PDA

View Full Version : One Border patrol Agent dead, another seriously wounded.

Averageman
11-19-17, 12:05
http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2017/11/19/border-patrol-agent-killed-another-serious-condition-texas/

We do know that two Border Patrol agents working as partners in the Van Horn Station area of responsibility of the Big Bend Sector responded to “activity.” Whether the activity was an activated sensor or something else is currently unknown. This occurred on the morning of Sunday, November 19, 2017.

One of the Border Patrol agents later radioed in to the communication center saying that he needed assistance and that he was injured. Other Border Patrol agents responded and found one agent injured and unconscious with injuries to his head and body. That agent, Rogelio Martinez, was later pronounced dead. Breitbart has learned that the agent’s family has been notified.

It never ends, does it?

Adding this link that seems to have many stories originating in Mexico;
http://www.borderlandbeat.com/

pinzgauer
11-19-17, 12:41
http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2017/11/19/border-patrol-agent-killed-another-serious-condition-texas/

We do know that two Border Patrol agents working as partners in the Van Horn Station area of responsibility of the Big Bend Sector responded to “activity.” Whether the activity was an activated sensor or something else is currently unknown. This occurred on the morning of Sunday, November 19, 2017.

One of the Border Patrol agents later radioed in to the communication center saying that he needed assistance and that he was injured. Other Border Patrol agents responded and found one agent injured and unconscious with injuries to his head and body. That agent, Rogelio Martinez, was later pronounced dead. Breitbart has learned that the agent’s family has been notified.

It never ends, does it?

Adding this link that seems to have many stories originating in Mexico;
http://www.borderlandbeat.com/R.I.P Trooper... I feel for these guys. Some of those areas are very desolate, and apparently have minimal back up and really sucky Rules of Engagement.

RioGrandeGreen
11-19-17, 18:46
Early word is possible ambush by dopers.

Averageman
11-19-17, 19:00
I grew up in Eastern Arizona in the 1970's. it's always had it's dangers, but I can't imagine what it would be like now.
I'm not sure how secure I would feel about riding motorcycles around the desert in that area anymore.
Perhaps to make a point, portraits of LEO'a who have died protecting our border should be painted on Trump's wall.

ABNAK
11-19-17, 19:05
There was one incident when Bush deployed the NG to the border where a group of AK-wielding crossers (likely drug cartel members) approached a NG unit in a "military fashion" by spreading out and attmepting to flank them. The response, because of the ROE, led to the NG unit withdrawing. Should have killed every motherf***er among them.

Stickman
11-19-17, 19:55
Odds are, main stream news won’t bother to cover it, or if they do, it will be just a blurb. ��

Averageman
11-19-17, 20:06
Odds are, main stream news won’t bother to cover it, or if they do, it will be just a blurb. ��
If you want the public to understand the necessity of that wall you need to attach the names of the LEO's who died standing watch over the border and gave their lives to keep American Citizens safe.

gunnerblue
11-19-17, 20:09
There was one incident when Bush deployed the NG to the border where a group of AK-wielding crossers (likely drug cartel members) approached a NG unit in a "military fashion" by spreading out and attmepting to flank them. The response, because of the ROE, led to the NG unit withdrawing. Should have killed every motherf***er among them.

They, the Guard units, were most likely unarmed. None of the ones I ever saw were armed and were used for surveillance and construction.

gunnerblue
11-19-17, 20:10
R.I.P Trooper... I feel for these guys. Some of those areas are very desolate, and apparently have minimal back up and really sucky Rules of Engagement.

Yes, yes and not really in my opinion.

NYH1
11-19-17, 22:38
That sucks big time.

NYH1.

thepatriot2705
11-19-17, 23:53
http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2017/11/19/exclusive-illegal-aliens-killed-border-agent-crushing-face-skull-rocks-says-nbpc/

Exclusive details have emerged on the early morning attack against Border Patrol agents that left one agent dead and another hospitalized in serious condition on November, 19 2017. Breitbart Texas first broke the news of the death and injuries and now the National Border Patrol Council (NBPC) says that their agents on the ground have stated that the agents were tracking a group of illegal aliens who then beat the agents with rocks until one was killed and the other hospitalized.

ABNAK
11-20-17, 05:43
http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2017/11/19/exclusive-illegal-aliens-killed-border-agent-crushing-face-skull-rocks-says-nbpc/

Exclusive details have emerged on the early morning attack against Border Patrol agents that left one agent dead and another hospitalized in serious condition on November, 19 2017. Breitbart Texas first broke the news of the death and injuries and now the National Border Patrol Council (NBPC) says that their agents on the ground have stated that the agents were tracking a group of illegal aliens who then beat the agents with rocks until one was killed and the other hospitalized.

They just want a better life.......:rolleyes:

Whiskey_Bravo
11-20-17, 07:04
They just want a better life.......:rolleyes:

They totally won't commit any more crimes when they get here.

Averageman
11-20-17, 07:38
Being beat to death with stones has to be a miserable way to go.
I think it's about time to use some less than PC tactics against these guys and put some real pressure on Mexico and it's leadership.

HeruMew
11-20-17, 08:26
Hopefully we will see some Executive Actions taken to help avoid this from reoccurring.

Ultimately, I think if we had an armed, coordinated, and less restricted ROE, it would be less of an issue.

We'd see some skirmishes, occasionally, but at least incidents like this wouldn't come up nearly as often.

gunnerblue
11-20-17, 08:36
The Patrol is constantly admonished in considering brandished rocks as deadly weapons. This is a sad reminder that that is simply not the case.

Honor First, Agent Martinez

bad aim
11-20-17, 09:10
Dammit.

Rest in peace, brother. How many more agents have to be injured/killed for them to take a solid look at the ROE? IIRC, Brian Terry was killed when they engaged folks shooting at them with bean bags.

Doc Safari
11-20-17, 09:45
Trump should just station the military on the border in bases like the old forts during the Indian Wars days. Don't treat it as a law enforcement problem; treat it as an invasion from an armed enemy.

TAZ
11-20-17, 11:15
When you have “leadership” in place that suggests the removal of body armor so as to not intimidate criminals you have to shake your head.

Before any progress can be made in many of these government agencies, there must first be a MASSIVE purge of all liberal idiots.

RIP Trooper.

Det-Sog
11-20-17, 11:29
RIP Brother

WickedWillis
11-20-17, 13:40
Why we can't make a wall out of the bodies of these human piles of shit is beyond me.

RIP Trooper.

(To add, I am talking about the drug runners and cartel members. Not the people trying to escape the drug runners, and cartel members looking for a better life)

Averageman
11-20-17, 14:35
Why we can't make a wall out of the bodies of these human piles of shit is beyond me.

RIP Trooper.

(To add, I am talking about the drug runners and cartel members. Not the people trying to escape the drug runners, and cartel members looking for a better life)

At this point, I won't differentiate between guys looking for a better life, drug mules or cartel hitmen..
It's gone on way to long and it's gone from bad to worse. It happens because the Government of Mexico wants it to happen.
Change the ROE and put some military units on the border. It's no longer a law enforcement issue, it's an invasion.

RioGrandeGreen
11-20-17, 16:31
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/11/19/after-border-agent-is-killed-and-partner-injured-in-texas-trump-renews-call-for-wall/?hpid=hp_no-name_hp-in-the-news%3Apage%2Fin-the-news&utm_term=.cab870f3a77f

Artos
11-20-17, 17:16

It has to be on this side & a major event to make the news...boderlandbeat just posted up the story. If you look at the Nov 19th story, that is in my backyard & I worked & crossed into Reynosa for 14 years working in the maquila / mfg industry up until about 3 years ago & left a lucrative career to get away from the nonsense. Reynosa has shootouts quite often & you won't hear about it on the local news & too get my 411 from the narco blogs to keep up with what is happening SOTB.

I'm gonna miss ole mex & guess it will never return to what I remember...used to hunt whitewing every weekend in San Fernando & ate dinner at least once a week back when. I really wish the people could get armed & take their country back. It's a bad complicated situation & have a lot of friends I've fallen out of touch with dealing with that crap.

flenna
11-20-17, 18:51
It has to be on this side & a major event to make the news...boderlandbeat just posted up the story. If you look at the Nov 19th story, that is in my backyard & I worked & crossed into Reynosa for 14 years working in the maquila / mfg industry up until about 3 years ago & left a lucrative career to get away from the nonsense. Reynosa has shootouts quite often & you won't hear about it on the local news & too get my 411 from the narco blogs to keep up with what is happening SOTB.

I'm gonna miss ole mex & guess it will never return to what I remember...used to hunt whitewing every weekend in San Fernando & ate dinner at least once a week back when. I really wish the people could get armed & take their country back. It's a bad complicated situation & have a lot of friends I've fallen out of touch with dealing with that crap.

I worked in Reynosa for 3 years, leaving in 2008. It was getting bad when I left- shootouts in the city, Mexican Army setting up roadblocks (and stealing my money when they stopped me), getting stopped by the Transitos, 10pm curfew.... It wasn't like that when I first went there but I left when it started getting bad. I cannot imagine what it is like now.

scottryan
11-20-17, 21:23
Shoot on sight, shoot to kill ROE needs to procedure on the border

Militia on the border, every able bodied man between 18 and 45 can volunteer for a 6 month rotation.

Nightvisionary
11-21-17, 00:12
every able bodied man between 18 and 45 can volunteer for a 6 month rotation.

If you are a man or woman in decent physical condition that can take physical hardship, a week of your time a few times a year is all it takes. If you are not physically able to help then they can still use your support. Fuel and equipment aren't cheap.

https://www.arizonaborderrecon.org/volunteer/

SilverBullet432
11-21-17, 23:15
Shoot on sight, shoot to kill ROE needs to procedure on the border

Militia on the border, every able bodied man between 18 and 45 can volunteer for a 6 month rotation.

Are you crazy? Hunting season starts Friday. The area will be crawling with hunters and CBP alike.

I’ve been hunting mulies south of Van Horn before, there are plenty of armed people walking around stalking deer.

CBP and the game wardens are patrolling 24/7. Imagine all the hunters walking around they have to deal with along side illegal activities.. we’ve been watched by CBP from a distance before; There we are, 3 hispanics in camo walking around the mountain side with rifles and sidearms..

Shoot on sight?

Pfffttt...

RIP officer, horrible event and I hope those responsible are caught.

VARIABLE9
11-22-17, 00:45
This speculation in the media that these agents fell down a ravine or embankment seems to be the angle MSM is pushing.

Sam
11-22-17, 05:38
This speculation in the media that these agents fell down a ravine or embankment seems to be the angle MSM is pushing.

Yep, saw that on ABC last night. Unreal.

pinzgauer
11-22-17, 08:18
This speculation in the media that these agents fell down a ravine or embankment seems to be the angle MSM is pushing.The news show I saw said the FBI indicated that. But the union said it was not correct, it was an attack with rocks.

scottryan
11-22-17, 08:24
The $20K bounty being offered by the state of Texas is insufficient.

Iraqgunz
11-25-17, 02:51
Seems strange that one agent was well enough to release and yet how the other agent died still seems to be a mystery.....

http://abcnews.go.com/US/memorial-services-held-border-patrol-agent-death-remains/story?id=51358542