PDA

View Full Version : Opening new shop in NOVA

A.C.E.S. Tactical
11-19-17, 08:26
So as some of you may know, I left Specdive Tactical. I am now in the process of opening my own shop in NOVA. As of Friday, we got Zoning done, occupancy permit, Corporation paperwork back, FFL sent off. We have some BIG accounts that are waiting finalization, and ordering has started. My work shop area is now 1800sqft, and machines are ready to be placed. Have added 6 new machines that will help in the finishing/bluing side. Bluing and Parkerizing tanks are ready. Airwall/paint booth is ordered. Monday we start demo of some of the offices that are not needed. Showcases came from the Nordstrom’s that was closed (very expensive, heavily built) Signage is being done next week. We will announce the grand opening when we get the FFL in hand. Look for update over the next 4-5 wks....

A.C.E.S. Tactical
12-01-17, 13:41
SOO, we are moving forward fast. As i type, the Architect is finalizing the drawings for the build out. I will update next week as to when we should be opening. ATF has our application and just waiting for them to grant the FFL.

A.C.E.S. Tactical
12-19-17, 12:06
So, 95% of demo is done, POS system inbound, distributors set up, security doors and bars going in, alarm system active, camera system going in next week. Build out starts right after Christmas. Still waiting on ATF, but that should be any day.

SHIVAN
12-19-17, 13:42
Never heard of Specdive Tactical, and where in NoVA is this new shop going to be?

HeruMew
12-19-17, 13:55
Not in NOVA,

But you sound like a standup company trying to build a presence in the community.

Please keep us posted. Even for those of us not in NOVA, if offering deals with shipping, I am sure you will garner a following here.

jpmuscle
12-19-17, 14:29
Good stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A.C.E.S. Tactical
12-19-17, 15:28
We will have an online store and we will ship to any FFL. We will be located off of Rt 66, exit 44. We are 1/2 mike from Elite shooting sports indoor range, and within 2-3 exits of 3 well known outdoor shooting ranges/ clubs. Looking like early January we will do a soft open. Once I get back from SHOT Show and SCI ( Safari Club Int) Show, we will be doing a grand opening. As soon as the internet is up and running at the shop, I will let you all know the site and other info.

themonk
12-19-17, 16:48
Following

sidewaysil80
12-19-17, 17:36
I live in Warrenton just past Gainesville, this is cool news. I typically use Triune for all my inbound FFL's but you sound like you would be more convenient based on location. I very much look forward to your grand opening. Also, someone recommended SPEC Dive for 1911 work, will you be offering any 1911 specific gunsmithing (not armorer) on the premises? Best of luck!

A.C.E.S. Tactical
12-19-17, 18:22
Yes. I was the gunsmith at Specdive. I will be spending more time doing 1911 work. We will be doing mild to full custom where you will sit down with me and we will design your gun.

themonk
12-19-17, 18:28
Example of some of ACES 1911 handywork:
https://i.imgur.com/7FGpRAT.jpg?1

I essentially wanted to replicate this 10-8 gun:
https://i.imgur.com/qnAWKfd.jpg

I went a different route with the trigger and we flush cut the barrel along with a reverse crown. Love that gun!

sidewaysil80
12-19-17, 18:30
Yes. I was the gunsmith at Specdive. I will be spending more time doing 1911 work. We will be doing mild to full custom where you will sit down with me and we will design your gun.

Great news! You should post some of your work on 1911addicts.com , there are a lot of 1911 aficionados in the NoVA area.

A.C.E.S. Tactical
12-30-17, 11:10
Just so you all know, we are looking at buying a rifling machine. We have a stock duplicator ordered, but we want to be 100% full service. At the shop now finishing a last minute demo to prep for rewire of the shop and retail area. Have a Great and safe New Year.

Nightstalker865
12-30-17, 15:05
Example of some of ACES 1911 handywork:
https://i.imgur.com/7FGpRAT.jpg?1

That is beautiful!

themonk
12-30-17, 16:09
Here is some more of his handiwork:

Myself, Jim and another buddy put together a few rifles for charity (SOC-F). We wanted the guns to be rifles we would actually use. With the help of some great companies like Geissele, DD, Magpul, SMOS, SureFire, Vortex, Tactical Distributors we were able to build some kick ass rifles.

When we were doing the build I had donated a GFY upper and lower set from SMOS. Companies were sending in the their donations and Geissele sent us their brand new mk14 which had just been released. Because of the upper anti-rotation tabs on the mk14 you can't use a billet upper reciver. Jim was unfazed. In 5 min had measured and thrown the upper in the mill and created this:
https://i.imgur.com/eZungen.jpg?2
A perfectly mated SMOS upper reciver and Geissele rail.

I was able to convince him to work on an older Arsenal AK74 I had. It had already gone in for a barrel cut down and Bolten block. My goal was to add a triangle folding stock and rethread it so i could run a can on it. Jim proceed to fully disassemble the Arsenal, rebuild it from the ground up with a 14.5 pinned with a 51T battlecomp, cut in for the folding stock, parkerize the whole gun, acuraise it and then cerakote with a dark burnt bronze:
https://i.imgur.com/5tOGXvC.jpg

To update the sling swivel he cut out the old swivel and welded in a Magpul QD mount (looks like it came that way from russia):
https://i.imgur.com/n1hBpMb.jpg

Now it's an MOA gun with Silver Bear:
https://i.imgur.com/dtSZLrg.jpg

To say I was blown away was an understatement. He essentially built me my dream AK.

jpmuscle
12-30-17, 16:28
Did the shop location get published yet?

A.C.E.S. Tactical
01-02-18, 16:16
Not yet. We are trying to finish build out at the moment. We have run into some issues with permits, but have just gotten word that they are approved. Demo is done and rewiring the whole building is going on as i type. I can tell you that we are off of the 66 at exit 44. Alot has gone into this project, money, time, sweat, anger, and happiness. This is an experience that will be worth it once done. I will be at SHOT show and SCI (Safari Club International) to get all of my ordering done. We will have guns in stock that NO ONE else will, due to connections of mine and my business partner. We will have a certified armorer on duty everyday that will be able to do all of the armorer level work customers need. He is starting his courses in February and will be going to Colt, Glock, Beretta, Springfield, S&W, Remington, Benelli, HK, FNH, SIG, Mossberg, and Ruger. We will also have a sales staff with intimate knowledge of the gun industry. My goal is to make sure that my company gives the highest customer service at the best prices coupled with good to great turn around times for gunsmithing and customer orders. We are looking at a Grand Opening of Early February, due to the permit issues that came up last week. We are within 2 wks of ATF approval, and then the fun (and long hours) begin. Once I have a set date for the Grand Opening, I will post it here so any of you that can come, will.

Furbyballer
02-05-18, 21:11
We are moving to Herndon in 5 weeks. Where exactly is your shop? It looks like NOVA armament is the real close to us. Thats not you guys right?

A.C.E.S. Tactical
02-07-18, 11:05
ADDRESS;

C&R Firearms, Ltd
12185 Balls Ford Rd.
Manassas, VA 20109

We are hoping to open by March 1st. We are 75-80% finished with the whole shop. The next two weeks will be the final push. We are waiting on final sign off by Prince William Co. with permits and zoning update. Feel free to stop by while we are finishing.

themonk
02-07-18, 12:47
ADDRESS;

C&R Firearms, Ltd
12185 Balls Ford Rd.
Manassas, VA 20109

So you're right down the street from Elite Shooting Sports?

A.C.E.S. Tactical
02-08-18, 10:28
YES, .4 miles door to door.

Furbyballer
02-10-18, 15:03
Was checking out ESS and several other indoor ranges in the area and stopped by today; door was locked and I didn't see anyone. Let us know when the store front is ready to rock and Ill swing by again when im headed over to ESS. Gotta admit, I was underwhelmed with my gun shop options in the NOVA area so looking at the work Monk posted im hopeful that your little shop will be what I need. I got spoiled being down in Jax in FL and having gun gallery and so many awesome outdoor and indoor ranges around.

BrigandTwoFour
02-10-18, 17:42
I'm not sure how many you've hit. I haven't been by ESS, so I can't comment on it. I live fairly close to SEG (Silver Eagle Group), crowded but workable.

Best shop I've been in is still VA Arms down in Manassas.

Indoor ranges seem to be about all there is around here. I miss my outdoor ranges out west in the Rockies. At some point, I may venture over the border to WV where there are some outdoor spots up to a few hundred yards at 340 Defense, and the PNTC.

Nightstalker865
02-10-18, 18:19
Elite Shooting Sports is a very nice indoor range. Their rules are also quite reasonable. I look forward to checking out the new shop. As others have stated, the options in NOVA are pretty slim!

Furbyballer
02-10-18, 20:17
I'm not sure how many you've hit. I haven't been by ESS, so I can't comment on it. I live fairly close to SEG (Silver Eagle Group), crowded but workable.

Indoor ranges seem to be about all there is around here. I miss my outdoor ranges out west in the Rockies. At some point, I may venture over the border to WV where there are some outdoor spots up to a few hundred yards at 340 Defense, and the PNTC.

Yea we hit up SEG today as well. It was very crowded. The 100 yds indoor range at ESS is why I drove the 30 mins from Herndon to check it out. SEG is less than a 15 min drive for me so likely ill end up going there more often than not.

sidewaysil80
02-10-18, 20:55

This x100. Robb Jensen is a great dude and one of the best AR-15 armorers I've dealt with. As far as ranges I typically use the Fairfax Rod and Gun Club in Manassas and Peacemaker in WV. The Rod and Gun Club has public IDPA matches which are very good. Peacemaker is where I get my rifle itch whether it be 2-gun (pistol/carbine) or long range stuff.

Wake27
02-10-18, 21:44
So as some of you may know, I left Specdive Tactical. I am now in the process of opening my own shop in NOVA. As of Friday, we got Zoning done, occupancy permit, Corporation paperwork back, FFL sent off. We have some BIG accounts that are waiting finalization, and ordering has started. My work shop area is now 1800sqft, and machines are ready to be placed. Have added 6 new machines that will help in the finishing/bluing side. Bluing and Parkerizing tanks are ready. Airwall/paint booth is ordered. Monday we start demo of some of the offices that are not needed. Showcases came from the Nordstrom’s that was closed (very expensive, heavily built) Signage is being done next week. We will announce the grand opening when we get the FFL in hand. Look for update over the next 4-5 wks....

Just so happens that I need some work done on a Noveske upper. I moved out of the area a few years ago but head back that way every now and then to visit family. I'd rather have work done at a shop that I'll eventually go to than at some random place from the internet. If you'll accept the upper in the mail and plan on having rail swap and pin/weld services available, let me know.

Robb Jensen
02-11-18, 13:07
Jim gave me a tour of the shop today. It’s gonna be really nice!

Diamondback
02-11-18, 14:01
From the opposite end of the country, wishing you a successful venture. :)

A.C.E.S. Tactical
02-11-18, 14:48
Great to see you Robb. Hope to be opening soon.

Stickman
02-11-18, 17:03
When we were doing the build I had donated a GFY upper and lower set from SMOS. Companies were sending in the their donations and Geissele sent us their brand new mk14 which had just been released. Because of the upper anti-rotation tabs on the mk14 you can't use a billet upper reciver. Jim was unfazed. In 5 min had measured and thrown the upper in the mill and created this:
https://i.imgur.com/eZungen.jpg?2

Makes me wonder why rail/ receiver combos aren't available like that. That is good looking work.

SSGGlock
02-11-18, 20:05
Glad I stumbled upon this thread. Down in Woodbridge, I’m wife is going to hate you.

Furbyballer
02-22-18, 20:19
You guys going to meet your goal of opening up around 1st of march?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

A.C.E.S. Tactical
03-01-18, 12:39
No way to open by March 1. Still waiting on Prince William Co. to sign off on the permits and inspection. ATF interview went excellent, so now we wait for that coveted piece of paperwork.

SSGGlock
03-13-18, 20:55
Any word on the Grand Opening?

A.C.E.S. Tactical
03-14-18, 14:06
Just met with NOVEC power to have 220 3phase power installed in building. That will be the last part of the electrical upgrades. Prince William Co. should be out to do inspection next week. FFL is 2 weeks out. Hoping for an April Grand opening. I'm ready to start working on guns, not buildings........

Furbyballer
03-20-18, 15:24
Just met with NOVEC power to have 220 3phase power installed in building. That will be the last part of the electrical upgrades. Prince William Co. should be out to do inspection next week. FFL is 2 weeks out. Hoping for an April Grand opening. I'm ready to start working on guns, not buildings........

Nice, should be just about the time my centurion c4 upper comes in and I need to get a warcomp pinned.

A.C.E.S. Tactical
03-27-18, 10:01
GLOCK rep here today to set us up as dealers. Yes we will be a Blue Label dealer as soon as we can.

Wake27
03-27-18, 12:44
GLOCK rep here today to set us up as dealers. Yes we will be a Blue Label dealer as soon as we can.

Nice, need more of those in NoVA.

Nightstalker865
03-27-18, 16:43
Nice, need more of those in NoVA.

No kidding!

SSGGlock
03-27-18, 20:24

YES!!!!! When’s the Grand Opening, with free beer and brats. :cool:

A.C.E.S. Tactical
03-28-18, 09:08
WHAT? YOUR bringing FREE BEER AND BRATS to our Grand Opening? You are the man!

jpmuscle
03-28-18, 09:22

Ok. I lold

SSGGlock
04-02-18, 12:30

LOL, I'm saving my money to buy a gun from you.

Furbyballer
04-02-18, 19:30
So what's the timeline looking like now?

A.C.E.S. Tactical
04-04-18, 11:22
WELL, with all the final stuff getting done this week and next, the HOPE is to open May 1st.with the Grand opening on the 4th-6th (weekend) I will know more by Tuesday next week and let all of you know.

A.C.E.S. Tactical
04-05-18, 11:17
BTW- we will be taking consignment guns in once we open. Our consignment fee will be the lowest in the area at 10%. Most other places in NOVA charge a minimum of 15%. We feel that our customers deserve as much return on there gun sale as possible, so a low consign fee is appropriate.

SSGGlock
04-05-18, 19:54
WELL, with all the final stuff getting done this week and next, the HOPE is to open May 1st.with the Grand opening on the 4th-6th (weekend) I will know more by Tuesday next week and let all of you know.

Great news, outstanding.

A.C.E.S. Tactical
04-11-18, 11:28
FINALLY!!!! The new sign is now up on the front of the building.............Power for the shop will be done by next Friday! Still waiting for the ATF /FFL paperwork to show up. Finishing the security bars for front windows this week.

Diamondback
04-11-18, 11:35
FINALLY!!!! The new sign is now up on the front of the building.............Power for the shop will be done by next Friday! Still waiting for the ATF /FFL paperwork to show up. Finishing the security bars for front windows this week.

Already got your front door reinforced, maybe some vehicle barriers? Here in the Northwet, the hot new scumbag trick is to just crash a car through the doors... Quantico Tactical around Tacoma Mall got popped within the past month, and a few years ago back when they were in the old Ponders/JBLM Gate location got hit by similar methods.

If I had money and was setting up a shop, I'd want two or three steel I-beams sunk vertically in that area, solid enough, anchored deep enough and spaced such that there'd be no way to get a vehicle through 'em... maybe rig 'em to hold a bench for cover. Or for a more "inoffensive to tudsucking-whiner yuppie neighbors" option, maybe one of those heavy-duty flowerpot barricades... Of course, my "Nothing Begets SUC-cess Like EX-cess" philosophy may be part of why I'm stuck behind a desk as a research wonk rather than engaged in more traditional businesses.

A.C.E.S. Tactical
04-12-18, 10:50
Not only do we have the front door and windows caged, we have bomb proof sheeting on the glass, 16 ultra high end video cameras watching the building inside and out, and motion detectors. As for the front being rammed. a 12" steel column is right next to the entrance. there are 3 steps up to the front door of solid concrete. The only other thing i could do is embed tire spikes in the ground in front of the bushes. We built this place so that any would be robber, would not even try. Our vault is custom made and has 3 locking systems to get through. All of the firearms will be put in the safe, in the vault, EVERY NIGHT.....Plus, Police response time is under 45 seconds (tested it out 2x by accident) and they send 2-3 cars.

Diamondback
04-12-18, 11:21
Not only do we have the front door and windows caged, we have bomb proof sheeting on the glass, 16 ultra high end video cameras watching the building inside and out, and motion detectors. As for the front being rammed. a 12" steel column is right next to the entrance. there are 3 steps up to the front door of solid concrete. The only other thing i could do is embed tire spikes in the ground in front of the bushes. We built this place so that any would be robber, would not even try. Our vault is custom made and has 3 locking systems to get through. All of the firearms will be put in the safe, in the vault, EVERY NIGHT.....Plus, Police response time is under 45 seconds (tested it out 2x by accident) and they send 2-3 cars.

NICE! I wish the bonehead rels would let me make the house that secure...

Furbyballer
04-12-18, 19:22
Baller

A.C.E.S. Tactical
04-13-18, 10:46
NO, just don't want the scum of the earth to break in and steal my shizzle!!!!!

SSGGlock
04-17-18, 21:01
I’m excited.

A.C.E.S. Tactical
04-18-18, 08:29
Just had a meeting down in Fredricksburg with Fausti USA. I can announce that we will be carrying their line of high end SxS and O/U shotguns along with a couple of their double rifles. These are Italian made, fine sporting arms that range from affordable to OH MY GOD custom made. If you want to see their line, check out www.Faustiusa.com For those of you that are upland bird/game hunters and sporting clays shooters will love these guns.

A.C.E.S. Tactical
04-24-18, 14:38
HUGE WIN TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Just got our 07 manufacturers and 08 importers FFL's in mail to day. Can almost smell the gun oil we are so close. Filling out SOT's now.

Furbyballer
04-25-18, 06:25
Awesome. With these in hand can you give us a firm date on when day to day operations will start for you guys now?

jpmuscle
04-25-18, 09:29
Sweet. I need a couple SF minis.

Gime

Furbyballer
04-25-18, 13:03
Sweet. I need a couple SF minis.

Gime

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI need 2 of these as well to match my 2 rc2s.

A.C.E.S. Tactical
05-01-18, 12:25
Just back from Vegas helping my mom with the house. ATF packages arrived with a ton of stuff. Plumbing and electrical will be finished on Wednesday. HVAC crew starts Wednesday and hope to be done by Thursday. Praying that the final inspection and sign off will happen on Friday. Going to PWC building office to submit the revised building plans today. Start ordering guns........

SSGGlock
05-01-18, 19:46
That’s great news.

A.C.E.S. Tactical
05-04-18, 12:12
Plumbing-DONE, Electrical- DONE, HVAC-60% done. SOT's sent off. Shop is close to being usable. Front window security bars-50% done. Installation of security cameras starts on Monday. We have had to push back opening due to Prince William Co. final sign off is next Friday and that we are waiting for product to show up. I will update you all ASAP.

SSGGlock
05-14-18, 18:26
Should be getting close?!

A.C.E.S. Tactical
05-14-18, 19:08
YES WE ARE!!!!!

sidewaysil80
05-14-18, 20:11
Will you be doing barrel cut downs/pin and welds? Any ETA on opening?

A.C.E.S. Tactical
05-15-18, 18:33
Yes, and pushing for Memorial Day weekend.

A.C.E.S. Tactical
05-22-18, 16:29
Now shooting for a June 1 opening. Waiting on Glock, Colt and others to show up.

SSGGlock
05-25-18, 21:37
Now shooting for a June 1 opening. Waiting on Glock, Colt and others to show up.Coming from elite tonight, saw lights on, looks like almost ready.

A.C.E.S. Tactical
05-26-18, 13:53
if lights are on, STOP. I will be working late every day till open.

SSGGlock
05-27-18, 08:09
if lights are on, STOP. I will be working late every day till open.
Sure will.

SSGGlock
06-02-18, 09:43
Heading to elite last night, saw someone locking up. Opening this weekend?

A.C.E.S. Tactical
06-02-18, 13:38
Just me going home early. Had to get out before sunset once this month.....Two permits signed off, two more to go. Have a "fresh air intake system" being installed next week.......DON'T ASK............

SSGGlock
06-04-18, 14:29
Are you going to offer NFA engraving?

Hope everything is ok with the air.

Furbyballer
06-13-18, 11:43
you guys ready to rock? Gonna be driving by your shop the end of the week.

A.C.E.S. Tactical
06-13-18, 12:35
WOOHOO!!!! just got Electrical permit final inspection signed off. ONE MORE to go on Monday. Stop by! i can show you what we are doing.

Furbyballer
06-13-18, 14:27
Nice. Guess ill see you friday.

SSGGlock
06-13-18, 21:23
Getting close to party time.

Furbyballer
06-14-18, 18:45
Stopped in today. Jim's awesome and super excited for these guys to open up.

Furbyballer
06-21-18, 07:20
WOOHOO!!!! just got Electrical permit final inspection signed off. ONE MORE to go on Monday. Stop by! i can show you what we are doing.

You guys get the roof and hvac squared away? when is the big official announcement?

sidewaysil80
06-21-18, 08:33
when is the big official announcement?

This! I’m in need of a pin/weld job and holding off on sending it out.

sidewaysil80
06-21-18, 08:35

A.C.E.S. Tactical
06-23-18, 14:43
JULY 6TH------GRAND OPENING-------
6TH-8TH will be the official grand opening. Raffles, food, drink, guns and accessories for sale.

SSGGlock
06-23-18, 21:57
JULY 6TH------GRAND OPENING-------
6TH-8TH will be the official grand opening. Raffles, food, drink, guns and accessories for sale.
Party time, party time. What time?

Furbyballer
06-24-18, 05:38
I think they told me 11 to 7 are going to be their hours...i think thats right.
Party time, party time. What time?

A.C.E.S. Tactical
06-24-18, 13:42
11-7 Tuesday-Saturday is normal hours. Grand open will be 6th-8th, 11a-7p

Furbyballer
06-24-18, 19:14
Awesome. Ill see you guys on the 6th.
11-7 Tuesday-Saturday is normal hours. Grand open will be 6th-8th, 11a-7p

A.C.E.S. Tactical
07-06-18, 17:24
YES we are OPEN. GRAND OPENING will be next weekend, the 13th-15th due to POS system issues beyond our control. We will be open Sat 7/7 and start normal hours on Tuesday the 10th. Normal hours are Tue-Sat, 11-7. We have Glocks, S&W, and Colt pistols instock and at great prices. Come check us out. Will have 3 Glock 19X available Tuesday.

SSGGlock
07-10-18, 22:47
YES we are OPEN. GRAND OPENING will be next weekend, the 13th-15th due to POS system issues beyond our control. We will be open Sat 7/7 and start normal hours on Tuesday the 10th. Normal hours are Tue-Sat, 11-7. We have Glocks, S&W, and Colt pistols instock and at great prices. Come check us out. Will have 3 Glock 19X available Tuesday.
I’m trying to make it over there, something keeps preventing it.

A.C.E.S. Tactical
07-18-18, 14:00
WE ARE OPEN-----BEST PRICES IN NOVA!!!!!!!! STOP IN!!!!!

Furbyballer
07-18-18, 18:32
WE ARE OPEN-----BEST PRICES IN NOVA!!!!!!!! STOP IN!!!!!Will stop by tomorrow evening to get my 34 and get sights installed. Got any surefire 556 gen 2 minis available from your distributor? Need 2.

jpmuscle
07-18-18, 18:45
Awesome!!!!

A.C.E.S. Tactical
07-30-18, 13:04
Hoping to see more of you soon. We have been open now for 3 weeks. Stop in, see the shop, check out the prices, drop off your gunsmithing projects.

ffhounddog
07-31-18, 12:44
Can you cut a chrome lined barrel?

A.C.E.S. Tactical
08-08-18, 13:36
YES, that can be done.

A.C.E.S. Tactical
08-13-18, 12:25
SO---where are you all??? Waiting for all of you to stop in and say hello.

themonk
08-17-18, 13:03
I was able to visit the new shop yesterday. Great selection of handguns and some high end shotguns. They also have a a nice selection of cleaning supplies and optics. There is a killer custom 1911 there I would love to grab but not in the cards for this year. They also have some pocket knives including a new Strider which is rare in these parts. It is a good time to get guns in for smith work as the wait is not crazy long yet.

All in all a great new addition to the shops in NOVA. It is also right down the street from Elite Shooting Sports.

Voodoochild
08-20-18, 18:21
This question is for A.C.E.S Tactical what outdoor ranges were you speaking of? I'm dying for some outdoor shooting. Went to the cove recently and while it is a decent place it is way out of the way. Maybe if/when they open the 600 yd range it would be more worthwhile.

Will have to stop by your shop and see what it's all about.

Wake27
08-20-18, 20:17
This question is for A.C.E.S Tactical what outdoor ranges were you speaking of? I'm dying for some outdoor shooting. Went to the cove recently and while it is a decent place it is way out of the way. Maybe if/when they open the 600 yd range it would be more worthwhile.

Will have to stop by your shop and see what it's all about.

I like the cove a lot for what it is but it would definitely be lacking as a primary shooting range. NOVA definitely needs a solid outdoor range.

themonk
08-21-18, 06:30
There is Issac Walton and Fairfax Rod and Gun Club. fxrgc is a far nicer facility IMO.

Voodoochild
08-21-18, 09:50
There is Issac Walton and Fairfax Rod and Gun Club. fxrgc is a far nicer facility IMO.

There is an Issac Walton near me but has jacked membership fees up to $400 and you have to fill out a bunch of ITAR paperwork as well. I looked at FXRGC but see it's like a 16-20 month wait for membership.

A.C.E.S. Tactical
08-21-18, 18:28
Issac Walton in Centerville is $200 and they are looking for new membership right now.

m4fun
08-30-18, 21:14
fxrgc is buku $$. IWLA (Arlington/Fairfax is in Centreville and is the best deal as ACES mentioned - $200). 25yds is the closest target so not really a pistol range, but they have indoor archery, skeet and even an indoor air rifle range.

But if you have a fun switch, Blue Ridge works for indoors otherwise it really is the Cove.

A.C.E.S. Tactical
09-05-18, 15:21
Taking in all gunsmithing. I have open space in the racks. We also have what we think are the best prices on guns in NOVA.

Wake27
09-05-18, 22:31
Taking in all gunsmithing. I have open space in the racks. We also have what we think are the best prices on guns in NOVA.

Can't remember if I've asked this, will you guys re-profile a government barrel so that its closer to a LW? Either that or flute it.

sidewaysil80
09-06-18, 05:49
Do you guys do FFL transfers?

Furbyballer
09-06-18, 06:18
Do you guys do FFL transfers?Yea they do and have good prices. I have had several things transferred in through them.

Wake27
09-06-18, 09:30
Do you guys do FFL transfers?

One of the other threads around here said something like $20 for the first one and $5 for every additional transfer from the same manufacturer, I think.

sidewaysil80
09-06-18, 11:13
Awesome!

A.C.E.S. Tactical
09-10-18, 14:10
One of the other threads around here said something like $20 for the first one and $5 for every additional transfer from the same manufacturer, I think.

YES, that is true. $20 first gun, $5 every gun after that from same shipper. If you buy from two different places, 2x $20, if you get 10 guns from one place, 1@$20, 9@$5

longshot2000
10-30-18, 09:32
Jim, just called your shop. Always need good neighbors in NOVA

A.C.E.S. Tactical
11-21-18, 15:50
HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all of you. We will be open on Friday and Saturday and will have BLACK FRIDAY PRICES. We now are a Master Dealer for Black Point Tactical Holsters. Standard hours are 11-7 Tuesday-Saturday.

SSGGlock
02-07-19, 20:15
Are you currently doing 1911 gunsmithing, need front and back straps checkered. If so what’s the turn around Time?

Wake27
02-07-19, 21:56
Are you currently doing 1911 gunsmithing, need front and back straps checkered. If so what’s the turn around Time?

I was in there today picking up an 870 that needed fixing. I asked about 1911s and while I didn’t ask lead times or specifically make sure they would accept work right now, the guys answers made it seem like they weren’t turning them away. My 870 was turned around pretty fast too, maybe a week. Obviously not nearly as labor intensive, but I was worried it’d take 3-4 weeks.

jpmuscle
02-07-19, 22:01
RmR Glock milling I assume?

A.C.E.S. Tactical
02-08-19, 23:08
Yes I am doing 1911 work. Feel Free to stop in with it and lets get it to where you want it.

A.C.E.S. Tactical
02-08-19, 23:10
Yes we are milling RMRs