PDA

View Full Version : S&W M&P 45 4"

POF.Ops
10-11-08, 00:51
I asked my local dealer to find me a S&W M&P 45 4" about two weeks ago and he still can't find one. Anyone know what is going on with these? Why are they apparently so hard to find? Or is he not looking very hard? TIA.

DJK
10-11-08, 05:00
Which model are you looking for? There is a least two on GunBroker. One is from Grant with night sights and a good price.

John Fettes
10-11-08, 12:47
I wonder if you can buy one from S&W direct with an ultimate use affidavit?

John

Dedpoet
10-11-08, 13:12
There sure are a lot of private sale unfired M&P's on Gunbroker right now priced near MSRP. I wonder if people are buying them from dealers, mailing in the rebates, and selling as "brand new, never fired" at near what they paid. That would be lame.

POF.Ops
10-11-08, 23:44
I want a black 4" w/thumb safety. Might even consider FDE. I have a credit at my local gun store that will cover the cost, that is why I want to go through them. However, he can't seem to locate one. I think I'll call S&W directly on Monday and take a look on Gunbroker. I would prefer to go through Grant because he is a sponsor plus has fair prices. Thanks for the responses.

POF.Ops
10-16-08, 23:55
Well after a little prodding on my part my dealer called me today to tell me the M&P .45 4" I want is there. It seems they don't stock as many guns anymore because of "the economy". Now I am getting emails with the "Assault Weapons Ban Reauthorization Act of 2008". We are f**ked my friends if Obama bin Laden is elected. They are already ramping up for his eventual win with crap like this.

And I just ordered a 10 pack of 30rd mags from Bravocompany. YMMV.