PDA

View Full Version : Smith rebate mags.

R1pper
10-12-08, 18:26
I have been waiting since June to get my M&P .45 rebate mags and they finally arrived yesterday. Well with great anticipation and excitement I opened the envelope and to my suprise they sent me two M&P 9c 12 rnd mags.

Has any one else ever had a similar experience? I am not worried whether or not Smith will make this right cause I know they will. Most likely I will drive over to the plant and see if I can get them exchanged instead of trying to send them back. The drive to the plant from my door is about 12 min, and it would probably take a day or two via the USPS.

-DM-

John_Wayne777
10-12-08, 20:11
I bought an M&P 45 and a 9C at the same time and submitted both rebates at the same time.

Instead of sending me two mags for each weapon, they sent me 4 M&P 45 magazines. I was fine with it so I didn't complain.

R1pper
10-12-08, 20:16
I dont have the 9c nor do i plan on getting one either.

So you wanna buy some mags.........;)

-DM-

forgiven
10-13-08, 19:10
I'd put them up for sale before sending them back to S&W, I don't know about you guys, but it seemed like an eternity before I got my mags/refund

R1pper
10-13-08, 19:41
I called Smith today and they are going to send me the correct mags on the good faith I will return the incorrect mags. I am kind of stumped by that they are going to send me a shipping label along with the correct mags instead of just driving up to the plant. But as the CS rep stated "they may fall into some one's pocket" instead of making it back to the correct dept at the plant and the correct mags could have the same result. But the overall shipping time should be about two days.

-DM-

forgiven
10-13-08, 20:10
I called Smith today and they are going to send me the correct mags on the good faith I will return the incorrect mags. I am kind of stumped by that they are going to send me a shipping label along with the correct mags instead of just driving up to the plant. But as the CS rep stated "they may fall into some one's pocket" instead of making it back to the correct dept at the plant and the correct mags could have the same result. But the overall shipping time should be about two days.

-DM-

Interesting, they must be having problems with mags "disappearing"

ToddG
10-13-08, 21:20
Long story short, Smith drastically underestimated the number of people who would submit those rebates, and they've had really severe magazine shortages for a while. It's getting under control from what I saw while up there last week, and they've learned their lesson so hopefully it won't happen again.

Hopefully.

RHR
10-14-08, 08:05
I mailed my rebate on 7/7/08 and received the mags on 9/12/08.

John_Wayne777
10-14-08, 10:26
Long story short, Smith drastically underestimated the number of people who would submit those rebates, and they've had really severe magazine shortages for a while. It's getting under control from what I saw while up there last week, and they've learned their lesson so hopefully it won't happen again.

Hopefully.

If you've gotta have a problem, too many people wanting your products is a good one to have....

SuicideHz
10-31-08, 16:04
Anyone notice that their rebate mags rust easily?