PDA

View Full Version : A Class Act

Dienekes
11-29-17, 19:53
Just got a call from my son who flies executive jet charters. He's been with this company a little less than a year. He got an e-mail announcing the annual office party, etc., etc.

"Greetings All!!

Our Annual Holiday Gathering is just around the corner! (Sunday, Dec 10 – yes that is 11 days away). This will be a night to relax, have fun and celebrate everything that makes this company so awesome…..which is each and every one of you!

Here are some of details of the evening:

Date: Sunday, December xx
Time: 5:30 pm – 11:00 pm (appetizers, dinner and some holiday cheer)
Entertainment: The Xxxxx Xxxxxxxx Band (a fun and amazing local jazz group)

The hotel is offering our guests special room rates of $120 per night. (just mention the XXXXXXX Aviation rate when booking)

For our out of town flight crew, if your schedule allows, we would love to have you (and your significant other) join us. (All caps by me.) WE WILL PAY FOR BOTH OF YOUR AIR TRAVEL AND HOTEL FOR UP TO TWO NIGHTS.

I look forward to celebrating with each of you. Please join us if you can and let me know if you have any questions!!

Best Regards,

Xxxxxx"

I think my crusty old heart just grew three sizes...

Averageman
11-29-17, 19:56
And that is why no matter how much money might be offered in the short term, in the long term you stay with the brand.

MegademiC
11-29-17, 20:32
That’s awesome. I’m blessed enough to work for a company that does parties(not quite that good).

Play hard, work hard - it gets shit done, haha.

Alex V
11-29-17, 20:55
That is awesome. I worked for a firm who would pay for the employee flight and hotel to the Christmas Party in Florida. Your SO it a stay longer than two nights was on you tho. I thought that was good. This is way more generous.

Buckaroo
11-29-17, 21:53
That's an executive group that appreciates their bread winners!
I'm flying to my wife's company Xmas party on the company's dime with a rental car and an extra night of hotel so we can enjoy the away time. She scheduled her monthly home office visit to align with the party.
She plans to retire from this company and I guarantee you she could double her income at another firm if these folks didn't take care of her.
We feel very blessed for her to have such a opportunity, I know many don't.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

donlapalma
11-29-17, 22:24
Pretty damn cool. I'd be happy if my company just paid for an Uber ride. I'm sure your son will have a great time!

chuckman
11-30-17, 11:19
My department does an upscale holiday shindig, and because it's all coordinated by one of our docs, tends to be, ah, expensive. But as their Christmas present to me, they pretty much pay for everything. They are very good to me, and don't want me to leave.

That's excellent, to have an employer who would do something like that. Those are companies worth staying with, even if they pay a bit less.

GH41
11-30-17, 15:25
My wife's company throws a couple of first class parties a year. Multiple bars, food and a band. Once a year he takes them on a trip. Last year it was a cruise. This year it is a stay at a resort that has horses, canoeing, clay targets for shotgunning and a rifle/pistol range. I have to pay for my bed/cabin but her's and food is on him. Probably the best perk is he pays 100% of her health insurance cost! He has 75 employees. He expects them to be team players, loyal and do their jobs. He has very little turnover.

Buckaroo
11-30-17, 15:42
My wife's company... has very little turnover.

Ding, ding, ding we have a winner!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

BrigandTwoFour
12-01-17, 06:05
Seems like a good group!

The company I started working for after leaving the military is similar. Back in June, they rented out a ski resort in the Blue Ridge mountains, paid for all employees (and families) to stay there for two nights, paid for all food and entertainment, and threw a bonfire (with open bar), and then reimbursed me for mileage to drive there and home.

Not bad.

The winter party is coming up in a couple weeks, and they reserved the National Portrait Gallery's atrium. Last year they threw the party under the space shuttle at the Air and Space Museum.