PDA

View Full Version : 2017 World Series

Eurodriver
10-29-17, 23:14
What a series.

Homeruns galore. Back and forth leads. Back and forth leads in the series. George HW Bush rolling out on his wheelchair for a first pitch, and then casually tosses the ball to his son George W Bush to do it instead.

The score in Game 5 is 11-8 right now, Houston is up, after being down all game.

I saw all the celebrities in the stands during Game 1 in Los Angeles and immediately became a huge Houston fan. Plus, after everything they've been through they need this.

Vandal
10-29-17, 23:58
I'm not a big baseball fan, really just watch the post-season. This has been a great series and I want the Astros to win it, the city needs this. God knows the Texans aren't helping them any.

26 Inf
10-30-17, 01:40
I'm not a big baseball fan, really just watch the post-season. This has been a great series and I want the Astros to win it, the city needs this. God knows the Texans aren't helping them any.

They did. Set several series records in the process. Not a previous Houston fan, I am on board their bus for the series.

uffdaphil
10-30-17, 07:38
I haven’t enjoyed a WS this much since 1991. Altuve just cracks me up always looking ready to explode at the plate.

Sam
10-30-17, 10:34
I haven't followed baseball since the mid 90s !! My surprise was when I heard that the Houston Astro is the American League champion. LOL

AKDoug
10-30-17, 11:09
I haven't watched a complete baseball game in decades...I switched this one on after hammering out 10 hrs. working in my shop. A couple cold beers later I couldn't turn it off. Frankly if every game of the season was like this I might become a fan.

Whiskey_Bravo
10-30-17, 12:31
Last nights game was fantastic. The entire series so far has been great. Stayed up way to late to finish that one out last night.

Spiffums
10-30-17, 13:11
What a series.

Homeruns galore. Back and forth leads. Back and forth leads in the series. George HW Bush rolling out on his wheelchair for a first pitch, and then casually tosses the ball to his son George W Bush to do it instead.

The score in Game 5 is 11-8 right now, Houston is up, after being down all game.

I saw all the celebrities in the stands during Game 1 in Los Angeles and immediately became a huge Houston fan. Plus, after everything they've been through they need this.

Didn't W own the Dodgers at one time?

ClearedHot
10-30-17, 15:44
Meh Dodgers

SeriousStudent
10-30-17, 20:47
Didn't W own the Dodgers at one time?

Negative, the Texas Rangers.

I'm a huge Yu Darvish fan. I'd love to see Darvish get a World Series ring, but the Astro's have played incredibly well all season. Those lads have a great ball club and really pounce on any opportunity they get.

thopkins22
10-31-17, 08:40
I worked about 80 Astros games this year and Minute Maid was the most deafening place in the world Sunday night.

Verlander pitched well with the slippery balls, tonight is must win for the Astros...unless it’s truly blown wide open by the Dodgers early, I would expect starters as relievers tonight. We don’t fare that well against Hill, but historically they don’t fare well against Verlander either.

Almost all of the momentum is with the Astros at the moment. I’d get ready for yet another of the most exciting games you’ve ever watched.

Especially now that Altuve is out of his mini-slump? Watch out LA....