PDA

View Full Version : Punisher on Netflix Trailer

FromMyColdDeadHand
11-03-17, 16:11
https://youtu.be/lIY6zFL95hE

There is no way that the show can be as awesome as the trialer, but it has me pumped to see how good it can be. A great trailer with the cut shots and music.

Fun to watch some of the reaction videos to it. It made Kevin Smith from ‘Clerks’ fame want to go out and buy his first gun.

Coal Dragger
11-03-17, 16:36
I might actually watch this.

darr3239
11-03-17, 17:11
After seeing that guy on The Walking Dead, I don't care to see him in anything else.

docsherm
11-03-17, 21:18
After seeing that guy on The Walking Dead, I don't care to see him in anything else.

It is the rules of Hollywood. Not everyone can be Rick. You have to start as Rick's Bitch. If you do a good job as Rick's Bitch then one day you will get your own show and be Rick. ;)

That does look good. I will give it to a shot.

VARIABLE9
11-04-17, 00:39
He played a crooked cop in SICARIO.
Punisher is supposed to be good.

MountainRaven
11-04-17, 00:46
He played a crooked cop in SICARIO.
Punisher is supposed to be good.

He was also a friend of John Basilone in The Pacific, a Sherman Easy-8 tanker in Fury, and Ben Afflack's brother in The Accountant.

CRAMBONE
11-04-17, 01:14
Watched the trailer a few weeks ago. I don’t care for the new story line. From I gather the new plot is he was a spook and the entire gov wants him dead now. I prefer the one guy against organized crime story line.

VARIABLE9
11-04-17, 01:17
Watched the trailer a few weeks ago. I don’t care for the new story line. From I gather the new plot is he was a spook and the entire gov wants him dead now. I prefer the one guy against organized crime story line.

The Government is the new Organized Crime Syndicate.

CRAMBONE
11-04-17, 01:26
And my favorite Punisher was Thomas Jane in the 2004 version.

Vegas
11-04-17, 03:37
I watched all the other Netflix Marvel series but think this one might be better. Looks a bit edgier.

sidewaysil80
11-04-17, 07:15
He was awesome as Punisher in their Daredevil series. Great arc/introduction and I thought he did the role justice. I remember when he was first announced he posted some things on social media of him going to various comic book stores and talking with customers/employee about which Punisher comics he should read to develop/base his performance on. I’m pretty excited nonetheless.

In case anyone reading this has glossed over the Marvel Netflix stuff I highly recommend the Daredevil/Jessica Jones series. They are very gritty/noir and minimize the super power stuff. The order for all their Marvel series is DD s1, JJ, DD s2, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and Defenders.

CGSteve
11-05-17, 01:04
I like the actor in this role, he plays the anti hero character the Punisher is supposed to be very well.

Honu
11-19-17, 00:01
So anyone binge watching :)

docsherm
11-19-17, 00:10

Yes. Not bad at all. I am on episode 5 now.

rero360
11-19-17, 00:11
Not yet, working through DD season 2 at the moment, season 1, JJ and LC done so I’ll binge watch IF and Defenders first before Punisher although I’m looking forward to it big time.

Ak44
11-19-17, 00:43
Finishing Episode 11 as we speak. Jon Bernthal is a very good antihero and does the role justice. This is much better than any other Marvel garbage on netflix lol.

Moose-Knuckle
11-19-17, 04:20
Out of the three film adaptations I felt Ray Stevenson's was the best portrayal so far, this looks great.

The Punisher (my favorite Marvel character) is about the only "super-hero" I have never grown tiresome of.

Does Netflix ever sell their series on disc?

rushca01
11-19-17, 05:37
I’m on episode 5 (I think). First two episodes were really good, not sure how I felt about have a tech partner...reminded me too much of person of interest. John Bernthal does a great job, some of the production value and cinematography seem low but all in all so far so good.

Coal Dragger
11-19-17, 12:50

Not binge watching but watched first episode while feeding my 2.5 month old son. Wholesome family entertainment! LOL.

Good show so far.

CLHC
11-19-17, 13:28
I might actually watch this.

Will watch merely for entertainment purposes.

This the dude (Shotgun) on Shot Caller.

CGSteve
11-19-17, 15:31
I’m on episode 5 (I think). First two episodes were really good, not sure how I felt about have a tech partner...reminded me too much of person of interest. John Bernthal does a great job, some of the production value and cinematography seem low but all in all so far so good.

Nerd alert! He had a tech partner in the old school comic books. Makes sense how he's able to be a successful vigilante.

Firefly
11-19-17, 15:35
Punisher looks lame.

All I see is Shane.

Ray Stevenson looked like the comic book and is probably cheap. His movie wasnt great but he looked like the Punisher and is older to where they could have retained the Vietnam War background.

In some of the comics it hints that The Punisher sold his soul to be the Punisher and doesnt age past 50ish.

FromMyColdDeadHand
11-19-17, 18:23
On a family trip all week so I’m limited on binging but got through 4 episodes so far. Pretty good so far. Will keep watching.

Vegas
11-19-17, 23:13
Watch 3 episodes so far and so far, might be my favorite of the Netflix Marvel shows due to the character and actor. I never watched Walking Dead so I'm not tainted I guess.

jpmuscle
11-20-17, 07:21
It’s ok so far but the crazed NRA gun toting 2A PTSDd bit is getting kinda old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FromMyColdDeadHand
11-20-17, 08:52

I just kind of overlook that Progressive BS line, kind of like just enjoying "Rage Against the Machine's" music and not paying attention to their ass-hattery. I've never understood Progressives that want the govt to run everything, but make the govt out to be some evil entity and you can't even trust local govt to treat and pay teachers right so they need a union to protect themselves.

sundance435
11-20-17, 09:14

Yeah, this was annoying and completely unnecessary for plot purposes. It's even more absurd that it's in a show about a vigilante who illegally acquires his weapons. It was a minor annoyance, though - I think the show is pretty decent and I like Bernthal - Shane was the only character on WD with any realistic perception.

Nowski87
11-20-17, 10:48

The character is annoying and a cartoon but he has a place in the narrative. There are other goofy things in the show but over all they took a one dimensional character and gave him depth.

CGSteve
11-20-17, 18:27
The character is annoying and a cartoon but he has a place in the narrative. There are other goofy things in the show but over all they took a one dimensional character and gave him depth.

Yes he does. When fiction imitates reality, the guy that talks the most shit...

Jewell
11-20-17, 20:05
I decided to check it out tonight. I watched the first episode and was pretty entertained. The first episode left me wanting to watch more, so it's a good start. I'll admit though that it will take me some time to get over Shane from Walking Dead as Frank Castle.

docsherm
11-20-17, 20:19
Ok, I see Shane but is it me or is his voice channeling Rick Grimes? He is going for that everything I know is dead and I just continue to go on by killing everything....... So I guess Rick Grimes would be a good model. ;)

Jewell
11-21-17, 10:20
Ok, I see Shane but is it me or is his voice channeling Rick Grimes? He is going for that everything I know is dead and I just continue to go on by killing everything....... So I guess Rick Grimes would be a good model. ;)

Ha Ha! No, you're absolutely right. Either that, or the Christian Bale Batman.

HMM
11-21-17, 11:29
Just started watching. So far I agree, all I see is Shane. Hoping it's a good series.

kenny256
11-23-17, 18:30
Ok, I see Shane but is it me or is his voice channeling Rick Grimes? He is going for that everything I know is dead and I just continue to go on by killing everything....... So I guess Rick Grimes would be a good model. ;)I thought the exact same thing. He figures if it worked for the walking dead why not here?

I still am enjoying the show!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk