PDA

View Full Version : Customer Service Wait Time

Hulkstr8
10-30-17, 17:07
Hey guys,

So I've been having an ongoing issue with a company and have been in contact through email and multiple phone calls since July. The last contact I made with them is in late September and it's been over a month now. How much slack do you cut a company?

Additional info:

The issue is that I purchased two handguards from a reputable manufacturer on 05/03/2017. Going into cerakote in late June, my cerakote guy discovered a defect in both handguards. The barrel nut ends of the handguards, approximately 2" in length, were flaking the anodizing which appeared to have to layers of anodizing. There was also some minor pitting. My applicator theorized that cutting fluid had soaked in somehow -but I don't know the technical aspects.

I proceeded to contact the manufacturer in early July and other the course of the following months, until now - November, 2017 -the issue is still unresolved. I have continually been assured the issue was being forwarded up the chain and would either be handled ASAP or "as time permits." The last correspondence I had with the manufacture was September 25th. Still no further contact from the manufacturer.

CONCLUSION: I want to clarify that I am not satisfied with Larue's CS by any means. It took over four months to have some conclusion to the issue and the proposed solution would have resulted in my losing a few hundred dollars. Thanks again to all the m4carbine tribe.

ACE31
10-30-17, 17:14
Not that much time, I just had a company try to gyp me over a 30 day order, no contact, no ship of ordered merchandise. I threatened a PP dispute to which they finally shipped.

Needless to say, I will NEVER buy from them direct or their product from distributors.

militarymoron
10-30-17, 17:52
What's the issue? Did you purchase something, send something in etc?

quackhead
10-30-17, 18:09
The type of issue really dictates time to rectify

contax_shooter
10-30-17, 18:22
This sort of issue is unfortunately common in the customization realm. I’ve seen 14+ week wait times and they still continue to accept orders. Or how about some kydex makers... they really need to stop accepting new orders to fulfill the huge backlog.

Hulkstr8
10-30-17, 21:09
What's the issue? Did you purchase something, send something in etc?

Purchased something. pic-style handguards. I sent them off to cerakote and the applicator stopped and called me -dropped by his house and it looks like the barrel nut end had been improperly anodized. There were two layers of anodizing and they were peeling off to bare metal. The metal was little pitted to boot. Cerakoter theorized that cutting oil had soaked into the anodizing before it hardened, but idk.

Also, had a small issue with one of their receiver extensions (chipped ends on two threads). Usable, but not quality.

ACE31
10-31-17, 03:35
Purchased something. pic-style handguards. I sent them off to cerakote and the applicator stopped and called me -dropped by his house and it looks like the barrel nut end had been improperly anodized. There were two layers of anodizing and they were peeling off to bare metal. The metal was little pitted to boot. Cerakoter theorized that cutting oil had soaked into the anodizing before it hardened, but idk.

Also, had a small issue with one of their receiver extensions (chipped ends on two threads). Usable, but not quality.

So what did the handguard supplier/manufacturer customer service tell you since july in your back and forth calls/emails?

Hulkstr8
10-31-17, 09:28
Every time I called/emailed them, they said they were running it up the chain, talking it over, etc. They always said they would get back to me, sometimes ASAP other times, "as time permits." I've been pretty laid back, but I think that they should be able to find some time in a month or at least 4.

ACE31
11-01-17, 16:06
That sounds like a piss poor vendor/manufacturer, I would strike them from my list of ever buying again from. Thats a shame companies are like this but I am empathetic to ya.

caporider
11-01-17, 16:22
LOL

I'm on week 27 awaiting a warranty optics repair through Zeiss...

Hulkstr8
11-02-17, 15:41
That sounds like a piss poor vendor/manufacturer, I would strike them from my list of ever buying again from. Thats a shame companies are like this but I am empathetic to ya.

yeah the company isn't on the short list anymore. lol. thanks.

Hulkstr8
11-02-17, 15:42
LOL

I'm on week 27 awaiting a warranty optics repair through Zeiss...

Yeah I'm only at 15 weeks, but you at least have had positive contact with Zeiss I hope?

Stickman
11-02-17, 16:52
Hey guys,

So I've been having an ongoing issue with a company and have been in contact through email and multiple phone calls since July. The last contact I made with them is in late September and it's been over a month now. How much slack do you cut a company?

If you wrote out in a clear, concise manner exactly what was going on, people might be able to give some help. Digging through a thread finding bits and pieces is useless and does a disservice to the manufacture, the poster, and everyone reading it.

Update your first post and give complete info please.

Hulkstr8
11-02-17, 21:16
If you wrote out in a clear, concise manner exactly what was going on, people might be able to give some help. Digging through a thread finding bits and pieces is useless and does a disservice to the manufacture, the poster, and everyone reading it.

Update your first post and give complete info please.

Good enough? I wasn't sure if it was appropriate to name the manufacturer, so I have withheld.

Ericz4253
11-02-17, 21:25
I would name the manufacturer in the post. Your not bashing them, your just explaining your situation in search of some advice. I usually make decisions on who I buy from and what I buy based on honest reviews and experiences.

Stickman
11-02-17, 22:54
Hey guys,

Additional info:

The issue is that I purchased two handguards from a reputable manufacturer on 05/03/2017. Going into cerakote in late June, my cerakote guy discovered a defect in both handguards. The barrel nut ends of the handguards, approximately 2" in length, were flaking the anodizing which appeared to have to layers of anodizing. There was also some minor pitting. My applicator theorized that cutting fluid had soaked in somehow -but I don't know the technical aspects.

I proceeded to contact the manufacturer in early July and other the course of the following months, until now - November, 2017 -the issue is still unresolved. I have continually been assured the issue was being forwarded up the chain and would either be handled ASAP or "as time permits." The last correspondence I had with the manufacture was September 25th. Still no further contact from the manufacturer.

Take pictures of the rails and post them please.

Stickman
11-02-17, 22:57
Good enough? I wasn't sure if it was appropriate to name the manufacturer, so I have withheld.

Your update makes much, much more sense to me than the first post. Board rules are that you contact the manufacturer and let them have a chance to make things right. It appears you have done this, and still have no actual physical "fix" for your rails. If that sounds correct and I didn't miss something, you are clear to post their name.

Hulkstr8
11-08-17, 11:01
Here is a pic of one of the handguards (both were the same kind, bought at the same time). I'm sorry there isn't a lot of detail, but I don't have a macro lens for my camera and the issue is a small detail.

However, you can clearly see a "broken" ridge/line that demonstrates what I'm talking about. One side of the line has the anodizing, the other side just peeled off.

The manufacturer is LaRue.

Sidenote: The second pic I have is of the handguard nut....after it was sprayed, someone put it on so tight I can't loosen it by hand. idk what to do to get it to break free, any tips?

556BlackRifle
11-08-17, 11:48
WOW! That's unacceptable and I'd be irate. This has dragged on far too long. They need to step up and do the right thing by their customer and take care of this problem right now or fully refund your purchase including shipping.

26 Inf
11-08-17, 13:02
I just got off the phone with LaRue checking on my lower orders.

While I was on the phone I ran your situation by Brandon, reading him your posts. Brandon asked if I knew who you had talked to, because this wasn't something that would need to be run up the chain. I said I didn't have the slightest. Brandon asked if I would pass on to you to call them. I asked if it was OK to tell you to ask for him, he said yes.

512-259-1585 press 1 ask for Brandon.

I think this is also a good time to remind ourselves that when we get something we need to open the box and inspect it to ensure it meets our expectations.

Using this case as an example, LaRue has a no questions asked 15 day return policy on other mfgrs items sold by them, and a 30 day no questions asked return on LaRue items. From Larue:

NOTE ON OUR LIFETIME WARRANTY FROM THE OWNER.

All LaRue Tactical components are to be installed by a qualified gunsmith, or United States military small arms technician.

"Hey! A truck ran over my Aimpoint in your mount!" - In a case such as this, your LaRue Tactical mount will be replaced at no-charge, but you will need to contact your insurance agent in regards to the Aimpoint. ;^)

As for LaRue-Made items, we'll give you a full 30 days to figure out if it suits you. We're now having to say this because we got some stuff returned for a refund that we were quite sure was obtained off of eBay. :-( Give some of these rascals an inch and ... :^)

You got the item May 3, sent out for coating in late June, which seems to indicate that you would have had ample time to inspect the item.

My read is that LaRue figures by this point you should have figured out if it met your needs and is only going to guarantee to replace it if it fails.

In this case, Brandon made it sound as if they will work with you.

Good Luck.

Hulkstr8
11-08-17, 19:05
I just got off the phone with LaRue checking on my lower orders.

While I was on the phone I ran your situation by Brandon, reading him your posts. Brandon asked if I knew who you had talked to, because this wasn't something that would need to be run up the chain. I said I didn't have the slightest. Brandon asked if I would pass on to you to call them. I asked if it was OK to tell you to ask for him, he said yes.

512-259-1585 press 1 ask for Brandon.

I think this is also a good time to remind ourselves that when we get something we need to open the box and inspect it to ensure it meets our expectations.

Using this case as an example, LaRue has a no questions asked 15 day return policy on other mfgrs items sold by them, and a 30 day no questions asked return on LaRue items. From Larue:

NOTE ON OUR LIFETIME WARRANTY FROM THE OWNER.

All LaRue Tactical components are to be installed by a qualified gunsmith, or United States military small arms technician.

"Hey! A truck ran over my Aimpoint in your mount!" - In a case such as this, your LaRue Tactical mount will be replaced at no-charge, but you will need to contact your insurance agent in regards to the Aimpoint. ;^)

As for LaRue-Made items, we'll give you a full 30 days to figure out if it suits you. We're now having to say this because we got some stuff returned for a refund that we were quite sure was obtained off of eBay. :-( Give some of these rascals an inch and ... :^)

You got the item May 3, sent out for coating in late June, which seems to indicate that you would have had ample time to inspect the item.

My read is that LaRue figures by this point you should have figured out if it met your needs and is only going to guarantee to replace it if it fails.

In this case, Brandon made it sound as if they will work with you.

Good Luck.

Thanks for the post. I will call as soon as I can. I still have the emails of those I have corresponded with -not so much those on the phone.

Regarding their warranty, I only discovered the issue because of gunsmiths/cerakote guys. I contacted them as soon as I knew. However, I think your advice regarding our inspection is well stated and received.

Thanks again for your inquiry and post.

26 Inf
11-08-17, 21:21
Thanks for the post. I will call as soon as I can. I still have the emails of those I have corresponded with -not so much those on the phone.

Regarding their warranty, I only discovered the issue because of gunsmiths/cerakote guys. I contacted them as soon as I knew. However, I think your advice regarding our inspection is well stated and received.

Thanks again for your inquiry and post.

Good luck, I hope that I was correct in assessing that he was concerned and wanted to make it right.

I'm still a couple weeks out on my order. I think they may have been surprised at the demand their kits generated.

Hulkstr8
11-10-17, 11:12
Hey guys,

Called Larue today, spoke with Brandon. They offered to send me two new handguards, given I ship the old ones back. However, getting the new handguards sprayed is on me. I don't have the money right now so I kept the painted handguards.

Larue said it was a cerakote applicator problem -my problem. Brandon was very pleasant.

Thanks for everybody's help and advice. The issue is resolved -errr, closed.

Edit: I want to clarify that I am not satisfied with Larue's CS by any means. It took over four months to have some conclusion to the issue and the proposed solution would have resulted in my losing a few hundred dollars. Thanks again to all the m4carbine tribe.

26 Inf
11-10-17, 14:07
Glad to hear it.