PDA

View Full Version : The Bucket List ...

WillBrink
10-26-17, 21:21
I'm looking for some "bucket list" ideas. What have you done that was on your list, and what have you yet to do on your list? Let's hear it. I'm 52 years old, and a bit banged up in spots, been through it, but I'm ready for a new life challenge boys (and the few lady members!).

https://burnersxxx.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/bucket-list-cartoon.jpg

MegademiC
10-26-17, 21:53
Killing a wild boar with a knife is on my list still.
So is a helo-hog hunt(shoot) - with at least one bow-kill from a helo.

BTW, still waiting for my friend to respond per our PM - Ill ping him again.

WillBrink
10-26-17, 22:11

The hog from a helo remains firmly on the list, and I'm far from a die hard hunter, but damn!

Firefly
10-26-17, 22:26
Oh boy. The thread I've been waiting for.
I too am at a weird age.

My accomplishments are subjective. I got to mingle with folks. Got to do this and that. Got to travel. Had money, lost money. But that was past.

Really I will avoid controversial stuff but...

I think my main one is living in a van. Going wherever I please. Walking the earth. Like, seeing the real America for what it is. Like the r e a l America. Baregoot and Groovy long hair and a tambourine.

I may even try my hand at street preaching.

Otherwise go trucking along blaring Rush down the road.

I wanna be the burn out with dark brown raybans, confederate slouch hat, Adidas track jacket, some obscure band shirt on, cut off shorts, slippers, with cigarette in one hand and Stolied Pibb in the other at an open air concert with a sign that says "Love Making Lessons. Fit Chicks Free. Fat Chicks $100. Dudes $1 Million. Cash up front. No Refunds"

Just keeping it real. Going on a classic walkabout.
I want to be a bum.

I know there is the urge for tge great American novel, to climb everest, to learn something new, or to create a work of art.

But no...I want to be a hippie ass bum bordering on folk hero status. Leaving kids in every state.

You know....I never seen anybody like that pissed off at the world.

As a wise man said, "if you wanna know how your life is going; look around. You're already there."

I want to be cop bait. To be the guy that Joe Friday would tell off for being a hippie and refusing to be uncool like everybody else. While guys are working jobs, trying to hold loveless, sexless marriages together, worrying about retirement and dying on the shitter.....

....I wanna wake up naked to a cigarette and step outside into my outdoor kitchen of a picnic tent and hotplate and cook beans and eggs wondering which crazy girl pissed at her dad or frustrated, clock ticking middle aged bird I'm gonna keep warm that night while blasting tupac. I will do nothing except some odd cash paying job to cover gas.

Once I finally find America....I'm gonna mend her broken heart and let her know people still love her.

Maybe THEN I might go back to a square's life.

WillBrink
10-26-17, 22:36
Oh boy. The thread I've been waiting for.
I too am at a weird age.

My accomplishments are subjective. I got to mingle with folks. Got to do this and that. Got to travel. Had money, lost money. But that was past.

Really I will avoid controversial stuff but...

I think my main one is living in a van. Going wherever I please. Walking the earth. Like, seeing the real America for what it is. Like the r e a l America. Baregoot and Groovy long hair and a tambourine.

I may even try my hand at street preaching.

Otherwise go trucking along blaring Rush down the road.

I wanna be the burn out with dark brown raybans, confederate slouch hat, Adidas track jacket, some obscure band shirt on, cut off shorts, slippers, with cigarette in one hand and Stolied Pibb in the other at an open air concert with a sign that says "Love Making Lessons. Fit Chicks Free. Fat Chicks $100. Dudes $1 Million. Cash up front. No Refunds"

Just keeping it real. Going on a classic walkabout.
I want to be a bum.

I know there is the urge for tge great American novel, to climb everest, to learn something new, or to create a work of art.

But no...I want to be a hippie ass bum bordering on folk hero status. Leaving kids in every state.

You know....I never seen anybody like that pissed off at the world.

As a wise man said, "if you wanna know how your life is going; look around. You're already there."

I want to be cop bait. To be the guy that Joe Friday would tell off for being a hippie and refusing to be uncool like everybody else. While guys are working jobs, trying to hold loveless, sexless marriages together, worrying about retirement and dying on the shitter.....

....I wanna wake up naked to a cigarette and step outside into my outdoor kitchen of a picnic tent and hotplate and cook beans and eggs wondering which crazy girl pissed at her dad or frustrated, clock ticking middle aged bird I'm gonna keep warm that night while blasting tupac. I will do nothing except some odd cash paying job to cover gas.

Once I finally find America....I'm gonna mend her broken heart and let her know people still love her.

Maybe THEN I might go back to a square's life.

Which is? I have been at "that" age pretty much my entire life. Ergo, quarter life, third life, mid life, and where ever the fu&$ I am now crisis. Yes, i have considered the road (and BTDT in my youth), but just sell it all and live in an ashram is what I have thought of to take life to simplicity to the extreme.

Firefly
10-26-17, 23:04
Which is? I have been at "that" age pretty much my entire life. Ergo, quarter life, third life, mid life, and where ever the fu&$ I am now crisis. Yes, i have considered the road (and BTDT in my youth), but just sell it all and live in an ashram is what I have thought of to take life to simplicity to the extreme.

That age where you realize nobody, and I mean NOBODY, cares about you but yet, you are still like not ready to just be a sheep.

Rock and Roll didnt get young, you just got older. And now people aren't peers as much as really young or really old.

Its not a quantifiable age chronologically. It's like....

You dont care anymore but you still have a few passions.

Ever see The Wild Bunch? Like that.

MegademiC
10-26-17, 23:17
Instagram #vanlife to get inspiration- it will push you over the edge. Never sounded fun, but my friends sister and her husband do weekend trips, and it looks like a really good time- out in nature, meeting a bunch of random people...

LMT Shooter
10-27-17, 00:03

Killing a pig with a knife is a quite an experience. I am not the most accomplished hunter in the world, nor even close, but that was the most thrilling hunt I EVER had. Do a night hunt if you can, the darkness adds a surreal quality to the experience, or at least it did for me.

Honu
10-27-17, 00:33

Maui :) hog hunting with knives is the most common way for locals :)
use dogs to

SteyrAUG
10-27-17, 01:32
Honestly I've had enough adventure.

My bucket list is to have a house with no mortgage, income that exceeds my expenses and a life where something doesn't go to hell every week or so requiring me to fix, replace or pay for it. Would really love to just wake up, do half a day of honest work and then spend time with my loved ones and friends.

For real excitement being able to run a suppressed .22 off the back deck on weekends for an hour or so would be as much as I need.

AKDoug
10-27-17, 01:52

My bucket list is to have a house with no mortgage, income that exceeds my expenses and a life where something doesn't go to hell every week or so requiring me to fix, replace or pay for it. Would really love to just wake up, do half a day of honest work and then spend time with my loved ones and friends.

For real excitement being able to run a suppressed .22 off the back deck on weekends for an hour or so would be as much as I need.

I'm right there with you. We're in the process of purchasing a 56 acre parcel that has 2/3's of a small lake that comes with it. The other 1/3 is locked up and will likely never be developed. We're going to build and rent some cabins (we're in a big tourist area) to pay it off quick. I'm going to take up fishing again and build a suppressor only gun range. Good thing I like my wife, I can't wait to grow old with her.

Moose-Knuckle
10-27-17, 04:02
Mine include summiting the seven summits and circumnavigating via both the geographical poles. But short of winning the jack-pot I'll probably settle for thru-hiking the AT and or the PCT.

Now if there was a viable option to go off-world . . .

hdrolling
10-27-17, 09:00
I've marked off most of my bucket list items which mostly were destinations.

Me and the wife did a three week 6800 mile Harley road trip camping most nights hitting all the Western US hot spots.

Been to Egypt and went inside the pyramids, Went to Panama and ate overlooking the canals. Did Italy, Austria and Germany. Been to Babylon while in Iraq.

I'd still like to go see Stonehenge, I saw the little one in TX and I don't think it had the same effect. I'd like to travel to Ireland as well, not sure where?

And my number one bucket list items is to own a 1970 Chevele SS, don't care if its a 396 or 454 or a clone for that matter if it has all the bells and whistles. I just don't have room to store it right now, and I need to get rid of a few other expensive hobbies first.

chuckman
10-27-17, 09:03
I have done a lot, seen a lot, been to a lot of places. At a mere few days away from 49, my bucket list priorities have changed: while I still would like to travel, some, I really want to live long enough to retire and see my kids be independent and have families of their own.

Oh, and go to Randall's jungle survival school ;)

Doc Safari
10-27-17, 10:08

I knew we thought a lot alike in some ways.

Stuff I've done:

1. Went on a real ghost investigation, a la the TV shows where they get EVP's, set out the flashlights for the spirits to turn on and off, etc. I wouldn't recommend it. Something followed me and my girlfriend home although I think it's gone now.

2. Joined a "militia" back before anybody knew what a "militia" was. We were running around in the desert before Bill Clinton even became president and militias were "cool" to a certain set of the firearm community all of a sudden. Just in case any of the alphabet-soup people are reading this, about the only thing we were a threat to was beer cans. We used to get a case of beer and a case of ammo and consume both on Saturday afternoon. Those were muh bubba days and I would never go back to that. But dang it was fun while it lasted.

Most of the things I done are pretty boring (YAWN):

3. Went to Vegas and played Blackjack
4. Went to Tombstone Arizona
5. Owned an AK47 (big thing when you've never even seen one in person)
6. Managed the family's ranch as my own little island where I can drink my beer in peace and quiet (lifelong bucket list item)
7. Ate sushi
8. Went whoring in Juarez (didn't get laid and would never do that again!)
9. Got laid many, many times
10. Found Jesus as my Lord and Savior (should actually be number one on the list)

Stuff I have yet to do but would like to:

1. Travel the entire length of what's left of Route 66
2. Visit Monument Valley
3. Visit the Grand Canyon
4. Own a Class III full auto weapon
5. Search for lost treasure
6. Go on an African safari
7. Be so stinking freaking wealthy that I remind myself of Dan Akroyd's character in Trading Places.
8. Win something huge that no one else I know is likely to ever win
9. Write a bestselling book and become the "go-to" author for some subject (probably being a lazy f**k in my case)
10. See a UFO
11. Go tornado chasin
12. See a full-body apparition and preferably photograph it
13. Develop a skill that precious few people on this Earth can master
14. Learn to paint landscapes like Bob Ross

Stuff you will never, ever, and I mean EVER, NEVER, ever catch me doing:

1. Going up in a hot air balloon
2. Flying in a helicopter (unless I'm unconscious)
3. Flying in a small private plane (see number 2)
4. Doing anything on an ocean or other deep body of water
5. Going deep into an unexplored cave
6. Skydiving
7. Hang gliding
8. Racing cars or motorcycles
9. Wrestling any kind of animal, (not even a puppy, OK?)
10. Running with the bulls
11. Running for public office (similar to number 10, I know)
12. Owning my own business (the ranch is enough to cure me forever)
13. Climbing a high mountain just to get to the top
14. Owning a motorcycle (I used to ride with my dad, and it was kind of 'meh'. Not worth me spending money on).
15. Exploring a remote jungle somewhere

That's all I can think of right now.

Crow Hunter
10-27-17, 12:43
Things on my list that I have done and recommend:

-Fly in a P-51 Mustang (if you ever get a change to ride with Maj Ray Fowler, DO IT, he is awesome.
-Fly in a Huey (want to do it again in the gunner position)

Things still on my list:
-Fly in a Cobra
-See a F4U Corsair fly (been in the cockpit, never seen one fly)
-See a P-38 Lightning fly
-See a FW 190 and ME-109 fly
-Fly a P51 myself (in a trainer)
-Take my wife to Yellowstone (she has never been)
-Several other trips in the US usually historical (Boston, Charleston, Gettysburg, etc)
-Shoot a belt fed
-See Notre Dame (Paris, not Indiana) and the Louvre
-Several other mostly travel things
-Shoot prairie dogs

AKDoug
10-27-17, 13:00
Stuff you will never, ever, and I mean EVER, NEVER, ever catch me doing:

1. Going up in a hot air balloon
2. Flying in a helicopter (unless I'm unconscious)
3. Flying in a small private plane (see number 2)
4. Doing anything on an ocean or other deep body of water
5. Going deep into an unexplored cave
6. Skydiving
7. Hang gliding
8. Racing cars or motorcycles
9. Wrestling any kind of animal, (not even a puppy, OK?)
10. Running with the bulls
11. Running for public office (similar to number 10, I know)
12. Owning my own business (the ranch is enough to cure me forever)
13. Climbing a high mountain just to get to the top
14. Owning a motorcycle (I used to ride with my dad, and it was kind of 'meh'. Not worth me spending money on).
15. Exploring a remote jungle somewhere

That's all I can think of right now.

That's too funny.. I've done a bunch of those and don't consider them extreme at all... Everyone has a different perspective I guess. Maybe my bucket list is non-existent because I've sub consciously been checking off the list all my life.

Det-Sog
10-27-17, 13:01

Yes, that. I'm 52... I will just add being able to retire at at 63-65, and being healthy enough for the wife and I to enjoy that retirement for a while before all of the inevitable health issues pop up.

In the words of Roy Batty, "I've seen things"... My life up to this point has been a big adventure. I moved out at 18 and just went with it, striving to make the most out of myself, AND have as much fun as possible while doing it. I've worked hard and played harder. I've got a lot of hard miles on me. Edited... I travel A LOT, and have learned by doing so just how important it is to spend as much time with your loved ones as possible.

Now, that house with a paid off mortgage... Is it asking too much to have a few extra acres so that I can have a Hickock45 type range in the back yard?

26 Inf
10-27-17, 14:32
That's too funny.. I've done a bunch of those and don't consider them extreme at all... Everyone has a different perspective I guess. Maybe my bucket list is non-existent because I've sub consciously been checking off the list all my life.

I haven't done 5, 10, or 15. Wouldn't care to do 5, it wouldn't be fun as I have a wee bit of claustrophobia. I'm counting parasailing in the Bahamas as hang gliding, so that one is weak.

Aside from seeing my kids, grand kids, and some great grand kids safe and happy, I'd really like to sail the Southern Pacific.

SteyrAUG
10-27-17, 14:33
If things go really, really well I'd like to do one of those "Band of Brothers" tours through Europe. Been there several times in my life but wouldn't mind seeing it one more time, especially from a historical location POV. My only concern is the recent arrivals.

And I'd love to see the Pyramids, Alexandria, the Colosseum, the Parthenon and all of the old world monuments that still stand, but again current climate might mean I never go to that part of the world. Saw the King Tut tour when it came through Ft. Lauderdale years ago and attended some lectures by Dr. Hawass and that was enough to completely blow me away as I'm a history nut. To see a dog collar from the time of the Egyptian empire really put life into a new perspective.

Doc Safari
10-27-17, 14:39
To see a dog collar from the time of the Egyptian empire really put life into a new perspective.

You'd probably like some of the Roman ruins, then, too. When I studied ancient history in college there were a lot of artifacts like this. There were frescos at Pompeii and/or Herculaneum where Romans were fond of painting "CAVE CANEM" on their house walls. "BEWARE OF DOG"

SteyrAUG
10-27-17, 14:45
You'd probably like some of the Roman ruins, then, too. When I studied ancient history in college there were a lot of artifacts like this. There were frescos at Pompeii and/or Herculaneum where Romans were fond of painting "CAVE CANEM" on their house walls. "BEWARE OF DOG"

Absolutely. I could geek out in Rome for a month.

Doc Safari
10-27-17, 14:53

What's interesting about Pompeii and Herculaneum is that they were resort towns. Explicit sex acts and other sexual-themed art were depicted on the walls of prostitutes' quarters (i.e. the hookers were advertising their "specialties") and other buildings. According to a wealthy business owner I new back in the '80's the people who take the tourists around don't necessarily show the tourists those parts of town. I suppose that could have changed by now since people aren't as priggish about admitting to such sleazy parts of their history these days. He never did tell me if they got to see some of the racy stuff or just heard about what they had missed later. The point is: if you go to Herculaneum or some of the other Roman sites with intact buildings you might want to enquire if they're going to show you 'EVERYTHING'.

BuzzinSATX
10-27-17, 15:18
Very cool thread. Some pretty neat ideas and I hope y'all get to live and enjoy as many of your bucket stuff as possible.

I've traveled the world a bit thanks to Uncle Sam and the USAF, and while I've never been any kind of HSLD operator, I have experiences some pretty cool stuff in the Middle East, Asia, Europe, and Alaska.

I've not really put a list together, but a few of the things I'd like to do before I kick it for good are...

1. Go on an extended RV trip that would start/pass through Great Falls, MT (old stomping grounds) and head up the ALCAN into Alaska. I've driven the ALCON both ways before, but I want to do it without a timetable, on my time, where I can stop and fish/golf/hike/sightsee whenever I want. I want to fish for grayling in the Interior, Reds and Kings on the Kenai, Halibut in Deep Creek, and Silvers in Valdez, before heading back south and taking the western route back down through Washington (never been that way).

2. Spend a week or so in Hawaii and golf the Kaneohe Klipper Golf Course every day and smoke a good cigar with a glass of Lead Slingers whiskey every night watching the sunset

3. Take a road trip and explore the north side of the Grand Canyon and the caverns and areas around the Four Corners region

4. Take another trip to Gunsite with my wife and daughter, specifically the week prior to the Gunsite Alumni Shoot weekend, and hang out for the party on Saturday.

5. Spend a couple weeks camping the State and National Forests in Montana and Wyoming during the month of June (before schools are out).

6. Go on a tour of the bourbon distilleries in Kentucky, and sample the wares or the smaller, less known companies.

7. Go looking for America on a 1000 mile drive without ever getting on an interstate highway.

Firefly
10-27-17, 15:24
I'd like to add that once I finish my walkabout....

I want a rumpus room. Not a "man cave" because no woman/sexbot is taking over my crib, but a good ol' fashioned rumpus room with a billiards table and like a MAME setup for retro games and a dartboard. And an old big couch.

And a sign that says trespassers will be offered a shot.

And a Jukebox but with cool music.

Like it will always be 1989 in my Rumpus Room

Honu
10-27-17, 16:04
my most memorable besides my kids of course :) and glad I did these pre kids cause I could do it with no worries

dive the USS Arizona memorial with Gene Hackman :) great guy to

live off the land for 6 months hunting fishing gathering ever day on a smal island

lived in the Caribbean for a year

worked in Chuuk or Truk Lagoon diving WWII shipwrecks every day

and all that was with in a two year period :) the rest of my life was pretty much like that non stop go until I hit about 45 then it slowed down with kids etc.. :)

only thing left is to see my kids grow up as great adults

maybe have a nice decked out sprinter 4x4 my wife and hammock and travel the US
some property with a small comfortable home as base
but travel and keep traveling mainland US and Australia and Japan

glocktogo
10-27-17, 16:52
Find peace and contentment.

Seriously, I used to at least think I knew where they might be found, but apparently I lost the map somewhere along the way.

Other than that, I'd like to get a Sprinter 4X4 like Honu and travel the country. Some of the time I'd like to have an Allison XB2002 hitched up behind it, because that would also fulfill my wish to drive a boat over 100 mph. :)

SteyrAUG
10-27-17, 17:01
What's interesting about Pompeii and Herculaneum is that they were resort towns. Explicit sex acts and other sexual-themed art were depicted on the walls of prostitutes' quarters (i.e. the hookers were advertising their "specialties") and other buildings. According to a wealthy business owner I new back in the '80's the people who take the tourists around don't necessarily show the tourists those parts of town. I suppose that could have changed by now since people aren't as priggish about admitting to such sleazy parts of their history these days. He never did tell me if they got to see some of the racy stuff or just heard about what they had missed later. The point is: if you go to Herculaneum or some of the other Roman sites with intact buildings you might want to enquire if they're going to show you 'EVERYTHING'.

Actually that wasn't just the red light districts. Many of the normal Roman homes had art work we would consider explicit. Their values were not our values. And for decades it was a hidden part of the archeology that could only be viewed by academics and such.

Of course once you've seen the Japanese dance a giant penis down the street during the “Festival of the Steel Phallus" the Romans don't seem that odd in comparison.

Firefly
10-27-17, 17:11
Being sexually uptight and repressed is a relatively modern concept.

I mean if it weren't for sex, none of us would be here.

Like showing people consensually doing it is pornography and obscene but watching folks get cut in half with an M-60 is like PG-13 now.

We humans are weird, weird creatures

CDR_Glock
10-27-17, 17:12
Visit Antarctica.

Visit the Great Wall of China.

Visit Greece.

Visit Italy/Vatican City.

Take a train through the Canadian Rockies.

Visit/Tour Mongolia.

Visit Japan.

Visit/Tour Australia and New Zealand.

Ride on the Palace on Wheels in Rajasthan, India.

See my kid perform on Broadway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Firefly
10-27-17, 17:17
Visit Antarctica?

Bruh, I wanna IMMIGRATE there.

I can deal with Cthulhu and the Thing. They dont mess with me and I dont mess with them

CDR_Glock
10-27-17, 17:20
Visit Antarctica?

Bruh, I wanna IMMIGRATE there.

I can deal with Cthulhu and the Thing. They dont mess with me and I dont mess with them

That would be cool, too.

Instagram: MuzzleblastMD

Honu
10-27-17, 17:38
Find peace and contentment.

Seriously, I used to at least think I knew where they might be found, but apparently I lost the map somewhere along the way.

Other than that, I'd like to get a Sprinter 4X4 like Honu and travel the country. Some of the time I'd like to have an Allison XB2002 hitched up behind it, because that would also fulfill my wish to drive a boat over 100 mph. :)

had to look that up :) thinking it was some kinda something was not sure what ;) hahahahah figured maybe some track vehicle like those Russian things

my buddy had a boat that would do over 100 :) quite fun and a lot of chine walking to get over around 70-80 :)
this was late 1980s ?
triad with bridgeport engine

about 107 tops 104 consistent so just over that 100

Bulletdog
10-27-17, 22:21

Holy cow man! You just described my life in a nutshell. Except my .22 is not suppressed, but it might as well be. Ever fired CB longs out of a Marlin 39A? Something about the rifling and barrel make it super quiet. The bullet hitting the wooden backstop makes more noise than the shot.

I guess I'm livin' the dream.

FlyingHunter
10-27-17, 22:28

Did a week with my wife there, it was amazing.

Diamondback
10-27-17, 22:42
Simple list:
Own a Thompson.
Learn to fly and get my pilot's license.
Maybe a little travel, if flying commercial ever becomes tolerable again.
Put a ring on the girlfriend's finger, settle down and wake up every morning curled up together.

Would-be-nice bonus point:
Find some girl up for being a surrogate to have a little fun with, knock up and have bear our children. :)

AKDoug
10-27-17, 22:47
My wife was reading over my shoulder and smacked me. She reminded me that I did have one bucket item. For the last decade we have talked about buying a boat and doing the "Great Loop". Start in the Great Lakes, head down the Mississippi, through the Tenn-Tom waterway to Alabama, around Florida, up the Intra-Coastal waterway to the Hudson and back up to the Great Lakes. Maybe I can tie that trip to the Seal Museum into this.

Firefly
10-27-17, 22:52
My wife was reading over my shoulder and smacked me. She reminded me that I did have one bucket item. For the last decade we have talked about buying a boat and doing the "Great Loop". Start in the Great Lakes, head down the Mississippi, through the Tenn-Tom waterway to Alabama, around Florida, up the Intra-Coastal waterway to the Hudson and back up to the Great Lakes. Maybe I can tie that trip to the Seal Museum into this.

Can you rent the boat?

Everybody I ever knew with a boat cursed the day they bought it.

Like look into that. That would be an adventure!

Kain
10-27-17, 23:00
We humans are weird, weird creatures

You just now figuring that one out? I think I came to that realization when I was in grade school, and it was reinforced with the girl I dated who.... I'm just shut gonna shut up actually since I have a good conception that bringing up BDSM will be yelled at.

As far as bucket list, I'm still idealistic enough to put down 'glorious death' in there somewhere. So I am probably too young to be taking part in this discussion.

Also, Fly, I am sorry, but somewhere early on I think I got an image of you like being a harder drinking and better armed Martin Riggs, stumbling out of his van, mostly empty bottle of vodka in one hand, smoke in the other, and pissing into the rising tide while the sun just broke the horizon.

Firefly
10-27-17, 23:05
....Kain ol buddy, you wouldnt be wrong to conjure such an image.

Long hair will be involved. And I wont slip into that weird sorta Aussie accent he had. Plus I'm not suicidal.
But otherwise yeah....thats the dream

Kain
10-27-17, 23:10
....Kain ol buddy, you wouldnt be wrong to conjure such an image.

Long hair will be involved. And I wont slip into that weird sorta Aussie accent he had. Plus I'm not suicidal.
But otherwise yeah....thats the dream

Nothing wrong with the Aussie accent. Trust me Georgia they can't tell the difference from Aussie, New York, or South Africa in some areas. I got all three when I was in that AO. And a few others. I weird I know.

And not knocking long hair. I would probably rock hair a lot longer than most if given my dithers, but a friend is a hair dresser so every few months I let her go do what she wants with it with getting boobs rubbed on my back. Sorry, I'm a guy.

Firefly
10-27-17, 23:30
Actually...I wanna see Australia.

And blast Men at Work as loud as I can while doing it.

AKDoug
10-28-17, 03:01
Can you rent the boat?

I've owned boats and never cursed them, but I sure have been around folks that had nothing but issues with their boats. I now have friends with boats, which is cheaper. We really have few problems with them... BUT we are also a group of friends that are mechanically inclined, do all our own maintenance on our vehicles, and thoroughly understand preventative maintenance.

The attraction to me is exploring a part of America that has less traffic than the highway system. Anchoring up when you feel like it and no campground headaches sounds good to me.

AKDoug
10-28-17, 03:03
Actually...I wanna see Australia.

And blast Men at Work as loud as I can while doing it.

Men at Work piqued my interest in trying a Vegemite sandwich.. I really wish I hadn't tried one..

glocktogo
10-28-17, 20:05
had to look that up :) thinking it was some kinda something was not sure what ;) hahahahah figured maybe some track vehicle like those Russian things

my buddy had a boat that would do over 100 :) quite fun and a lot of chine walking to get over around 70-80 :)
this was late 1980s ?
triad with bridgeport engine

about 107 tops 104 consistent so just over that 100

LOL, took me a LONG time to drive past the chine walk in my 02 Triton, which is notoriously challenging to drive flat out. It tops out about 75 fully loaded with gear and two people. The difference between low sixties and mid seventies in a boat is more than most expect when they go for a ride, so I crave that 100 mph experience. At least under optimal conditions because I keep it under 65 when they're not!

I've never heard of that one, so thanks fpr something to read up on!

Can you rent the boat?

Mine's strictly an inland boat, but it's been a joy. Very little actual maintenance over the 10 years we've owned it, mostly just upgrades. Always works with no issues. We'll exceed 50 days on the water this year. Besides the fishing, it's fun to watch the eagles, deer and other wildlife. It's possible to get pretty close to a lot of animals, because they have no natural waterborne predators to fear in my area.

rero360
10-28-17, 20:56
For me:
Shoot a mini gun and a Carl Gustov, I’ve touched off a M777, so I scratched that one off the list
Go on a number of hunts, elk, moose, grizzly, and eland.
Travel to New Zealand, Fiji, and Scotland
Have a home mortgage free
Earn my Distinguished Marksmanship Badge for both pistol and rifle

soulezoo
10-29-17, 00:06
I want to be able to make more money than my wife can spend. My wife is looking to find that man.

soulezoo
10-29-17, 00:08
Men at Work piqued my interest in trying a Vegemite sandwich.. I really wish I hadn't tried one..
I brought it home for my kids on one of my trips down under. They still haven't forgiven me. They prolly prefer Marmite

Talon167
10-29-17, 07:48
Fly an F-16. Anyone here have a hook up?

:-/

Rayrevolver
10-30-17, 01:33
T-38 count?

I just spent the day at the Grand Canyon. Hiked about 1.1 miles down and 90 equivalent floors of elevation. I'm tired! Over 20k steps.

Being able to shoot at home was always a dream and I am glad I can do it. Still a long ways from setting up a great range but being able to shoot after the kids are sleeping is great!

Want to see more of the US like Mt Rushmore. And then want to spend more time in Europe. Want to drive a Porsche at the Nurburgring.

Ride a motorcycle at Suzuka.

Sure there is moreover but catching a red eye home. Shoot an MG42.

26 Inf
10-30-17, 01:36
The attraction to me is exploring a part of America that has less traffic than the highway system. Anchoring up when you feel like it and no campground headaches sounds good to me.

My wife is upset at you. I've become a Capt. John Great Loop groupie.

Firefly
10-30-17, 02:18
I got to drive a Porsche 928 and it was a tight fit but not too bad....and I'd almost buy one someday but naaaaaaw. Chicks dug it.

American cars are cheaper, larger, and easier to mess with. Still...It was fun. I'm not a car guy really.

I want a Walt Kowalski truck. Some old F series with a smoker window and a 1911 in the glove box and a shotgun behind the seat.

Really.....I want to get my Ph. D. I dont care in what. Even if I dont use it. I just want one. I wouldn't even ask to be called doctor.

And also take piano lessons.

elephant
10-30-17, 03:32
I would like to write short stories in the near future, suspense crime thrillers that involve elements like anti drug trafficking- money laundry, anti terrorism task forces, bad guys turning into good guys.

I would like to learn how to fly fish

I would love to buy this boat:
65' twin inboard/outboard, 800 sq. ft of living space and its only $70k US, and I would like to set out of Key Biscayne and go to St Bart's, St Thomas, St John, Exuma, Abaco, Turks and Caicos, St Martin, St Kitts, and return home after a year of traveling.

Diamondback
10-30-17, 07:46
Add to prior:

Once I finish the degrees and creds, teach History at West Point or one of the other service academies, even if only for one semester.

Elephant, kinda like your boat idea... here in the Northwet there's a lot of argument that a boat is the ideal Bug Out Location, but the problem is most anything big enough for live-aboard is too big to be trailered without a semi and Oversize Load escorts, and anything that can haul a car aboard for shore use when tied up is impractically huge and expensive. :( Not to mention that books, papers etc. are heavy, and I'm not leaving my library behind...

AKDoug
10-30-17, 10:34
My wife is upset at you. I've become a Capt. John Great Loop groupie.

LMAO... I spent an entire winter a few years back researching the whole thing. I now know all the rules for passing commercial traffic and how to go through locks..

sundance435
10-30-17, 11:25
Awesome thread. I've been fortunate to do a few like Stonehenge (actually up close to the stones) and Machu Picchu. As I've gotten older, my desire is to "experience" places, rather than just visit. Here goes my cathartic list of potentially doable items:

- Fly in a real Huey and a Spitfire
- Go on a real cattle drive
- Learn how to be a competent mechanic and gunsmith
- Own a real Thompson
- Own a place on 10-20 acres in a NFA-friendly Appalachian state (East KY/TN, West NC, North GA) - build my own range
- Spend 3 months driving around Australia with a cheap car (look it up, pretty common to buy/sell a car there for an extended trip)
- Spend a week a year on a remote island in a nice overwater bungalow with my only human interaction being if I happen to see the beautiful lady that delivers all of my meals
- Learn to play guitar
- Trans-Siberian railroad after weeks of exploring Mongolia by horse and 4x4
- Visit as much of Southern/Central Africa as possible and get as close as I can to the wildlife
- Visit the pyramids and actually touch them and go inside, along with a Nile cruise
- Learn Italian

Biggest thing would be to retire as early as possible, comfortably, while I'm healthy enough to enjoy it. I'm probably still too young to understand why people continue working (I don't mean a part-time, don't give a F job, a la "American Beauty" - that would be fun) when they don't have to, but I don't plan on working a day past that point.