PDA

View Full Version : Need help, .300 Blk buffer

aclawrence
11-24-17, 09:44
Hey guys, I'm trying to take advantage of some holiday pricing and am looking for the proper buffer system for a .300 blackout pistol. This will be my first build and I'm just now starting to acquire some of the parts. I am purchasing a complete lower minus the buffer and stock. I do not have any upper components yet, but my plan is to go with somewhere around a 9" barrel. I do hope to purchase a suppressor but if I'm being honest with myself that likely won't happen anytime soon. The longterm goal would be a home defense rifle. Can ya'll drop some buffer knowledge on me? Thanks!

Clint
11-24-17, 09:49
Without knowing any other variables, an H2 carbine buffer is a great starting point.

darr3239
11-24-17, 10:44
Even with variables H2 is the way to go.

aclawrence
11-24-17, 10:47
Ok. Thanks guys. I haven’t gotten to do the research yet so I was hoping y’all could speed me along in the right direction. Now to look for deals!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gaijin
11-25-17, 05:55
BCM specs an H3 with their 300 Blk uppers.
An AAC of mine came with an H(1), which seemed too light shooting Supers.

I use H3's and prefer the Geissle 42 springs in my 300's.
No issues.

aclawrence
11-25-17, 06:09
I’m still learning how the buffer works. Do you have any issues if you shoot subsonic with the H3?

gaijin
11-25-17, 06:18
Since I don't run a suppressor I have not/don't shoot subs.
My interest in the 300 was as a usable 200 yd+ "deer gun" for the ranch.
BCM's statement- "use H3 buffer" was not qualified with "when using Supers/Subs". I have no doubt an H2 would function as well FWIW.

Pretty easy to add, or remove. a tungsten buffer weight.
You might experiment with both H2/H3 with the load you'll be shooting.

hdrolling
11-25-17, 06:56
Are you planning to run a pistol receiver extension, most already come with a spring and buffer. I'm running the green spring and H2 on my 9" BCM and it's perfect.

aclawrence
11-25-17, 07:29
Yes on the pistol extension. I did look at a KAK setup that came with everything but they were all out of stock. I also wasn’t sure how much quieter subs would be without a suppressor, if it would be worth it to run subs for a potential “shoot inside the house gun.”