PDA

View Full Version : I Tried the "Search" written 5 to 7 ways NO Luck, I'd like to know who sells most Ve

RVTMaverick
11-01-17, 10:42
Hey guys, Looking for information:

Do you all know, Who sells the biggest angle change or the most Vertical Grip, for our M4/ARs?

Peace Jeff

friendlyfireisnt
11-01-17, 10:48
Hey guys, Looking for information:

Do you all know, Who sells the biggest changed or the most Vertical Grip, for our M4/ARs?

Peace Jeff

I don't quite understand what you are asking.

RVTMaverick
11-01-17, 10:52
I don't quite understand what you are asking.

About changing the Pistol grip angle...

tehpwnag3
11-01-17, 10:58
I prefer the BCM Gunfighter grip.

tehpwnag3
11-01-17, 11:00
I prefer the BCM Gunfighter grip.

ETA: Not sure if this brand is the most perpendicular to the bore, but I like it a lot.

gunnerblue
11-01-17, 11:57
I believe that the Umbrella Corp grip is the most vertical based on what I’ve seen. I have used the Stark grip and it is very straight up-and-down as well. I, too, use the BCM Gunfighter Mod 3 due to personal preference.

SavageBrew84
11-01-17, 12:03
Umbrella Corp, B5, Magpul K and BCM (I like the Mod 3) all seem to be the most popular. Also, Battle Arms has an adjustable grip that you might look into as well.

26 Inf
11-01-17, 12:04
Let me explain - I broke my wrist and as a result am bone on bone with too much flexion. As a result I've tried several reduced angle grips, these are my intuitive feelings, in order:

Umbrella Corp/B5 Systems Type 23 grip - this is what I ended with, they are on all of my personal rifles, I find them most comfortable in terms of reduced wrist flexion.

BCM Gunfighter - felt like slightly more angle than the Type 23, what I would use if the 23 wasn't available.

Magpul K2 - I thought nearly the same as the BCM, for some reason I liked the BCM better.

Stark AR Grip - just didn't like it. Of all the grips it made me feel like my hand was too low in relation to the trigger, yet when I looked at the grip it looked as if my hand would be perfectly placed for a nice, straight to the rear, press. Didn't feel that way.

I haven't tried this grip, it easily adjusts, with the included hex key, to e ach of the three most popular industry proven angles (17, 25, & 33 degrees) :

http://www.battlearmsdevelopment.com/bad-atg-adjustable-tactical-grip-black

All in all, I would go with the Type 23 from either B5 or Umbrella. That being said, feel is pretty subjective, beyond a feeling of a slightly less angled grip, it would be hard for me to explain why I prefer the Type 23, it just feels better. Obviously, that won't transfer across the board to all people.

RVTMaverick
11-01-17, 12:34
Thanks guys, now I feel alittle better about what to try, thanks again for all your replies.

26 Inf
While I have never broken my wrist, when I am shouldering my firearm, the standard grip (what is it called A2 I think) it's just gotten too painful to shoot like this anymore.

I am Definitely ordering this one! The Battle Arms Development BAD-ATG, can't wait to try it.

Peace Jeff

LowSpeed_HighDrag
11-01-17, 12:35
Just a word to the wise....

The BCM Gunfighter Grip is great and all, and I have a few. However, after putting many rounds through an AR with a Gunfighter grip, I found it began to hurt my middle finger as the weight of the gun rests solely on one spot of your finger. I was not alone in this, and found many other users online complaining of the same thing. I now only use it on one AR that is rarely shot. Just FYI.

Diamondback
11-01-17, 12:38
IIRC Indian Creek makes an adapter that puts the AR grip angle same as the 1911, though you have to provide your own set of 1911 grips to screw onto it.

GH41
11-01-17, 13:09
Umbrella and B5 are the steepest I have found. They appear to come from the same mold.

RVTMaverick
11-01-17, 13:10

The BCM Gunfighter Grip is great and all, and I have a few. However, after putting many rounds through an AR with a Gunfighter grip, I found it began to hurt my middle finger as the weight of the gun rests solely on one spot of your finger. I was not alone in this, and found many other users online complaining of the same thing. I now only use it on one AR that is rarely shot. Just FYI.

Hey LS HD

Thanks for the heads up ;)

I've got my mind made up to try the BAD adj. grip now.

RVTMaverick
11-01-17, 13:13
IIRC Indian Creek makes an adapter that puts the AR grip angle same as the 1911, though you have to provide your own set of 1911 grips to screw onto it.

Hey Diamondback,
That's friggin' COOL! Throw a set of Crimsom grips on there and you've Laser Aim too!;) LMAO:D

RVTMaverick
11-01-17, 13:14
Umbrella and B5 are the steepest I have found. They appear to come from the same mold.

I'll have to check out the difference in angles then too... Thanks GH41

Warg
11-01-17, 13:14
TangoDown FlipGrip can rotate to vertical, but I have no idea how robust or comfortable it is.

titsonritz
11-01-17, 13:33
TangoDown FlipGrip can rotate to vertical, but I have no idea how robust or comfortable it is.

I want to check out their BG-18.

Up to this point I have been pleased the BCM GF Mod 3 and the B5/UCWRG Grip 23

11-01-17, 19:38

About 15 minutes with a couple of files and you make a BCM a nice grip. Fit it to receiver and trigger guard to get rid of the hard corners that hurt.

11-01-17, 20:11
Recent wrist fracture here. I’m liking the DD grip, but I haven’t tried any others with non-A2 angles.

Eta:
My previous grips include MIAD, Hogue, A2, HK. I’ve also used Tango Down, and a few others that I can’t remember, on borrowed rifles.

I’ve had the DD grips on my goto rifle and a range toy for around 3 months. I like the texture on the rubberized part, the slight hump, and the angle. It’s a very ergo grip for me. I also like the built in trigger guard. I don’t prefer grips with beavertails that extend trigger reach and the DD lacks that feature.

Downsides:
the screw at the front of the trigger guard stripped during install. Still got where it needed to go, just stripped at the bottom. Perhaps I need higher quality hex keys or something.

I usually prefer aggressively textured plastic over rubber overmold, because it can’t peel off.

I don’t know of any grips more vertical than the DD. It’s the least painful I could find for my wrist.

freefly
11-02-17, 01:18
The rubberized Magpul K2 (K2+) is great, IMO. Run them on everything.

tehpwnag3
11-02-17, 08:31
It's not that. In my experience the steeper angle seems to shift the weigh of the weapon more onto the knuckle area of the middle finger, and during extended reloading drills, you can feel a discomfort in that area. If I totally misunderstood what you are talking about, please share pics and commentary of how you modified your BCM grip to relieve this uncomfortable pressure.

About 15 minutes with a couple of files and you make a BCM a nice grip. Fit it to receiver and trigger guard to get rid of the hard corners that hurt.

Caduceus
11-02-17, 09:07
Troy Battle Axe? It's supposed to be pretty steep as well.

Another possibility is a custom piece. Shouldn't be too hard to make some wood furniture.

RVTMaverick
11-29-17, 09:52
Let me explain - I broke my wrist and as a result am bone on bone with too much flexion. As a result I've tried several reduced angle grips, these are my intuitive feelings, in order:

Umbrella Corp/B5 Systems Type 23 grip - this is what I ended with, they are on all of my personal rifles, I find them most comfortable in terms of reduced wrist flexion.

BCM Gunfighter - felt like slightly more angle than the Type 23, what I would use if the 23 wasn't available.

Magpul K2 - I thought nearly the same as the BCM, for some reason I liked the BCM better.

Stark AR Grip - just didn't like it. Of all the grips it made me feel like my hand was too low in relation to the trigger, yet when I looked at the grip it looked as if my hand would be perfectly placed for a nice, straight to the rear, press. Didn't feel that way.

I haven't tried this grip, it easily adjusts, with the included hex key, to e ach of the three most popular industry proven angles (17, 25, & 33 degrees) :

http://www.battlearmsdevelopment.com/bad-atg-adjustable-tactical-grip-black

All in all, I would go with the Type 23 from either B5 or Umbrella. That being said, feel is pretty subjective, beyond a feeling of a slightly less angled grip, it would be hard for me to explain why I prefer the Type 23, it just feels better. Obviously, that won't transfer across the board to all people.

Hey 26 Inf,
I just wanted to thank you again for this info., :cool:FYI: & FWIW: I just received it around the 11/24 or 25...
So, I had it Installed in about 1 minute LOL I have to say, I wish I had known about these years ago! Although, I'm guessing, maybe they haven't been around that long anyhow? But, it Sure does Feels great to shoulder this now!
I'll never go back. :lol:

Thanks for ALL the replies guys.
Peace Jeff