PDA

View Full Version : Chip McCormick trigger install help

FlyingHunter
10-24-06, 21:44
OK...First I'm embarrased. After all, It's supposed to be a drop in trigger. After I removed the two trigger assembly pins and removed the old trigger from my 6.8spc, the new McCormick drop in is blocked by the safety. I tapped it a few times and it wouldn't move. I thought I stop and ask for help before I make things worse. Any help is appreciated.

Robb Jensen
10-24-06, 22:30
OK...First I'm embarrased. After all, It's supposed to be a drop in trigger. After I removed the two trigger assembly pins and removed the old trigger from my 6.8spc, the new McCormick drop in is blocked by the safety. I tapped it a few times and it wouldn't move. I thought I stop and ask for help before I make things worse. Any help is appreciated.

Remove the grip so that you can turn or remove the safety to make room for the trigger unit. Don't loose the safety detent nor spring.

deadwood83
10-24-06, 22:31
Don't be embarassed. The safety is a funny thing to remove. You first take off the pistol grip nice and slow. On the right hand side (with buttstock facing you) there is a verrrry slim spring and a little plunger that fit into a hole in the PG. Carefully remove them, then just push on the side of the selector that doesn't have the little thumb-pushy thing. Put in the trigger, slide the safety back in, reassemble with the little plunger and spring in the PG and voila!

Hope this helps.:D

TWR
10-24-06, 22:37
They both beat me to it.

FlyingHunter
10-24-06, 22:38
Gentlemen,
Thank You for your help. I appreciate the assistance.

deadwood83
10-24-06, 22:53
no problem at all! My pleasure. Anything else we can help you with? (sorry to drag you into this gotm4)

FlyingHunter
10-24-06, 23:11
Deadwood83 and gotM4...you guys rock. Just took your advice and finished the install in a few minutes. No problems and the trigger is a big improvement over the original Colt. I'll be deer hunting with this rig (PRI 6.8 upper)and I owe both of you the backstraps.

C4IGrant
10-25-06, 09:27
Watch that trigger closely for any issues (just as a heads up).

C4

Bryson
10-25-06, 20:08
Grant, have you heard of problems with them? Or was that just a general heads up?

Hardgear, LLC
10-25-06, 20:10
Watch that trigger closely for any issues (just as a heads up).

C4

What do you know? I've been running one for over a year w/o problems and recently tried to order several more only to be told that they have been discontinued.

Hardgear

C4IGrant
10-25-06, 20:23
I believe some went into FA, some were recalled and there was a long spell there when you couldn't get any (as they were trying to figure out some issues). I am not saying they are all bad, but most of the drop in triggers I have seen, eventually exhibit some issues.

C4

Glockster35
10-30-06, 20:58
Brownells and others have stopped carrying them, I would assume for the FA issues they had.

Bulldog1967
11-15-06, 21:12
Mine doubled down at the Blackwater class a few years ago...Harlan, you were there when it happened.

Matt G