PDA

View Full Version : Aero M4E1 AR15 lower opinions.

ICBM556
11-20-17, 16:50
Anyone have, or held one in person to give an opinion one way or the other on these?

Thank you

Cold/Bore
11-20-17, 17:05
Anyone have, or held one in person to give an opinion one way or the other on these?

Thank you

I have handled one. Looked nice. Nice mag well flares. What I didn’t like was that the bolt catch uses a threaded pin. I would prefer a roll pin. With the right tools it’s pretty easy to install. But I feel like this was added to appeal to the lowest common denominator who otherwise would bugger the lower up installing the roll pin. Not sure if anyone has had a problem with a treaded pin like that come loose, but to me this was added for amateurs to assemble. I think I’ll pass.

fledge
11-20-17, 17:11
I have one. Haven’t built it up yet. In the hand and visually, it’s clean, forged, and with attractive price point.

I don’t mind threaded bolt catch and have never had an issue with them using vibratite.

ICBM556
11-20-17, 17:27
That was one thing that was of concern to me was that threaded catch, just another thing I have to put locker on.

Seems like I read something about mags with over insertion tabs on them would not work. If true, that would be an issue with gen3 Pmags, of which I have none, but still an issue none the less.

G.B.
11-20-17, 19:00
I have 2 I'm going to build up. I paid 50 dollars each so if there not right im not out much. I built a 308 using their recievers and bcg. Not problems and fit and finish was great.

ICBM556
11-20-17, 19:07
I have 2 I'm going to build up. I paid 50 dollars each so if there not right im not out much. I built a 308 using their recievers and bcg. Not problems and fit and finish was great.

50$, may I ask where?

Stickman
11-20-17, 19:09
Aero makes a good product and puts it out there at a pretty low price point.

Hulkstr8
11-20-17, 19:17

Seemed to be a little nicer to Aero lately lol. Glad to see they've earned the stamp of approval.

ICBM556
11-20-17, 19:28

Thanks Stick, I feel better about pulling the trigger on one of these now, pun intended. Just dont know whether to go the E1 or just standard lower.

Hulkstr8
11-20-17, 19:31
Am I the only one that doesn't like the idea of a threaded bolt catch?

Cold/Bore
11-20-17, 19:45

Check my post (#2) in the thread.

ICBM556
11-20-17, 19:51

No you are not.

everready73
11-20-17, 20:23
Shuyler Arms and Granite Ridge Outfitters usually have really good prices on Aero. Primary arms as well if you catch a sale

RAM Engineer
11-20-17, 20:52
Is this the one with the dumb cutouts in the triggerguard?

5.56 Bonded SP
11-20-17, 21:33
Well, this might not help at all.

I have an M4E1 complete built upper ( bought it built from aero ).
The barrel is not concentric to the FF rail, and the gas tube roll pin walked out.

That is my only experience with Aero.

Cold/Bore
11-20-17, 21:34
Is this the one with the dumb cutouts in the triggerguard?

I don’t like the cutouts either.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171121/41d9eb5e2704c936d3f3114c077e5153.jpg
If you look at upper portion of the receiver, it has a reinforcement “fence” that runs along the top of the receiver and connects to the bolt catch lug, necessitating a threaded pin. Does this fence have any sort of function? It obviously doesn’t house a detent spring. Based on the description from the Aero website, it’s probably there to appeal to those that want the “billet look”. *Facepalm*

I think that Aero had a great idea in making an updated forged lower, but some of its features detract from its execution

“The M4E1 Lower Receiver delivers billet aesthetics in a forged package. This custom designed enhanced forging is machined from 7075-T6 Aluminum and compatible with all mil-spec AR15 parts. Aside from the visual upgrades this custom engineered design provides that challenge much more expensive billet options, we have added several functional features to the lower receiver to simplify the assembly process for the at home builder.”

When I read this description from the aero website, this receiver seams to be marketed to mall ninjas.

G.B.
11-21-17, 06:53
Mine are actually the gen2 lowers. They use a standard roll pin for the bolt catch.

ICBM556
11-21-17, 08:38
I am going to stick with the gen 2 traditional lower at this point.

Thanks guys for the info.

Cold/Bore
11-21-17, 09:24
I am going to stick with the gen 2 traditional lower at this point.

Thanks guys for the info.

I agree. The gen 2 Aero is a fantastic lower at a great price. Hopefully we will see a gen 2 M4e1 sans threaded pin and the trigger guard cuts. Change those and I would be on board.

Mrgunsngear
11-21-17, 18:20
https://i.imgur.com/HXXKsTZl.jpg

Mine's been awesome so far.

doubletap
11-21-17, 19:52
I think it looks great and like the screw in bolt catch pin, I don't think you'd ever have an issue with it. If however you wanted to change out bolt catches it would make that easier. I also like it has a screw to hold the rear takedown detent and spring in place. I think it's a well thought out evolution of the forged lower. Like anything it doesn't appeal to everyone but does to a lot of us.

GeneralPurpose
11-21-17, 20:00
Why not just use a regular lower? I have an Aero set on my precision AR and it's perfect.