PDA

View Full Version : Justice isn't completely dead

Dist. Expert 26
11-15-17, 11:33
A military appeals court found ex-Commandant James Amos guilty of unlawful command influence in the case of the snipers from 3/2 urinating on dead Taliban fighters. This is a huge victory for those involved in the case, and in my opinion, anyone unfortunate enough to serve under this POS.

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/nov/10/james-amos-found-guilty-unlawful-command-influence/

Averageman
11-15-17, 11:41
It's good to see that worked out.

ABNAK
11-15-17, 12:56
Isn't he the one who wasn't really a Marine at the start, i.e. transferred over from the Navy as a flyboy?

Dist. Expert 26
11-15-17, 13:25
Isn't he the one who wasn't really a Marine at the start, i.e. transferred over from the Navy as a flyboy?

The very same. He never even attended TBS. He was pretty much Obama in uniform.

Averageman
11-15-17, 13:53
I have to ask, at this point how could this possibilly repair or compensate the loss these guys experienced?
A guy at that level and in that position should have known better and stayed out of playing politocs.
On the other hand never take pictures.

Dist. Expert 26
11-15-17, 13:56
I have to ask, at this point how could this possibilly repair or compensate the loss these guys experienced?
A guy at that level and in that position should have known better and stayed out of playing politocs.
On the other hand never take pictures.

Updating their discharges to honorable, restoring lost rank and reimbursing legal fees would be a good start.

Beyond that, maybe ten minutes alone with Amos?

Agreed on the pictures though. Never crate evidence against yourself.

TAZ
11-15-17, 16:12
Amos should be recalled and court martialed. If found guilty of the crime, have his rank reduced and pay adjusted back to the day the crime was committed. Assets could be seized to make up the difference.

Averageman
11-15-17, 17:53
Updating their discharges to honorable, restoring lost rank and reimbursing legal fees would be a good start.
After the Bergdahl fiasco the reality of the situation is these guys were punished to a different set of standards and that dog don't hunt.

Dist. Expert 26
11-15-17, 19:59
Amos should be recalled and court martialed. If found guilty of the crime, have his rank reduced and pay adjusted back to the day the crime was committed. Assets could be seized to make up the difference.

There's already talk of taking his 4th star away over the fact that he lied about attending TBS to Congress. I'd love to see him burn. He cut the balls off of the Marine Corps for pretty much my entire enlistment.

glocktogo
11-15-17, 20:18
Amos was the proverbial turd in a punchbowl. Worst. Commandant. Ever. :(

Coal Dragger
11-15-17, 20:24
Gay mos was very bad from what I’ve heard. Glad I got out before his idiocy.

26 Inf
11-16-17, 15:04
Prisoner kills inmate who beat infant daughter to death

Authorities said a man serving a life sentence for murdering his two-day-old baby was found dead in his U.K. prison cell over the weekend.

Liam Deane, 22, who was jailed in October for punching, shaking and squeezing his baby girl to death after she wouldn't stop crying, was found dead in his cell at HM Prison Leeds in England on Sunday, The Yorkshire Evening Post reported.

Deane admitted to murdering his daughter, Luna, while her mother was sleeping in their family home in Wakefield, England, last July.
As a result, Deane was sentenced to life in prison and could have served a minimum of 10 years.

Another inmate, John Westland, 28, was charged with Deane's murder in court on Tuesday and is being held in custody. It remains unclear why Westland was originally admitted to jail.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/prisoner-kills-inmate-beat-infant-174030668.html

Read the comments, most folks get it.

Dist. Expert 26
11-16-17, 15:12

Authorities said a man serving a life sentence for murdering his two-day-old baby was found dead in his U.K. prison cell over the weekend.

Liam Deane, 22, who was jailed in October for punching, shaking and squeezing his baby girl to death after she wouldn't stop crying, was found dead in his cell at HM Prison Leeds in England on Sunday, The Yorkshire Evening Post reported.

Deane admitted to murdering his daughter, Luna, while her mother was sleeping in their family home in Wakefield, England, last July.
As a result, Deane was sentenced to life in prison and could have served a minimum of 10 years.

Another inmate, John Westland, 28, was charged with Deane's murder in court on Tuesday and is being held in custody. It remains unclear why Westland was originally admitted to jail.

This is what I hope for in every case regarding crimes against children. I hope his death was agonizing and painful beyond measure.

dwhitehorne
11-16-17, 17:38
Beyond that, maybe ten minutes alone with Amos?

Put them in the gear locker and shut the door. It always worked in Platoon 1099. :cool:

Coal Dragger
11-16-17, 23:20

Sounds like Mr. John Westland should have his prior conviction reconsidered, and get an early release if he’s been well behaved. For services rendered to humanity.