PDA

View Full Version : The Hitman's Bodyguard (Review)

WillBrink
11-25-17, 10:43
Trailer possible NSFW

Full disclosure, I find both the main actors in this film both overrated, and or annoying, depending on the movie. The Hitman's Bodyguard is loaded with unrealistic action scenes (cars exploding when shot, etc...) , gratuitous violence, non stop profanity, and predictable love interests. The entire formula should equal a totally unremarkable modern buddy movie. Yet, it didn't suck! There appears real chemistry between Reynolds and Jackson, and the supporting cast (great to see Oldman and Hayek on screen) is excellent, and the dialogue original and legit LOL in spots. The camera work is quite impressive, and although often eye rolling, the action sequences, chase scenes, etc are very well done. Finally, the plot was original at least, even if the ending not so much. The movie does drag in spots and could have been fifteen minutes or so shorter. Suspend disbelief, have a fun time with this silly visually stylistic but fun movie. B-/C+

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4Afusxc2SM

Det-Sog
11-25-17, 11:15
I saw it last night. I went into it expecting a comedy. It IS a comedy IMHO. Pretty funny at times.

Pros... Funny, good car chases, Oldman's acting, great cinematography, and Reynolds is FUNNY. He is actually a good comedic actor IMHO. I loved him in Dead Pool.

Cons... Jackson's played out foul mouth dropping M-F every 2.4 seconds, too much CGI, Hayek has gotten fat.

Go into it with low expections expecting a few good laughs, and it's worth the PPV.

WillBrink
11-25-17, 11:21
I saw it last night. I went into it expecting a comedy. It IS a comedy IMHO. Pretty funny at times.

Pros... Funny, good car chases, Oldman's acting, great cinematography, and Reynolds is FUNNY. He is actually a good comedic actor IMHO. I loved him in Dead Pool.

Cons... Jackson's played out foul mouth dropping M-F every 2.4 seconds, too much CGI, Hayek has gotten fat.

Go into it with low expections expecting a few good laughs, and it's worth the PPV.

On that sir, we don't agree! I thought for 51 years old, she looked smokin' in this movie. I'd step over the naked body of some skinny chick to get me some of that thick latina. :dance3:

Det-Sog
11-25-17, 12:03
On that sir, we don't agree! I thought for 51 years old, she looked smokin' in this movie. I'd step over the naked body of some skinny chick to get me some of that thick latina. :dance3:

Being happily married, I will choose my words carefully... I do not disagree, I just liked the somewhat curvy Hayek of several years ago over the really curvy version in this film. IMHO, she's pushing the limits now. At this rate, 10 years from now, she's going to look like Melissa McCarthy only with a pretty face and a cute accent.