PDA

View Full Version : Colt stripped lowers $100 shipped

jason.mayberry68
11-04-17, 18:31
ArmsUnlimited.com has them in stock! Cheapest I've ever seen them... get them while they're hot, doubt they will last long.

GH41
11-04-17, 19:15
ArmsUnlimited.com has them in stock! Cheapest I've ever seen them... get them while they're hot, doubt they will last long.

Why would you buy a stripped Colt lower at that price?? There are much better receivers out there for less. Colt hasn't been what it once was for a long time.

Cold/Bore
11-04-17, 19:32
Why would you buy a stripped Colt lower at that price?? There are much better receivers out there for less. Colt hasn't been what it once was for a long time.

I was actually wondering if that was a good deal or not. I mean, it doesn’t even have a very cool roll mark. I would buy it at that price in a heartbeat if it was an M4 marked lower, but in all seriousness, is this a deal I should consider? I’m regretting not buying one of the complete Colt M4 lowers that were running about $244 with discounts at Brownells, but now they’re back up to $300. GH41, I already know your opinion, but I am curious to know what others have to say. Don’t want to regret another missed opportunity.

Stick? You seemed to be a Colt fan. What say you?

26 Inf
11-04-17, 19:32
Despite the Colt logo and rollmark, I think the 'AR-15A4 Lightweight LE Carbine' pretty much kills the deal for clone builders.

Pappabear
11-04-17, 19:39
if it says Colt, it will have resale value and buyers can shoot with pride. At $100, if I need one or if I didn't have a a spikes, Knights and LMT stashed, I would buy one.

PB

Hulkstr8
11-04-17, 19:55

I'm curious what you think is a much better receiver for less? Aero?

Personally, if I had $100 to throw at a forged lower it would be a Mega (now Zev damn it, I loved the Mega roll)

Cold/Bore
11-04-17, 19:55
So here’s my deal: I’ve got a baby boy due in February. I don’t have any lowers stashed, but I want to get one stashed for him for the future. I have 2 ARs that I’ve built myself on an Aero lower and a McKay lower (nothing extraordinary, but functional). Wouldn’t mind getting something with a pedigree, or something a little nicer (mil-spec, nothing billet or newfangled). I figure you can’t go wrong with Colt (resale value) but on the other hand, there are a lot of other really great manufacturers out there too, and AR-15A4 Lightweight Carbine just doesn’t have any sentimental value. But if this is a great deal, I could get my baby boy something else. Still got some time, I think.

if it says Colt, it will have resale value and buyers can shoot with pride. At $100, if I need one or if I didn't have a a spikes, Knights and LMT stashed, I would buy one.

PB

Are there LMT stripped lowers available somewhere?

chrischoi
11-04-17, 20:04
It does say Lightweight LE Carbine. There are others one that are more sought after.

Hulkstr8
11-04-17, 20:17

For the price of an LMT stripped lower you could get a couple high quality forged lowers to stash away for your babies.

KAC and LMT and Colt are all legends. That being said, I don't see the appeal of their lowers unless they're part of the whole rifle (i.e. KAC SR-15, Colt 6920, etc).

Cold/Bore
11-04-17, 20:32
For the price of an LMT stripped lower you could get a couple high quality forged lowers to stash away for your babies.

KAC and LMT and Colt are all legends. That being said, I don't see the appeal of their lowers unless they're part of the whole rifle (i.e. KAC SR-15, Colt 6920, etc).

While I’d love to stash some KAC mil-specs away for the kid, they’re just too expensive and I just can’t put a KAC lower in the hands of a child that will probably ding the thing up and never really appreciate the thing till he’s older and by then he’ll probably ask why in God’s name did I let him ruin such a fine lower. That said, ain’t no way I’m buying my firstborn a Anderson. What kind of father would I be? I think I’d be OK with him beating on a Colt. I always hear they come a bit beat up from the factory anyways.

But in all seriousness, are there stripped LMT lowers out there? I’ve never seen them for sale.

ABNAK
11-04-17, 20:37
While I’d love to stash some KAC mil-specs away for the kid, they’re just too expensive and I just can’t put a KAC lower in the hands of a child that will probably ding the thing up and never really appreciate the thing till he’s older and by then he’ll probably ask why in God’s name did I let him ruin such a fine lower. That said, ain’t no way I’m buying my firstborn a Anderson. What kind of father would I be? I think I’d be OK with him beating on a Colt. I always hear they come a bit beat up from the factory anyways.

But in all seriousness, are there stripped LMT lowers out there? I’ve never seen them for sale.

There was a whole thread on it here. I bought one but IIRC it was ~ $200 just for the stripped lower.

Cold/Bore
11-04-17, 20:39
There was a whole thread on it here. I bought one but IIRC it was ~ $200 just for the stripped lower.

Yeah. I was just googling them. I was seeing $225. To rich for my blood.

ghostly
11-04-17, 20:55
How would dinging a lower ruin it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dmd08
11-04-17, 21:04
For your purpose I would rather have a colt lower (even if it doesn't have a desirable roll mark) over a PSA, Anderson, Aero etc. It has a pedigree. Something that will be cool in 10 or 15 years when the rifle is his. Just my opinion.

ssc
11-04-17, 21:50
I am buying LMT stripped lowers for $139.00 from our LGS.

Cheers, Steve

Hulkstr8
11-04-17, 22:19

That's what I mean, I would skip the LMT stripped lower thing because they're pricey. The guy who finds them locally for $139 is just lucky -can't find any of those here

Vegas
11-04-17, 23:10

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkJust built my KAC lower today, promptly knocked it over by accident and put a few dings in it. A few years ago it would have really pissed me off. Now I view as I got the dings out of the way and I don't have to worry about dinging it.

On topic, c'mon AU! Just when I said I wasn't going to buy any more lowers!

bad aim
11-04-17, 23:17
Like what was mentioned above, if this had the "M4A1" rollmark on it like the ones that came with the 6920 SOCOMs, I think everyone and their mom would be all over it. The "liightweight LE" is kind of "meh".

jason.mayberry68
11-05-17, 00:01
It's 100 bucks though...I can deal with the rollmark. It's a smoking deal.

freefly
11-05-17, 01:22
It's 100 bucks though...I can deal with the rollmark. It's a smoking deal.
Yeah...just an excuse to start a "lightweight" build if nothing else!

JRHorne
11-05-17, 08:03

PB

If you had the cash right now, I can almost assure everyone that in roughly 3 years, when there is Democratic looming and threatening to take over office, these will be worth NO LESS than $150 each. If said Democrat gets elected, you may be able to double that estimate.

If I am wrong, I agree to buy at least 10 from anyone who purchases them now for $110 each.

Jmedic_
11-05-17, 08:22
I think the roll mark is pretty cool, it's different, and $100 for a quality receiver. I might pick one up even though I have a stripped 2 Mega's and a KAC I need to work on.

Mrgunsngear
11-05-17, 08:27
FWIW Brownells has complete LE6920 lowers for $239 shipped here with code H7L currently (https://goo.gl/fv7SA7)

phixion
11-05-17, 08:38
So here’s my deal: I’ve got a baby boy due in February. I don’t have any lowers stashed, but I want to get one stashed for him for the future. I have 2 ARs that I’ve built myself on an Aero lower and a McKay lower (nothing extraordinary, but functional). Wouldn’t mind getting something with a pedigree, or something a little nicer (mil-spec, nothing billet or newfangled). I figure you can’t go wrong with Colt (resale value) but on the other hand, there are a lot of other really great manufacturers out there too, and AR-15A4 Lightweight Carbine just doesn’t have any sentimental value. But if this is a great deal, I could get my baby boy something else. Still got some time, I think.

IMO, unless you're buying a complete factory rifle, the rollmark is meaningless. I say that because after the build is completed, chances are it'll be a frankenbuild, so to me, that makes the rollmark pretty meaningless.

Besides, I can't say I've EVER looked at a rollmark outside of initial inspection. So personally, I think people put too much stock in the rollmark.

I understand the sentiment in wanting to put something away for your boy; however, don't spend too much thought or money on it. I say that because who knows what the market will look like when he is of age; companies come and go, new products/innovations, etc. Hell, he may turn out to be left-handed in which an ambi lower would be perfect. And who knows, he may not enjoy guns.

At most, I would either buy a stripped lower of your choice or a Colt 6920 and put that away for him. After that, 20 quality mags (pmag, okay) and be done with it. Spend no money on accessories as again, who knows what new, innovative products will be on the market at that time and besides, he should be the mold the rifle to his liking.

If it turns out he isn't into guns as you hoped, you shouldn't take a hit on selling a stripped lower. And if you decide to pick up a Colt 6920, it should, at a minimum, hold it's value.

Good luck, and take advantage of the current market and its prices.

SiGfever
11-05-17, 08:51
FWIW Brownells has complete LE6920 lowers for $239 shipped here with code H7L currently (https://goo.gl/fv7SA7)

Mine should be here Tuesday. These are great times for gun enthusiast.

grizzman
11-05-17, 09:02
I also consider the complete lower from Brownells to be a better deal.

Thanks....one ordered.

Cold/Bore
11-05-17, 09:15

Just ordered 2 stripped lowers. I thought that I missed that Brownell’s deal. Was it me or did they mark them up to $300 a couple of days ago? Oh well, stripped lowers are easier to stash and I already have two Colt lower parts kits.

Thanks to everyone for the advice.

Hulkstr8
11-05-17, 10:48
Just ordered 2 stripped lowers. I thought that I missed that Brownell’s deal. Was it me or did they mark them up to $300 a couple of days ago? Oh well, stripped lowers are easier to stash and I already have two Colt lower parts kits.

Thanks to everyone for the advice.

Which lowers did you end up with?

BBossman
11-05-17, 11:17

Dings, dents, gouges and scrapes are how you identify genuine Colt factory parts and rifles.

pinzgauer
11-05-17, 12:08
I'm just not seeing this on Colt stuff in the last year.

grizzman
11-05-17, 13:00
I'm just not seeing this on Colt stuff in the last year.

There is ample evidence of it in the Trooper thread.

Cold/Bore
11-05-17, 13:45
Which lowers did you end up with?

The Colt AR15A4 Lightweight LE Carbine Stripped Lower Receiver Assembly from the OP.

https://www.armsunlimited.com/Colt-AR15A4-Lightweight-Stripped-Lower-Receiver-p/sp635564.htm

Zirk208
11-05-17, 14:15

Stripped lowers- No, at least that I've found. Those finding them, may be getting a complete gun that was broken down and parted out.
Complete LMT Lowers- yes.

Scanos
11-05-17, 14:18
Thanks for the heads up

ghostly
11-05-17, 15:12
Dings, dents, gouges and scrapes are how you identify genuine Colt factory parts and rifles.

Again. Not sure go this ruins anything. It's a gun. Shoot it. My rifle was riding boulders today. That was the easiest way to hit my target.

Stickman
11-05-17, 15:17
I was actually wondering if that was a good deal or not. I mean, it doesn’t even have a very cool roll mark. I would buy it at that price in a heartbeat if it was an M4 marked lower, but in all seriousness, is this a deal I should consider? I’m regretting not buying one of the complete Colt M4 lowers that were running about $244 with discounts at Brownells, but now they’re back up to $300. GH41, I already know your opinion, but I am curious to know what others have to say. Don’t want to regret another missed opportunity.

Stick? You seemed to be a Colt fan. What say you?

GH41 is on cocaine with a comment saying there are much better receivers than Colt for $100. I'm pretty sure he is listening to Rick James while screaming SUPAH FREAK and freebasing in the kitchen.

Stickman
11-05-17, 15:19
Rats, I saw this last night, and was too amped up from watching the UFC fights to make an order. Now they are out of stock, and I'm kicking myself. I had wanted to order a couple.

Cold/Bore
11-05-17, 15:19
Again. Not sure go this ruins anything. It's a gun. Shoot it. My rifle was riding boulders today. That was the easiest way to hit my target.

I don’t think he was complaining. Just stating a fact that Colt rifles tend to come with more cosmetic flaws. Not that I care too much either. But if I were to purchase a $200 KAC milspec lower, it would be more for the collector’s value. (Unless I had a lot more disposable income.)

Cold/Bore
11-05-17, 15:30
Rats, I saw this last night, and was too amped up from watching the UFC fights to make an order. Now they are out of stock, and I'm kicking myself. I had wanted to order a couple.

I was hoping you’d chime in, but fortunately we have a lot of other knowledgeable members here that helped me make an informed decision and in a timely matter that I didn’t miss out on this deal.

Sorry that you missed out, brother!

Stickman
11-05-17, 15:55
I was hoping you’d chime in, but fortunately we have a lot of other knowledgeable members here that helped me make an informed decision and in a timely matter that I didn’t miss out on this deal.

Sorry that you missed out, brother!

When it comes to AR15 things, I am pretty well taken care of, I can't complain.

sig1473
11-05-17, 15:56

Yep, time change got me and I had to work extra into the early morning. Got up and was going to place an order and alas they are OOS.

freefly
11-05-17, 16:00
Same boat, so I just ended up grabbing a couple of these complete M4 lowers at Brownells for $239 (https://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/receiver-parts/receivers/lower-receivers/ar-15-m4-complete-lower-receiver-5-56mm-sku100025281-109740-206687.aspx) (I used code LDN and placed 2 separate orders, which came out to $239 shipped for each).

I actually think that is the better deal, once you factor in the time/effort/money of sourcing the needed parts and assembling the stripped ones. They have the normal/standard M4 rolls marks as well.

ghostly
11-05-17, 16:03
I don’t think he was complaining. Just stating a fact that Colt rifles tend to come with more cosmetic flaws. Not that I care too much either. But if I were to purchase a $200 KAC milspec lower, it would be more for the collector’s value. (Unless I had a lot more disposable income.)

Originally somebody stated they wouldn't but one for their kid because they would ruin it.

Cold/Bore
11-05-17, 16:13
Originally somebody stated they wouldn't but one for their kid because they would ruin it.

That was me i think. What I meant was I wouldn’t buy an expensive milspec lower like a KAC for my kid knowing he’ll probably beat it up and ruin it (not that it’ll stop working) but it’ll lose collectors value. I guess the story my dad told me about using a Joe DiMaggio rookie baseball card as a “spoke card” on his bicycle really left an impression on me.

SiGfever
11-05-17, 16:47
Same boat, so I just ended up grabbing a couple of these complete M4 lowers at Brownells for $239 (https://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/receiver-parts/receivers/lower-receivers/ar-15-m4-complete-lower-receiver-5-56mm-sku100025281-109740-206687.aspx) (I used code LDN and placed 2 separate orders, which came out to $239 shipped for each).

I actually think that is the better deal, once you factor in the time/effort/money of sourcing the needed parts and assembling the stripped ones. They have the normal/standard M4 rolls marks as well.

That is what I thought also. Add up the extras and the complete lower is a hell of a deal.

Warp
11-05-17, 16:50
That is what I thought also. Add up the extras and the complete lower is a hell of a deal.

Colt stripped lower + BCM stock kit + BCM enhanced LPK (GF grip, PNT FCG) is about $280 possibly + shipping ($40 more than the Colt complete lower) and you still need a stock. But it's a better grip and FCG.

Overall outstanding options and great deal(s) however you go about it

ghostly
11-05-17, 16:58
That was me i think. What I meant was I wouldn’t buy an expensive milspec lower like a KAC for my kid knowing he’ll probably beat it up and ruin it (not that it’ll stop working) but it’ll lose collectors value. I guess the story my dad told me about using a Joe DiMaggio rookie baseball card as a “spoke card” on his bicycle really left an impression on me.

I don't think you'll have to worry about collectible value or lowers. Buy the best and shoot it. If you need a collector get two.

Cold/Bore
11-05-17, 16:59
Colt stripped lower + BCM stock kit + BCM enhanced LPK (GF grip, PNT FCG) is about $280 possibly + shipping ($40 more than the Colt complete lower) and you still need a stock. But it's a better grip and FCG.

Overall outstanding options and great deal(s) however you go about it

I would have gone with this deal had I not already pulled the trigger on the stripped lowers, but literally found out about the Brownell’s deal right after I clicked confirm order. If you don’t like 4 position RE and milspec trigger, the stripped lower is the way to go.

Warp
11-05-17, 23:20
I would have gone with this deal had I not already pulled the trigger on the stripped lowers, but literally found out about the Brownell’s deal right after I clicked confirm order. If you don’t like 4 position RE and milspec trigger, the stripped lower is the way to go.

I would have gone with this deal now except I dithered about and it is now out of stock.

hmmm Brownells maybe....

Cold/Bore
11-08-17, 22:25
Got my 2 lowers today:
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171109/81fc3556977baea1885218c3ed210903.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171109/140f44468b4a7611bd9138c1d2d268c6.jpg

Bottom receiver has line engraved through “Colt Defense” roll mark and is missing the Fire/Safe roll marks on the right side.

Interesting. I guess you can say each Colt lower is unique and has its own character.

^Rb
11-08-17, 23:31
Nice score!!

jason.mayberry68
11-08-17, 23:55
Got my 2 lowers today:

Bottom receiver has line engraved through “Colt Defense” roll mark and is missing the Fire/Safe roll marks on the right side.

Interesting. I guess you can say each Colt lower is unique and has its own character.They look good. I'll pick mine up tomorrow. Good score.

Yeah...just an excuse to start a "lightweight" build if nothing else!True.

Rats, I saw this last night, and was too amped up from watching the UFC fights to make an order. Now they are out of stock, and I'm kicking myself. I had wanted to order a couple.I figured they go super quick...I mean 100 bucks for a Colt stripped lower, easy desicion. Hate you missed out!

Cold/Bore
11-09-17, 05:03
True.

Yup. One gets stashed for Junior for the future. The other will be another toy for daddy.

Fatorangecat
11-09-17, 09:18
Does AU sell exclusively to MIL/LE?

Fordtough25
11-09-17, 12:46
AU is the place to get Colt stuff, they're got a lot of my $$ in the past year or so. Shew!