PDA

View Full Version : Centurion rail used for the Trooper......where to get one?

ABNAK
11-10-17, 12:36
I notice on Centurion's website that the 13" M-Lok rail they have isn't exactly the same as the one on the Colt Trooper. Is it possible to find one out in the wild? Can't seem to find a Centurion Arms phone number either so I can't just call and ask.

ABNAK
11-10-17, 12:38
Never mind, just got an email reply:

The rail that is on the Trooper is an OEM rail that Colt ordered and buys from us in quantity to build those rifles with.* It is not available for retail sale. I'm sorry.* I'm sure you saw, that the closest rail is our 13" MLOK CMR.

Also just called Colt and no dice, they ain't selling any. Damn! The 13" one Centurion does sell has quite a few more vent holes than the one they make for Colt.

PaLEOjd
11-10-17, 12:52
Keep an eye out in the EE. Someone may swap it with another and be looking to sell/trade. Chances aren't that great but it's worth keeping an eye out.

w3453l
11-10-17, 17:30
Any reason for not just buying the Centurion retail version of the rail?

ABNAK
11-10-17, 17:43
Any reason for not just buying the Centurion retail version of the rail?

It's kinda "meh". Looks like a piece of Swiss cheese compared to the Trooper one (a lot more holes......I know, I compared the two pics very carefully).

Actually might just go with a BCM M-Lok rail. Not in a hurry, we'll see.

w3453l
11-10-17, 17:56
Ah ok I see. I don't think it should be too difficult to find on the second hand market. I'm sure a lot of people will be jumping at the next best rail soon enough

Diamondback
11-10-17, 19:12
Or, alternately, you could always part out a Trooper and maybe see a profit... IIRC Stickman posted a breakdown showing that a 6920 is worth more dismantled and sold as individual parts than as a complete rifle.

SiGfever
11-10-17, 19:55
I notice on Centurion's website that the 13" M-Lok rail they have isn't exactly the same as the one on the Colt Trooper. Is it possible to find one out in the wild? Can't seem to find a Centurion Arms phone number either so I can't just call and ask.

I too like the design of the ML13OEM rail, it looks better to me than the retail one. Plus I like its reduced size, reminds me of my KMR.

grizzman
11-11-17, 01:02
There's one for sale in the equipment exchange right now.

ABNAK
11-11-17, 07:33
There's one for sale in the equipment exchange right now.

That's a C4 quad rail.

grizzman
11-11-17, 09:01
Sorry, I replied to the wrong thread.

Another option is for you to purchase a commercial Centurion rail and offer to trade it with a Trooper owner's rail. They use the same barrel nut, so it would take very little effort to swap them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JRHorne
11-11-17, 14:17
Or, alternately, you could always part out a Trooper and maybe see a profit... IIRC Stickman posted a breakdown showing that a 6920 is worth more dismantled and sold as individual parts than as a complete rifle.

This is a great idea...or was when they were still around $700. I can't seem to find any in stock around that price point right now.

ABNAK
11-11-17, 14:33
I bought one of the Colt complete lowers from Brownells and a complete OEM2 upper from Grant at G&R, so all I need to add is the unobtanium rail and viola! It's now a Trooper!

Hulkstr8
11-11-17, 22:19
why do people love centurion?

I've always thought Midwest was alright, but now with Cross Machine Tool and BCM and SLR all having quads, it's a lot of competition.