27
I'll throw in a huge, resounding vote for Sionics. I run 2 of them. One in my work gun: Noveske with a match barrel and a Vortex Razor 1-6, the other in my Sionics 3gun rifle. My competition rifle gets run really hard, and gets very hot. I shoot a pretty high volume through it, and don't clean it often. The NP3 really, genuinely helps. I've done a significant amount of research, and the evidence seems to indicate that NP3 is superior to Nickel Boron. It is very slick, even to the touch, and cleans up like a champ, just by wiping it down. They are built out of the right materials, and individually HPI/MPI tested, not batch tested.
Not putting any of the other choices down, certainly there are several. I'm just a big fan of the Sionics because they flat out work. Throw any decent lube on them, then shoot the snot out of em.

Iraqgunz
10-29-17, 00:27
I deleted my comment after revisiting the website and finding some updated information which was there previously.