PDA

View Full Version : Bump Stocks banned in MA

tb-av
11-04-17, 22:18
Never saw this one coming did you?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/04/massachusetts-becomes-first-state-to-ban-bump-stocks-after-las-vegas-shooting.html

Kain
11-04-17, 22:29
Not surprised in the least.
Which is kind of sad, I always wanted to go to Boston for St Patty's and drink an excessive amount of beer and whiskey and go to some concerts.

Firefly
11-04-17, 22:49
I dont like any bans at all but would rather it be left to the states than a Federal ban.

Theoretically easier to defeat.

We got lucky with the AWB Sunset

Dist. Expert 26
11-04-17, 23:03
MA is a lost cause. Gun owners there have either gone underground or given up entirely.

Jellybean
11-04-17, 23:05
What is there to say?
If a federal level legislation doesn't work out (or doesn't work out *fast enough*) the individual states are always happy to fill in...

Moose-Knuckle
11-05-17, 01:39
They just saved so many, many lives . . .

:jester:

Alex V
11-05-17, 08:21
The NJ legislature tried to pass a law like this a few weeks ago until someone explained to them that it's already banned in NJ lol.

Amicus
11-05-17, 08:29
What is there to say?
If a federal level legislation doesn't work out (or doesn't work out *fast enough*) the individual states are always happy to fill in...

Massachusetts has a history of enacting vague and less comprehensible versions of federal statutes, because two versions of the same law will make them extra safe. One egregious example was a comprehensive gun control law enacted in 1968. the same year as the GCA. In their version, the word "firearm" means only "handgun." They then created a Firearms Identification Card (FID) that enabled legal possession of long guns. So, the Firearms Identification Card had nothing to do with "firearms."

What makes this extra EXTRA special is Linsky's crowing over the passage of a bill, that was not HIS bill. His version, like Sen. Feinstein's, would have made illegal any device or other work that might have increased the "rate of discharge" of any pistol, rifle, or shotgun, and, would have given a state agency the power to regulate how firearms might be maintained if such maintenance might affect "rate of discharge."

He seems awfully happy for a guy who really wanted to police gun maintenance.

Please note that, since Massachusetts has to rewrite everything, they use the term "discharge" instead of "fire." When I hear someone say "rate of discharge," the first thing I think of is a scene from "Run Fat Boy Run" involving a blister.

Kain
11-05-17, 08:58
The NJ legislature tried to pass a law like this a few weeks ago until someone explained to them that it's already banned in NJ lol.

That would be funny, if it wasn't so sad.
I am at the point that I almost want to buy one just to piss off the liberals.

tb-av
11-05-17, 10:21
What is there to say?

I -think-, hope, that people are starting to catch on to that and this is why we see more TeaParty-ish wins on local levels.

Moose-Knuckle
11-06-17, 02:35

That is awesome. :lol:

Arik
11-06-17, 07:45
The NJ legislature tried to pass a law like this a few weeks ago until someone explained to them that it's already banned in NJ lol.Ban it twice! That way we know they're really serious about our safety!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Kain
11-06-17, 07:55
Ban it twice! That way we know they're really serious about our safety!

Naw, see they wouldn't see it tgat way. They ban it twice it makes it legal. Kind of like how two wrongs make arught in liberal logic.

Alex V
11-06-17, 08:20
That would be funny, if it wasn't so sad.
I am at the point that I almost want to buy one just to piss off the liberals.

That is awesome. :lol:

Ban it twice! That way we know they're really serious about our safety!

May as well. Any folding, telescoping or collapsible stock is already banned as an evil feature. Since the bump stop "telescopes" on the receiver extension in order to function, and has a pistol grip as part of the stock, unless the AR isn't fed from a magazine it's already banned lol. Politicians are not very bright.

Diamondback
11-06-17, 08:26
I -think-, hope, that people are starting to catch on to that and this is why we see more TeaParty-ish wins on local levels.
Sadly, some states are lost... and those are the Blue Wall giving Democrats a baked-in starting Electoral College advantage such that a Republican can do everything right and STILL lose. If they can't do it Legislatively, they'll just do it by bureaucratic fiat next time they get the White House, just like Obuttmuncher weaponizing ITAR against gun owners and home/small-business gunsmiths.

Or they'll just have their pet black-robed bitchboy Roberts declare something like his "even though the black letter text says it's not a tax, it's a tax, and I'm upholding it despite this law originating in the Senate and all taxes being Constitutionally required to originate in the House" on Obamacare... Never underestimate the insidiousness of the Left, nor the range of underhanded measures they can and will employ to impose their agenda.

titsonritz
11-06-17, 14:54

They're some real fart smellers.

Diamondback
11-06-17, 18:50
They're some real fart smellers.

I wish they'd just all go choke on a turd... on both coasts.

JusticeM4
11-07-17, 04:30
They just saved so many, many lives . . .

Yep.

What's next? Ban trucks? They can save a lot of lives by banning pickup trucks.

platoonDaddy
09-27-18, 15:34
Now lets switch to Maryland: I emailed the following out to my Maryland friends who hunt and aren't involved in 2A issues. Friggin Maryland is frig'd up and this law was signed by a RINO!

Hey guys, this is serious shit that the majority of MD firearms owners haven’t a clue. The only reason I am up on the issues is through the MDshooters forum and as a member of MSI. MSI is fighting the law, but to cover your ass, fill out the attached and mail to BATF.

Note the Judge’s comment about gun-oil and “applying” to ATF”

The following is cut from MSI bulletin:

1. 3 Days Left to Protect Yourself!

You have until September 30 to mail in your application to the ATF for any "rapid-fire trigger activator" devices you own. If you don't want to send a certified mail application (recommended) you can email the application to the ATF at FIPB.Regulatory.Email.Inquiries@usdoj.gov. The law is so vague that it would criminalize the mere possession of anything that increases the "rate of fire" by any amount on any firearm (not just semi-autos). The judge in the case even demonstrated that gun oil could fall under this definition.

We are still fighting this law, but a preliminary injunction while the case is ongoing was denied because the judge ruled that, under the law, gun owners can protect themselves for one year by "applying" to the ATF before October 1, 2018. So until this lawsuit is resolved, this is the only way to protect yourself. You can read the full article here. You can download the application here.

EDIT: forgot to add the letter to BATF

APPLICATION FOR AUTHORIZATION
APPLICANT’S NAME: __________________________
APPLICANT’S ADDRESS: __________________________

SUBMITTED ON OR BEFORE OCTOBER 1, 2018 Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives 99 New York Avenue, NE Washington, DC 20226 Re: Application for Authorization

Pursuant to Maryland Law To Whom It May Concern: Pursuant to Maryland law, I hereby apply to the Federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, prior to October 1, 2018, for authorization to possess one or more: Rapid Fire Trigger Activator(s), including, but not limited to any device(s), including a removable manual or power-driven activating device(s), constructed so that, when installed in or attached to a firearm(s): (I) the rate at which the trigger is activated increases; or (II) the rate of fire increases, to include, but not limited to: a binary trigger system(s); a bump stock(s); a burst trigger system(s); a Hellfire Trigger(s); a trigger crank(s); and/or a burst trigger system(s).

Pursuant to Maryland law, I hereby further apply to the Federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, prior to October 1, 2018, for authorization to possess one or more copy, copies or similar device(s) to those specified above, regardless of the producer(s) or manufacturer(s).

Pursuant to Maryland law, I hereby further apply to the Federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, prior to October 1, 2018, for authorization to possess everything to which Maryland Senate Bill 707, Chapter 252 (signed into Maryland law on or about April 24, 2018) applies or might hereinafter be determined to apply.

Please grant the authorizations sought herein before October 1, 2019, and please return said authorizations to the Applicant’s address above.

Respectfully submitted,

Signed: ___________________