View Full Version : First Suppressor- Talk Me Out of the YHM Turbo?

joeg26er
12-12-17, 19:10
First Suppressor- Talk Me Out of the YHM Turbo?

Seems this has all the boxes checked except nobody seems to have it instock.

Lightweight- sub 15oz
FA rated (don't really need)
Good reported sound reduction
Good mounts
Good price- sub $500
Short- adds only 4"?

joeg26er
12-12-17, 19:40
The Griffin Optimus Micro also looks very interesting too. Super super light and 5.56 rated. Sub $500ish

BigWaylon
12-12-17, 20:10
I'd buy one. Nitro and Turbo are on my short list.

Just know the 4" isn't really a decent "length added" measurement. That's the length past the end of the muzzle device.

rajahdat
12-13-17, 10:31
buy it just remember for quick attach set ups you are married to that muzzle/flash mount.
check out silencershop 425 plus stamp

markm
12-13-17, 11:08
Not in stock is a deal breaker in itself. NFA buying is annoying enough without waiting for the thing to get to the dealer.

jethroUSMC
12-13-17, 12:05
It is annoying to take on the form 3 wait.

After a few cans, it didn't bother me as long as a reliable out of state vendor had what I wanted - the wait didn't prohibit me from shooting suppressed with existing cans. And it's been years since it was an 8 week like clockwork turnaround from the BATFE to me getting a stamp. I've learned to become patient through forgetting about it until the permission slip arrives.

SteveL
12-14-17, 16:09
I personally wouldn't buy anything NFA unless somebody in the chain was physically in possession of it. Too many promised NFA items turn out to be nothing but frustration.

BigWaylon
12-14-17, 21:31
I haven't seen anybody report a Form 3 taking more than 72 hours in the last couple months. As long as somebody has it in their possession (so it's not a case of a mfr selling serial numbers), I wouldn't hesitate to buy what I wanted even if it required a F3 transfer first...assuming they're filing them electronically.

BWT
12-15-17, 23:36
Buy a quality suppressor. You’re going to pay $200 and wait 9-12 months. $300 a year later can seem like chump change.

YMMV.

God Bless,

Brandon

BigWaylon
12-15-17, 23:49
Buy a quality suppressor. You’re going to pay $200 and wait 9-12 months. $300 a year later can seem like chump change.
Are you saying YHM suppressors aren't quality?

BWT
12-16-17, 06:35
Are you saying YHM suppressors aren't quality?

Not necessarily. That being said are there designs that are have an EDM cut baffle stack, fully welded baffle stack, better mounts, quieter, lighter, better warranty, etc.?

I’m just saying take a look around (especially now with the industry slow down) there are some awesome deals. Also, you’re pretty much stuck with this suppressor for life; make sure you really like it.

YHM isn’t bad but they’re not Silencerco, Rugged, Dead Air, Surefire, KAC, or AAC. It’s also priced in a way that indicates that, YMMV. There are some awesome deals out there right now.

God Bless,

Brandon

scooter22
12-16-17, 06:43
Arms Unlimited has all surefire cans for $675 right now

Official Kremlin Transmission