PDA

View Full Version : Are UMC Company .40 s&w reloads!?

Wolf.545 x .39
11-16-17, 15:22
I bought 2 boxes of these in 1994. 100 rounds. These These are not hollow points. On the yellow box it says Union Metallic Cartridge Company Remington Arms Company, Inc. These are 180 grain metal case rounds. Are these ok to shoot through my 2nd gen Glock 22 at the range or should I just trash them?? All other ammo I have are top notch hollow points mostly in 165 grain. I just don't want to damage my only pistol which is also my carry gun. I know it sounds stupid but does metal case mean steel case?? Just making sure! Thanks

T2C
11-16-17, 16:38
UMC factory loads are not reloads. Did you buy the ammunition from a reputable vendor? A box store? If you purchased new factory ammunition, not reloads, you should be good to go. Open the box. The cases should be brass. All the cartridges in the box should be identical. If anything looks like it's been tampered with, don't take any chances. When in doubt, throw it out.

We shot semi-trailer loads of 180g UMC .40 S&W through our Glocks without any issues at work.

Wolf.545 x .39
11-16-17, 17:25
UMC factory loads are not reloads. Did you buy the ammunition from a reputable vendor? A box store? If you purchased new factory ammunition, not reloads, you should be good to go. Open the box. The cases should be brass. All the cartridges in the box should be identical. If anything looks like it's been tampered with, don't take any chances. When in doubt, throw it out.

We shot semi-trailer loads of 180g UMC .40 S&W through our Glocks without any issues at work.

Yeah it was a reputable store. Weird looking box but all rounds look identical and brass. I'm gonna ask when I go to the range the next time I go. My carry load is Winchester 165 grain Ranger T and Remington 165 grain Golden Saber non bonded. Both feed very well.

Diamondback
11-16-17, 18:01
UMC's one of Remington's lines, IIRC.

kerplode
11-16-17, 18:47
UMC = Remington's value line. Similar to Winchester's White Box.
Metal Case = Full Metal Jacket Bullet. It's odd terminology, but it is referring to the bullet. As you've seen, the cartridge cases are brass.

Since you purchased them new from a reputable store, they are almost certainly safe and good to go. Shoot 'em up!

TexHill
11-16-17, 18:59
By law, all reloaded ammunition made for retail sale must be clearly marked as such.

ggammell
11-16-17, 19:58
Shoot the piss out of them. I’ve run a bunch of UMc .40 through my glocks.

jaholder
11-16-17, 20:27
Shoot them , they're manufactured by Remington.

Wolf.545 x .39
11-16-17, 22:00
UMC = Remington's value line. Similar to Winchester's White Box.
Metal Case = Full Metal Jacket Bullet. It's odd terminology, but it is referring to the bullet. As you've seen, the cartridge cases are brass.

Since you purchased them new from a reputable store, they are almost certainly safe and good to go. Shoot 'em up!

OK thats good to know because I don't stick up on pistol ammo too much. I might buy a 9 millimeter something as I approach age 50.