PDA

View Full Version : Glock 17/19 with light compatibility

BuzzinSATX
12-01-17, 07:08
Sorry if I missed this in my search....

Can anyone tell me if a well fitting kydex holster made for a G17 Gen 4 with a light (Surefire A300U) work with a Gen 5 G17 same light?

Specifically talking about my Bravo Concealment OWB.

I’ve sent an email to the company and should hear back soon, but was looking for outside validation.

I’m guessing it will generally fit, but not sure. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HD1911
12-01-17, 08:18
I don't believe it would fit, due to the ambi slide release on the Gen5. When I called Safariland about this, that's essentially what they told me.

BuzzinSATX
12-01-17, 15:44
Thanks for the reply HD. I will post BC's response when I receive it.

hopetonbrown
12-01-17, 17:01
Thanks for the reply HD. I will post BC's response when I receive it.Look at the holster and see where the ambi release would be, is it covered by the holster? If yes, it won't fit.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

tom12.7
12-01-17, 17:06
To the OP, BC does make gen 5 compatible OWB holsters for that. I wouldn't know if an older version of their offerings could work. Your existing holster could possibly be sent back for rework if needed. They do have a good turn around time with minimal cost for that. If you are okay with BC holsters then that could be an attractive option. There are some other attractive options available now, and a few better ones available in the near future.

seb5
12-02-17, 20:27
If you're in SA I would have onyour6designs make you one. Being local it wouldn't matter if they had one yet or not. I am really liking some of thier holsters.

BuzzinSATX
12-04-17, 05:48
Thanks for the tip on BC and O6. I never heard back from BC, which is odd as they are normally very responsive. I will send a second message to follow up. But also like the idea of a local company...

crazymailman
12-07-17, 18:14
I just got a G5 19 and it works in my Bravo that I’ve used for a gen3. The slide stop on the right side is very close to touching Kydex, but it does fit. The holster is a Torsion btw.