PDA

View Full Version : Are Super 42 buffer weights interchangeable with standard buffers?

0uTkAsT
11-22-17, 15:46
I know the outside dimensions of the Super 42 buffer body are proprietary due to the design of the spring, but I'd imagine the internal dimensions are not unique. I'm wondering if anyone can verify that for me? In other words, I am going to pick one up to try out but I will start in an H3 configuration for a suppressed SBR and I need to know if I should order the two additional tungsten pucks through Geissele or if I can simply use two tungsten weights from some of the unused H buffers I have laying around to save myself $40.

Thanks in advance for any replies and happy Thanksgiving!

Run N Shoot
11-22-17, 16:43
Very timely thread! I am going to pick up a Super 42 on BF and was going to pick up an extra weight for an H2. Will be watching the replies closely since my “wish list” is starting to add up!

gaijin
11-22-17, 16:58
The buffer ID is same as standard buffer "body".

I've changed/added weights in several- same as a standard buffer. I prefer to run an H2 or H3 in most of my guns.

0uTkAsT
11-23-17, 01:51
The buffer ID is same as standard BT.

I've changed/added weights in several- same as a standard buffer. I prefer to run an H2 or H3 in most of my guns.
Thank you!