PDA

View Full Version : Krylon and camo

Impact
10-25-06, 13:38
which colors do you recommend and also who has the best deals online to get Krylon ?

thanks

oh yeah, if you have pictures of camoed ARs...feel free :D

Stephen_H
10-25-06, 14:16
I actually prefer HS Bowflage to Krylon. It's easy to apply, easy to remove, and they offer a HUGE number of tactical colors. They also offer a non-removeable line that is more in line with the "durability" of Krylon. Here is my bowflaged Bushmaster M4.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v342/stephen_101st/Gear/MulticamM4.jpg

Impact
10-25-06, 14:24
Bowflage is nice too...how easy is it to remove in case I change my mind ?
did you go with the non-removeable line ?

also where can I find it ?

Thanks !!

Stephen_H
10-25-06, 14:56
Removable Bowflage will come off with nearly any lube or solvent. You actually have to be a little careful during cleaning. The paint on my M4 is the removeable bowflage and as you can see it rubs off fairly easily at the high wear areas. The non-removeable stuff is at least as tough as Krylon.

Cabela's, Cheaper than Dirt, Bass Pro Shop, etc. all carry Hunter Specialty products. I think it is usually called H.S. Camo these days.

After looking around online for a while, I can't even find the removeable Bowflage anymore. Only the nonremovable...

Stephen

Hawkeye
10-25-06, 17:04
Walmart has the Krylon camo line. At least thats where I get mine. Khaki, Brown, and OD are the colors I use. I prefer Krylon as it has proven pretty durable for me, and doesnt come off easy on its own.