PDA

View Full Version : KAC stripped lower and KAC trigger guard not fitting

heavygunner8
12-09-17, 19:18
The roll pin provided with my newly bought KAC trigger guard will not insert into the KAC stripped lower, due to a line up issue with the holes on the lower and the trigger guard. Please see the pictures for explanation. On the one picture taken held up to the light, you can see the holes are not lining up correctly. I cannot get the roll pin to go through as a result of that. I have thoroughly made sure that the trigger guard is pressed downward as much as I can to try to compensate for the hole misalignment, but it is not doing anything useful.

Anyone have any ideas? I've contacted KAC via email, earlier, waiting for a reply, hopefully on Monday... This is rather disappointing considering KAC's reputation on high quality parts.

https://i.imgur.com/31FMQUC.jpg

trauma
12-09-17, 19:22
I believe they made a trigger guard called the “band aid” just for these lowers.

heavygunner8
12-09-17, 19:25
Is there anything I can do besides asking KAC to send me new parts to alleviate this issue? I'm not sure how good their customer service is, spending extra for KAC parts and not getting the expected results sucks.

jpmuscle
12-09-17, 19:42
Is there anything I can do besides asking KAC to send me new parts to alleviate this issue? I'm not sure how good their customer service is, spending extra for KAC parts and not getting the expected results sucks.

Just call them and they’ll send you one free. It’s not a big deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

heavygunner8
12-09-17, 19:53
Just call them and they’ll send you one free. It’s not a big deal

The problem is I’m not sure if the issue is with the stripped lower or the trigger guard. I’m just afraid they’re going to make me send both in and then I’d have to pay for shipping and an annoying long waiting period for the new part(s).

the_1iviper
12-09-17, 19:57
The problem is I’m not sure if the issue is with the stripped lower or the trigger guard. I’m just afraid they’re going to make me send both in and then I’d have to pay for shipping and an annoying long waiting period for the new part(s).

it's a known issue , just give them a call and i'm sure they'll take care of you without the need to send your lower in.

heavygunner8
12-09-17, 19:58
it's a known issue , just give them a call and i'm sure they'll take care of you without the need to send your lower in.

I had no clue this was a known issue, is there another thread here reporting it? Couldn’t find it using search function.

wetidlerjr
12-09-17, 20:17
4) Contact The Manufacturer or Dealer First – Internet forums have a large global audience and unsubstantiated or ill-informed comments will affect the livelihoods of a lot of hard working people in the industry. If you have an issue with a manufacturer or dealer that you would like to resolve, we ask that your first contact them to resolve it.

I believe the rule means you give them a chance to resolve the issue BEFORE you go public here.

user
12-09-17, 20:19
I just filed my KAC trigger guard a touch and got mine to line up.

heavygunner8
12-09-17, 20:20
It wasn’t my intention to “expose” KAC, I just wanted ideas on how to fix this issue myself without involving shipping stuff back to the manufacturer. Thanks for the reminder, please delete this thread.

Vegas
12-10-17, 00:21
Here you go: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?192910-Knight-s-Armament-stripped-lowers-coming-soon I forget which page though.

heavygunner8
12-10-17, 01:30
Here you go: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?192910-Knight-s-Armament-stripped-lowers-coming-soon I forget which page though.

I found the posts. Apparently, it's an oversized ear issue on the stripped lower. Some folks in the thread said KAC made a special trigger guard to address this issue.

jpmuscle
12-10-17, 02:54
I had no clue this was a known issue, is there another thread here reporting it? Couldn’t find it using search function.

Apparently you don’t internet well [emoji854]

SiGfever
12-10-17, 09:35
Give KAC an email or call, their customer service is excellent! I had the same issue and they made it right. Great company.

sig1473
12-10-17, 12:32
Apparently you don’t internet well [emoji854]

Yeah this issue has been covered and beat to death.

the_1iviper
12-10-17, 14:06
I found the posts. Apparently, it's an oversized ear issue on the stripped lower. Some folks in the thread said KAC made a special trigger guard to address this issue.

yes they made a trigger guard just for the lowers with the "ear" problem.

many have just filed a normal guard down to fit without much trouble before kac made a run of the "special" ones.

wetidlerjr
12-10-17, 14:11
Give KAC an email or call, their customer service is excellent! I had the same issue and they made it right. Great company.

He (heavygunner8) said he emailed them in his first post but did not wait for a response from KAC before starting this unnecessary thread.

26 Inf
12-10-17, 15:57
He (heavygunner8) said he emailed them in his first post but did not wait for a response from KAC before starting this unnecessary thread.

Hey. it's Sunday afternoon, I've been to a swim meet, read the paper, and the Chiefs game is over. It gave me something to read. :D

wetidlerjr
12-10-17, 17:55
Hey. it's Sunday afternoon, I've been to a swim meet, read the paper, and the Chiefs game is over. It gave me something to read. :D

You have a good point. :D

Iraqgunz
12-12-17, 00:26
Closed since he didn't actually wait for a response.