PDA

View Full Version : Spider Man Review

WillBrink
11-01-17, 12:01
Sort of 16 Candles wanna be meets Spider Man. Lots of teenage angst with predictable scenes of what a teenager may do with super powers. Seems targeted at a much younger demographic than yours truly, but overall fun to watch, although it really adds nadda to the story of Spider Man prior movies did not. Not a memorable super hero movie at all, but good CGI and introduced a new generation to Spider Man. B-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9DwoQ7HWvI

sundance435
11-01-17, 12:48
Haven't seen it and don't plan to until it's on HBO or Netflix. I don't care for what Sony or Fox have done with Spider Man and X-Men - not to say Marvel Studios is perfect, but, on balance, they've done a heck of a lot better across multiple franchises. I've heard this one is a hybrid Sony/Marvel effort, but like you said, it seemed to me like it was geared for a younger audience. I liked this Spider Man as a supporting character in Civil War, but I'd have a hard time watching a feature with him.

WillBrink
11-01-17, 17:09
Haven't seen it and don't plan to until it's on HBO or Netflix. I don't care for what Sony or Fox have done with Spider Man and X-Men - not to say Marvel Studios is perfect, but, on balance, they've done a heck of a lot better across multiple franchises. I've heard this one is a hybrid Sony/Marvel effort, but like you said, it seemed to me like it was geared for a younger audience. I liked this Spider Man as a supporting character in Civil War, but I'd have a hard time watching a feature with him.

It's worthy as a rental and fun, but not memorable or adds anything to the genre per se.

Watrdawg
11-02-17, 06:59
Saw it a couple of weeks ago. My 1st thoughts after it was over is that this was a Spider Man wannabe movie. It wasn't bad at all but not my cup of tea, well since this is Wills thread, cup of bomb proof coffee.

FromMyColdDeadHand
11-02-17, 08:02
I applaud them for trying to make a movie that isn’t beholden to the ‘universe’. Sure Tony Stark is in there and they tie it in, but some of the movies seem more like nexus platforms for spin offs than real stories. An OK story with out global levels of implications. Just an OK movie.

Dienekes
11-02-17, 09:37
As a kid in a little prairie town, 20 miles from the nearest movie theatre, and b&w tv only a rumor, I was truly blessed. Electricity, radio, and Classics Illustrated comics--the good life.