PDA

View Full Version : BCM Rail Swap Question

famous187
11-01-17, 09:24
I have a 14.5” BCM upper with a BCM KMR Rail. The barrel has a pinned muzzle device. Would I be able to remove the KMR Rail and install one of the new MLOK BCM Rails without removing anything else? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tehpwnag3
11-01-17, 09:37
Lo-pro gas block? If yes, you should be able to swap the tube.

famous187
11-01-17, 09:38
Yes. Low pro gas block

Jmedic_
11-01-17, 15:45
Yes. Low pro gas block

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong l, but I believe you would have to loosen the screws on the gas block, slide it forward, loosen the barrel nut, then separate the upper and lower. Unless the gas block is wide enough to slide over the muzzle device.

famous187
11-01-17, 15:53
Will the three BCM rails (keymod,mlok,quad) not interchange with the same barrel but?

grizzman
11-01-17, 16:11
As far as I know, the M-LOK and KeyMod rails use the same barrel nut. You should be able to remove he two locking screws, slide off the old rail, slide on the new rail, and then reinstall the screws.

tehpwnag3
11-01-17, 16:37
Sorry, no. Since both styles use the same barrel nut and fixing hardware, I asked if it was low profile because if it was a standard FSB, you would have to remove the muzzle device in order for the tube to be swapped. The barrel nut, gas tube and block remain in place. Technically, you don't even have to separate the upper and lower, and if you use a mag well vice block, it might even be easier to keep them together.

There are videos and instructions online if you would like to know more about how the rail system interacts with the weapon.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong l, but I believe you would have to loosen the screws on the gas block, slide it forward, loosen the barrel nut, then separate the upper and lower. Unless the gas block is wide enough to slide over the muzzle device.

Iraqgunz
11-03-17, 04:53
First off, if you don't know what you are talking about, please stick to spectating.

The hardware is exactly the same. In order to swap rails, you would need to remove the hardware securing the rail, remove the rail, slide the new rail in place and then re-install with the new hardware. It's about a 5 minute operation.