PDA

View Full Version : Unity Atom Glock 19 slide

shootinsurveyor
11-28-17, 20:12
I am having a problem with light strikes with this slide. I changed out the striker assembly and thought it would fix the problem. Within 15 rounds rounds were failing to fire. If I loaded them again, they fired. I have 2 barrels, Oem and silencerco threaded. Same problem with both barrels. Both barrels work fine in my oem slide. I’ve probably fired a thousand rounds through the atom slide and I did a full strip and clean when the problem first showed up and I switched the parts. Anyone have any ideas as to what I should try next. Heavier/lighter recoil spring?

Wake27
11-28-17, 23:46
That's weird that it was functioning initially and then stopped. Did you change ammo or anything? OEM parts?

shootinsurveyor
11-29-17, 04:33
I’ve always used remanufactured or Winchester white box. Stock Glock 19 will run it all and the only problem is with the atom slide on the factory frame. I did put a comp on the threaded barrel and that’s when I did notice the problem, but there is nothing I know of where a comp would make light strikes occur. And the problem has continued once the comp was removed. I’m lost as far as fixing the problem.