PDA

View Full Version : Gen5 Glock 19 Trigger Issues

eternal24k
11-13-17, 08:36
I just picked up a new Gen5 Glock 19 and over the weekend have encountered some issues raising concerns. Hoping this can be remedied on my end without sending the pistol in, wondering if anyone has any ideas.

Dry firing the pistol, every now and then (roughly 5-10% of the time) when racking the slide, the trigger is dead. I pull it and nothing, feels like it is not engaging the striker. I cannot replicate the problem consistently. Holding trigger in or not while cycling slide has no impact, slow or fast, no seen impact.

I have not stripped the pistol beyond removing the slide, only thing I have done is lube rails.

Another oddity that may be related (none of my Gen3 Glocks do this) is that when I remove the slide, I pull the trigger, move slide back 1/10", push down slide lock, and as i push the slide forward, it catches the trigger and pushes the trigger forward, necessitating that i pull the trigger a second time to get out of the way and remove the slide. This is not the trigger being reset.

Thoughts?

Sam
11-13-17, 08:38
This is pure heresay. Glocks are perfect !

eternal24k
11-13-17, 08:49
This is pure heresay. Glocks are perfect !

Indeed, looks like it's just going to go back to Glock. My girlfriend made fun of me this weekend for originally calling this pistol the "gold standard".

I also confirmed what I originally thought was a joke: that Glock intentionally ships the pistol with the rear sight drifted to the right to accommodate right hand shooters pulling shots to the left :rolleyes:

jimjc
11-13-17, 08:54
I just picked up a new Gen5 Glock 19 and over the weekend have encountered some issues raising concerns. Hoping this can be remedied on my end without sending the pistol in, wondering if anyone has any ideas.

Dry firing the pistol, every now and then (roughly 5-10% of the time) when racking the slide, the trigger is dead. I pull it and nothing, feels like it is not engaging the striker. I cannot replicate the problem consistently. Holding trigger in or not while cycling slide has no impact, slow or fast, no seen impact.

I have not stripped the pistol beyond removing the slide, only thing I have done is lube rails.

Another oddity that may be related (none of my Gen3 Glocks do this) is that when I remove the slide, I pull the trigger, move slide back 1/10", push down slide lock, and as i push the slide forward, it catches the trigger and pushes the trigger forward, necessitating that i pull the trigger a second time to get out of the way and remove the slide. This is not the trigger being reset.

Thoughts?

This isn't the first time I've read about your problem. I have not read there is a remedy for it, in fact Glock hasn't acknowledged there is a problem...

I would never trust or own a gun for defense that has a problem like this. I hope you can resolve your problem.

Texaspoff
11-13-17, 09:39

Thoughts?

Honestly its hard to say, it isn't normal for sure. I would remove the fire controls and see if something isn't right. I would recommend letting an armorer check it out, or send it back to glock. My 5th Gens do no exhibit this behavior, and have been just like all my other glocks. There isn't a difference in the way the internals work compared to the earlier gen pistols, they have just been slightly redesigned. It should still work just like any other glock.

TXPO

Sam
11-13-17, 09:43
Call the factory and they will have you ship it back for repair at no cost. They will also throw in some cool knick-knacks, hat, shirt, mouse pad with their logo on it. You'll be happy for life.

eternal24k
11-13-17, 09:47
Call the factory and they will have you ship it back for repair at no cost. They will also throw in some cool knick-knacks, hat, shirt, mouse pad with their logo on it. You'll be happy for life.

It's going back to Glock. I am really hoping it's not a lemon. I had a late Gen 3 that I chased ejection and extraction issues for the longest time before giving up.

MegademiC
11-13-17, 12:30
I had the same issue caused by me. The trigger spring was twisted, and not installed correctly.

I’d check that first as it’s an easy fix. Are you sure no one took it down at the shop before you got it? Could have been assembled wrong at the factory as well.

Also, a ny trigger requires the trigger to be held while moving the slide foreword since it’s stronger and pulls the striker sear up.

eternal24k
11-13-17, 12:33
I had the same issue caused by me. The trigger spring was twisted, and not installed correctly.

I’d check that first as it’s an easy fix. Are you sure no one took it down at the shop before you got it? Could have been assembled wrong at the factory as well.

I can’t be sure no one took it apart at the shop, but it wasn’t out or anything, just one in a pile of blue label boxes that arrived only a day earlier.

Any pic of the twist?

eternal24k
11-13-17, 12:34
I can’t be sure no one took it apart at the shop, but it wasn’t out or anything, just one in a pile of blue label boxes that arrived only a day earlier.

Any pic of the twist?

Did it exhibit both symptoms I described?

givo08
11-13-17, 14:35
I recall seeing this same issue posted on another forum. The trigger bar was not being properly captured/linked to the trigger return spring assembly. The poster wasn't sure if it came from Glock like that or if an employee at the shop may have disassembled the gun to look at the parts and just put it back together wrong. The problem apparently went away after installing it correctly.

eternal24k
11-13-17, 17:25
https://flic.kr/p/21vnc1D
Here's a link to a video with the issue, more than 10% failures

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4519/38369173052_7a92f92164.jpg

clb
11-13-17, 17:46
If this is a pic of your gun, the cruciform is not connected the the rest mechanism correctly. You should be able to see where it connects at the 6:00 tab of the cruciform in your picture.

eternal24k
11-13-17, 18:22
If this is a pic of your gun, the cruciform is not connected the the rest mechanism correctly. You should be able to see where it connects at the 6:00 tab of the cruciform in your picture.

Can you elaborate? And this is a Gen 5, there are no "S" springs if that is what you are looking for (just for clarity sake)

Airborne Infantryman
11-13-17, 18:50
Can you elaborate? And this is a Gen 5, there are no "S" springs if that is what you are looking for (just for clarity sake)

The trigger return spring isn't installed correctly. I highly doubt it left Glock like that, but I could be wrong. That, or someone at the gun shop disassembled your gun and didn't reassemble it correctly before you bought it.

cqbdriver
11-13-17, 19:02
Look at 8th photo here:

http://www.gunsandtactics.com/the-new-glock-17-19-gen-5

clb
11-13-17, 19:03

Take a look at this pic of the comparison between gens. The front tab of the gen 5 cruciform slips into a hook on the reset spring assembly. Yours is not installed properly.

eternal24k
11-13-17, 19:21
The trigger return spring isn't installed correctly. I highly doubt it left Glock like that, but I could be wrong. That, or someone at the gun shop disassembled your gun and didn't reassemble it correctly before you bought it.

Well this was the case. I went ahead and just took it apart, I'm not familiar with Gen5s, so the issue was not obvious to me, but the little metal tab was not engaging with the trigger bar (what CIB was trying to tell me).
Really frustrating that it came from the shop that way, I am sure there are plenty folks out there that will just load it and sit it next to the bed assuming it works....

Nice thing is that the trigger pull is a lot better now that it is put together correctly, I was starting to think I mis-remembered the shelf model I tried prior to ordering mine

clb
11-13-17, 19:41
A lot of the mechanics of the gen 5 are somewhat different than previous gens. The reset assembly being a big one. Unfourtunately there are a lot of "certified armorers" and the like out there pulling these guns apart. If they don't put them back together correctly, this is what can happen.

I'm not saying it didn't come from the factory that way, but it is highly unlikely. The Gen 5 guns ARE being shot at the factory. According to Glock, they are even "calibrating" the sights by installing the correct height rear sight for the individual guns point of impact.

L-2
11-13-17, 21:02
Here's a photo of my G43, which has a similarly configured trigger mechanism to the G19Gen5 for folks wanting to see yet another photo of what's going on.

I've also got a G19Gen5 here at home, but too busy to take a photo and edit-in a red circle right now.

HD1911
11-15-17, 08:12

^^^THIS