PDA

View Full Version : HK45 questions

white spaniard
10-12-08, 23:47
Hi everyone just purchased my HK 45 this weekend and when I took it apart there is alot of grease in the inside rails, and on barrel a person at gunstore says to leave it there that HK's reqire grease instead of oil is this true?

BushmasterFanBoy
10-12-08, 23:53
Hi everyone just purchased my HK 45 this weekend and when I took it apart there is alot of grease in the inside rails, and on barrel a person at gunstore says to leave it there that HK's reqire grease instead of oil is this true?

I tried to get off as much grease as possible on mine. I cleaned the pistol, decreased it, and then applied lube similar to where I apply it on my USP. It has yet to malfunction.

The Dumb Gun Collector
10-13-08, 00:15
The guy was full of it. HK just greases up the guns before they leave the factory. Sigs used to have tons of grease back when they came from Germany too. Anyway, any oil works fine on HK.

IrishDevil
10-13-08, 00:27
You could probably run it with grease. I didn't clean the grease off of mine, just lubed and shot. I cleaned mine some 3K rounds or so later.

chadbag
10-13-08, 02:51
I suspect the grease was there to protect it during shipping. Sitting in a container or UPS truck in a humid environment can be bad news. Grease stays put and does not run like an oil would.

JBnTX
10-13-08, 10:14
I suspect the grease was there to protect it during shipping. Sitting in a container or UPS truck in a humid environment can be bad news. Grease stays put and does not run like an oil would.

That's correct!

I use nothing but BreakFree on my USP and it has never malfunctioned.

motorcopm4
10-17-08, 06:36
Clean the grease off and run Breakfree or Militec in it

HK45
10-31-08, 00:57
I would disagree with breakfree. It's a very poor thin lube.