PDA

View Full Version : Embedded in Iraq wiith a Cav unit, videos online

gunwriter
10-11-08, 12:33
Tired of all the liberal BS spouted by the liberal left wing media about the situation in Iraq, I decided to go there and see what was actually happening. I embedded with the 3/7th Cav summer of 2007 during the surge in the Adhamiya District of Baghdad.

When I returned G&A TV did a two part series on what it was like over there.

Both segments are now available on-line at www.tacticalgunfan.com

direct link to part 1 is
http://www.tacticalgunfan.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=320

direct link to part 2 is
http://www.tacticalgunfan.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=327&Itemid=74

Also, www.tacticalgunfan.com is the sister site to the new TV show Tactical Impact. Video segments from the show will also be available at this site.

cobra90gt
10-11-08, 13:38
Nice footage.

Iraqgunz
10-11-08, 13:41
You must be David Fortier?

gunwriter
10-11-08, 15:14
Yes sir.

photosniper
10-11-08, 17:57
Nice work David. I happened upon the first episode while surfing a couple nights ago. Glad to see the second part, though they should have given you more than 3 minutes to show your photos and video.
I was working on getting embedded with one of our local units heading over in January, but with the current state of our newspaper (and newspapers in general) I couldn't get the funding to go.

gunwriter
10-11-08, 20:31
Getting permission is very difficult, took me 11 months with a standing invite from the Squadon CO to get the paper work through. Then the plane ticket was not cheap. Once you are with your unit though you are good to go.

I would have like more time to talk, but was glad that my company supported me as much as they did and made this happen. They did a great job of taking hours of raw random footage (shot for my personal use) and turning it into this with my still images.

Glad people got to see what our troops are accomplishing through their sacrifice and hard work.

KACSR15
10-11-08, 20:34
Not to hijack a thread but I have been looking for stuff like this. Up until now the best documentary I have see so far is hosted by British actor Ross Kemp when he came to Afghanistan for several months last year. Unedited, unsensored, it's very good and I highly recommend it if you have access to it.

Macksmaint01
10-11-08, 20:45
Bravo! Having been there for 7 months in 2003 I would say they you made a very accurate presentation. Bravo!

Shark
10-11-08, 22:24
David,

Very nice article, and TV show.
Bravo Zulu!

Shark out.

mattjmcd
10-13-08, 11:21
Good stuff, David. Thanks for the post. :)