PDA

View Full Version : Help me decide on barrel.

je1x
11-02-17, 14:24
Im currently looking at a Rosco Manufacturing 11.5" Barrel in 5.56
or a Ballistic Advantage Hanson Series 11.3" 5.56.
The BA costs a bit more but does include a pinned gas block w/ the purchase.
I have a BA Hanson in 300 Blk 10.3" and I like it so far but havent shot no where near enough to give it any type of review.
I've been hearing alot lately about this Rosco company and on their site the 11.5" goes for $135.

Does anyone have any experience w/ Rosco barrels?
ANy feed back would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Stickman
11-02-17, 14:27
Im currently looking at a Rosco Manufacturing 11.5" Barrel in 5.56
or a Ballistic Advantage Hanson Series 11.3" 5.56.
The BA costs a bit more but does include a pinned gas block w/ the purchase.
I have a BA Hanson in 300 Blk 10.3" and I like it so far but havent shot no where near enough to give it any type of review.
I've been hearing alot lately about this Rosco company and on their site the 11.5" goes for $135.

Does anyone have any experience w/ Rosco barrels?
ANy feed back would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Coming with a pinned gasblock is worth an extra $50 or so. What do you expect the Rosco to do better?

26 Inf
11-02-17, 15:19
I used a 16" stainless BA Hanson in .223Wylde for a recent build I did for my wife ;). It shot good out the gate and improved at little in the first couple hundred rounds. Solid sub MOA off the bipods using Hornady 68gr Match. With someone else steering it would probably be a solid .6-.7 MOA.

I've heard enough about BA to believe that quality transfers across the board in their Hanson series.

Hulkstr8
11-02-17, 15:36
I had thought about Rosco Barrels too, based on Garand Thumb's recommendation and also Rosco's dude in charge of marketing is awesome.

However, I also have a BA Hanson barrel and with a pinned lo-pro included it's a no brainer for me.

user
11-03-17, 00:41
Never heard of Rosco’s barrels. But, just watched their video. They indicate they have police and military using their barrels. Wonder who...