PDA

View Full Version : For you baseball fans

platoonDaddy
11-14-17, 03:56
For sure he looks like Michael Jackson

Sammy Sosa's bizarre transformation - Now a White Hispanic!

Ever since he retired in 2009, each year has seen his skin get lighter in complexion. He has admitted that he uses skin bleaching cream regularly.

“It’s a bleaching cream that I apply before going to bed and whitens my skin some,” Sosa said.

“It’s a cream that I have, that I use to soften [my skin], but has bleached me some. I’m not a racist, I live my life happily.

“What happened was that I had been using the cream for a long time and that, combined with the bright TV lights, made my face look whiter than it really is. I don’t think I look like Michael Jackson.”

check out the pictures:
http://www.wmal.com/2017/11/13/sammy-sosas-bizarre-transformation-now-a-white-hispanic/

elephant
11-14-17, 06:28
Its not just him, I read something just a few days ago about how from 2007-2016 a lot of African Americans were trying to adapt a "European skin tone". Most notable was Rhianna, Lil Kim, Nikki Minaj and Beyoncé. Apparently a lot of women do this because of being called "ebony" and "dark chocolate" by males and it was not taken as a good thing- Marie Claire magazine. Right now, skin bleaching is huge in Asia as well as "westernizing eyelid lifts".

http://www.newsweek.com/sammy-sosa-skin-bleaching-lightening-636516

This talks about why Sammy Sosa and a lot of people of color choose to bleach there skin.

Averageman
11-14-17, 08:05
Well, damn..
I think he looked a lot better before they put the cream in the coffee.

Kain
11-14-17, 12:45
Brings up a topic a girl friend of mine brought up a few years back bout being pale becoming a thing and being tan kind of going away a bit. Got brought up since I can tan dark as hell and she was like vamp pale. Also remember that arsenic wipes used to be used to get pale complexion back in the day. Like wild west days. Trends ebb and flow, what is old is new.