PDA

View Full Version : ? on jobs fighting the fire in Southern Ca.

platoonDaddy
12-10-17, 11:14
Grandson graduated from College and moved two weeks ago to LA. Of course with the turmoil from the fires, is hampering his job search.

I recommend he look for a temp job with one of the construction crews fighting the fires, until things return to normal.

Do you know of any crew hiring temp workers who are young and full of piss & vinegar?

Thanks

Dr. Bullseye
12-10-17, 13:15
I have lived in California all my life and never even heard of a temp. construction crew firefighting job. Fighting a fire here can mean a chaparral fire or a full on forest fire. The latter is like being sent into a nuclear explosion. This is not a job to be taken lightly or without training.

austinN4
12-10-17, 13:18
Fighting a fire here can mean a chaparral fire or a full on forest fire. The latter is like being sent into a nuclear explosion. This is not a job to be taken lightly or without training.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/30/us/beyond-the-call-of-duty-granite-mountain-hotshots-yarnell-hill-wildfire-arizona-anniversary/index.html

platoonDaddy
12-10-17, 14:35
Understand and appreciate that, certainly there are construction crews swamped with business as a result of the fires. Yea, my initial post wasn't worded as it should be.

Hopefully this straightens that out.