PDA

View Full Version : Knight's SR-15 E3 IWS

crash5150
10-13-08, 02:31
Wow, guess they are becoming available! Wish I wasn't tied up with other projects. :mad: Check em out!

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=112555957

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=112487124

FromMyColdDeadHand
10-13-08, 09:05
I thought the front sight was cool, until I started to think why is it that way? So the front sight looks like an extension of the rail. Looks cool, but it is uncool when somebody mounts something on top of it.

What is the real advantage, besides the tacti-cool factor? I do like the amphibious controls.

rob_s
10-13-08, 09:27
The advantage of the front sight is largely one of weight savings.

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q111/rob_s/KAC%20SR-15/DSC_2004e800.jpg

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q111/rob_s/KAC%20SR-15/DSC_2009e800.jpg

Safetyhit
10-13-08, 09:28
Very nice. The more I look and read, the more I like it.

Spooky130
10-13-08, 10:43
Mine should be here today! Vito (top GB auction) was selling them on Sturmgewehr for $1995 a week ago.

Spooky

molsen
10-13-08, 11:02
I do like the amphibious controls.

I'm pretty sure you mean ambidextrous.;)

bullitt5172
10-13-08, 12:16
I thought the front sight was cool, until I started to think why is it that way? So the front sight looks like an extension of the rail. Looks cool, but it is uncool when somebody mounts something on top of it.

What is the real advantage, besides the tacti-cool factor? I do like the amphibious controls.

You have no business owning a SR15 if you don't understand how the front sight works and mount something on top of it...;)

No.6
10-13-08, 12:40
It's a nice rifle. I ran one at the Tricon course this weekend (actually Friday only, but that's another story). Had a problem towards the end of the class with it not locking PMAGs, USGI just fine, but PMAGs were a "no-go" for some reason. They had been working just fine all the way up till the end. First one, then another, then all 7 I had on me. Didn't make a bit of difference how many rounds were in the PMAG (empty to 30rds), they just were not going to lock in no matter what. Haven't taken time to diagnose it yet, but I suspect something in the tolerance when dirty of the mag catch mechanism.

rob_s
10-13-08, 13:08
Was that issue on an open bolt, closed bolt, or both?

theJanitor
10-13-08, 13:13
how do i get my hands on a lower? i want one just for the "amphibious" controls:D

Safetyhit
10-13-08, 13:21
Looks like another addition to Rob's chart may be in order. Would be curious to see how it stacks up.

No.6
10-13-08, 13:21
Was that issue on an open bolt, closed bolt, or both?

Both.
But like I said, USGI worked flawlessly after the Magpul wouldn't.
BTW, thanks for all the info regarding gear and run up to training, it helped me quite a bit.

FromMyColdDeadHand
10-13-08, 13:35
You have no business owning a SR15 if you don't understand how the front sight works and mount something on top of it...;)

You are so right, but unfortunately you buy it with dollars, not experience points. I guess it would be hard for a doctor or dentist to walk in and buy one off the rack.

The lower has Charles Shackleford controls (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Shackleford)

No.6
10-13-08, 13:43
how do i get my hands on a lower? i want one just for the "amphibious" controls:D

The ambi controls are nice. But, I'm not sure that I would rely on them in the sense of it being non-standard training. If you're plinking or just sport shooting, the right side bolt release is the heat. But if you're serious training, having a non-standard manual of arms isn't necessarily a good thing. I mean you get used to say the RH bolt release and you don't have a SR15 in your hands, you'll get a momentary pause while your finger is searching for that non existent control. At best, just kinda embarrassing. Just my .02.

theJanitor
10-13-08, 14:20
same pro/con argument for the BAD, and i want some of those too.

forgiven
10-13-08, 19:01
Looks like another addition to Rob's chart may be in order. Would be curious to see how it stacks up.

This sounds good - I wonder when that'll be added?

BravoCompanyUSA
10-13-08, 19:05
Haven't shot one yet, but got to see them today.

They look really nice. Lots of premium KAC parts on them, ....lots.

Cohibra45
10-13-08, 19:32
Haven't shot one yet, but got to see them today.

They look really nice. Lots of premium KAC parts on them, ....lots.

To me, that's lots of premium price tag also!!! My LMT Piston didn't cost as much...not sure why the huge price except it's 'Knights' !!!:confused:

Looks like they are using LMTs SOPMOD stock version I (without the sling swivel hole).

BravoCompanyUSA
10-13-08, 19:42
IMHO, part of the pricing of a KAC rifle is collectability and uniqueness. Historically they have not been made in large numbers.
To each his own, but being a AR guy - I will keep one in my collection

Premium Parts,
LMT SOPMOD stock
KAC Rail with built in front sight
KAC 600m BUIS
KAC 2 stage trigger
Modified trigger guard
Ambi selector
Ambi mag release
Ambi bolt release
4 KAC panels
KAC VPG
I probably forgot some ?

Spooky130
10-13-08, 19:56
IMHO, part of the pricing of a KAC rifle is collectability and uniqueness. Historically they have not been made in large numbers.
To each his own, but being a AR guy - I will keep one in my collection

Premium Parts,
LMT SOPMOD stock
KAC Rail with built in front sight
KAC 600m BUIS
KAC 2 stage trigger
Modified trigger guard
Ambi selector
Ambi mag release
Ambi bolt release
4 KAC panels
KAC VPG
I probably forgot some ?

In my decision process I looked at the cost of the individual parts... Bought separately they will add up quickly and will be more in the end than buying the rifle outright.

Here's what I added up:
Trigger guard: $25-30
SOPMOD stock kit: $250
URX mid: $350
Gas block: $100
600m BUIS: $165
2 Stage Trigger: $310
4 panels: $84
1 VFG: $62

- That's $1300 right there. We haven't added in the following:
Barrel w/E3 extension
Upper
Lower
E3 BCG
Flash hider (this could vary greatly from standard A2 to their suppressor mounting flash hider that is much more expensive)
Gas tube
Charging handle

What I did was compare the upper to the Bravo Company mid-length at $450. I added in a relatively standard lower cost of $130 and the Bravo BCG at $130 with a standard charging handle at $25.

All told it comes to just about $2050... I thought it was a good deal at $1995 but that's just me...

Spooky

No.6
10-13-08, 20:41
Hammer forged barrel
Push button sling swivels (x2)
USGI magazine
Hard case (cheapie-Flambeau)
and a thick owners manual

mtdawg169
10-14-08, 17:20
Hammer forged barrel
Push button sling swivels (x2)
USGI magazine
Hard case (cheapie-Flambeau)
and a thick owners manual

... and a Knights magwell lock. ;)

The features are pretty impressive and for a street price around $2K, definitely worth the money.

Mine came with:

LMT Sopmod stock
milspec RE
ambi lower - nothing else like it / industry exclusive
-ambi. mag release, bolt catch, safety
(1) USGI 30 rd. mag
URX III rail - 2 piece w/ heatshield
integrated front sight
KAC 200-600M rear sight
KAC 2 stage trigger (mine is as crisp as a custom 1911 @ ~ 4.5 lbs.)
E3 bolt & extension
properly staked carrier
hammer forged barrel
low-profile KAC gas block
standard A2 FH
KAC proprietary midlength gas (not an issue since it comes with the URX)
3 KAC rail panels
KAC VFG
at least 7 or 8 QD swivel attachment points
2 heavy duty KAC swivels for all those mounting points

and as mentioned above...
cheapie black hardcase
owners manual
KAC magwell lock

Trey Knight has stated many times that their goal was to provide a great gun and a good value. Considering that my rifle was tested by the manufacturer under high speed camera for reliability and test fired / sights zeroed by an actual human being before it was sent to me, I think they have succeeded wonderfully.

I just got mine and can't wait to get to the range with it. I'll post up some pics as soon as I can.

thmpr
10-14-08, 23:42
Would love to get my hands on this......!

El Mac
10-14-08, 23:47
Wierd that they didn't stretch out the forend rail to cover the gas block.

It looks to be a 16", is that correct?

No.6
10-15-08, 00:20
Yep, 16" barrel.

mtdawg169
10-15-08, 07:44
Wierd that they didn't stretch out the forend rail to cover the gas block.

It looks to be a 16", is that correct?

I don't think stretching the rail is necessary. The GB is press fit into place with Rockset and has 2 set screws. The rail is already long due to the longer "midlength" gas system KAC uses. I think it's in the 11" range, which is plenty of rail for my tastes. Some people prefer to have the GB covered. But something tells me that if that GB were hit hard enough to move, you might have bigger problems... like a wrecked gun.

Aesthetically, I think the gun looks just right, but that's just me.

MikeCLeonard
10-15-08, 15:20
Are they going to be releasing the carbine length version of these guns with the 7" rail?

-Mike

mtdawg169
10-15-08, 15:57
Are they going to be releasing the carbine length version of these guns with the 7" rail?

-Mike

I have not seen any version other than the current 16" version confirmed for consumer sales. Trey Knight would be the authority on that subject though. He checks in here now and again. I think he frequents Silencertalk more often though. You may want to ask over there in the KAC forum.

III
10-15-08, 20:58
The current SR-15E3 is our carbine offering. We feel that the mid-length rail and gas system offers the best reliability for a 16" length bbl offering. With the light weight of the URX type rail I really don't see a need for a standard type rail. Our goal with this rifle was to put out what we thought was the best possible platform for a commercial type rifle ,not a M4 type clone. If we do another model SR-15 it would probably be a rifle model. My vote is to concentrate on a commercial 7.62 gun after this not another 5.56 model. That is only one persons vote and my dad will have the finial say. I do feel confident that the SR-15E3 is perhaps the best value, most feature rich rifle at any price point. It is hard to please everyone and different people have different taste. I did have a lot to do with the look and features of the new gun and it is very much how I thought the gun should look. I will take the blame for any one who doesn't like it but I think the number of people that will like it will outnumber the others. We wanted to concentrate on one model so that we could reduce the cost and increase the production as much as possible.

Robb Jensen
10-15-08, 21:01
The current SR-15E3 is our carbine offering. We feel that the mid-length rail and gas system offers the best reliability for a 16" length bbl offering. With the light weight of the URX type rail I really don't see a need for a standard type rail. Our goal with this rifle was to put out what we thought was the best possible platform for a commercial type rifle ,not a M4 type clone. If we do another model SR-15 it would probably be a rifle model. My vote is to concentrate on a commercial 7.62 gun after this not another 5.56 model. That is only one persons vote and my dad will have the finial say. I do feel confident that the SR-15E3 is perhaps the best value, most feature rich rifle at any price point. It is hard to please everyone and different people have different taste. I did have a lot to do with the look and features of the new gun and it is very much how I thought the gun should look. I will take the blame for any one who doesn't like it but I think the number of people that will like it will outnumber the others. We wanted to concentrate on one model so that we could reduce the cost and increase the production as much as possible.

I agree 100%, great idea.

JoshNC
10-15-08, 21:10

I think the SR15E3 configuration is fantastic. Now you need to release a factory 10.5 inch SBR......

Spooky130
10-15-08, 21:25
I think the SR15E3 configuration is fantastic. Now you need to release a factory 10.5 inch SBR......

YES! URX and the folding front sight/gas block! I would love one of those too!

I have a new SR15E3 is my hands. It is a great rifle. I hate to mention fit and finish but that's all I can comment on right now since I have not shot it yet. It looks great! Well put together. The ambi lower is really cool - I want to train with it a bit more and see how it really pans out. The OQ points are everywhere on this darn thing - if you could manage to add the new LMT SOPMOD stock you'd have another QD point! The one thing that I saw that is missing is that the castle nut on the receiver extension is not staked. The stakes on the BCG look good. I'd take pictures but the wife has the camera about 2000 miles away.

Spooky

KevinB
10-16-08, 00:11
SR15E3 - big thumbs up

SR25/Mk11/M110 -- agreed next in line

SBR 11.5 SR16 Semi - flight front gas block etc

crash5150
10-16-08, 01:16
I definitely want it. I couldn't ask for anything else on a carbine. Now the trick is getting one. Too many projects, with not enough time and loot. :mad: A Knight's carbine in the toy collection, wow!

KACSR15
10-16-08, 10:42
I say the E3 is a steal. For what they are priced at and selling for compared to what I paid for my SR15 Match the new E3 is a well priced package. It's on the list of things to get before I leave Kandahar. Sure everything KAC is kind of expensive compared to others but that's the way it goes.

ryanm
10-16-08, 12:08
What is the best method to go about purchasing from Knight? I only seem to find used listings or out of stock indicators on web sites. :confused:

KACSR15
10-16-08, 12:22
What is the best method to go about purchasing from Knight? I only seem to find used listings or out of stock indicators on web sites. :confused:

Call Lawmen's & Shooters. 772-569-8700 ext.235 Casey will hook you up or point you in the right direction.

ryanm
10-16-08, 12:27
Roger that, thank you!

5POINT56
10-16-08, 16:01
Has this carbine made it to "The Chart" yet?

Sounds like it should. I'm guessing it would line up nicely with the others such as Colt/Noveske/LMT....but I really haven't seen the stats for the newest SR15.

GlockWRX
10-17-08, 16:37
I've got a dumb question:

Obviously the bolt and barrel extention are proprietary, but could a standard bolt be used in a pinch?

El Mac
10-17-08, 18:38
I've got a dumb question:

Obviously the bolt and barrel extention are proprietary, but could a standard bolt be used in a pinch?

Not a dumb question at all. I wondered the same thing.

rob_s
10-17-08, 19:46
No. I tried.

Spooky130
10-17-08, 20:20
Has this carbine made it to "The Chart" yet?

Sounds like it should. I'm guessing it would line up nicely with the others such as Colt/Noveske/LMT....but I really haven't seen the stats for the newest SR15.

Shot peened bolt - Unk
HPT bolt - Unk
MPI bolt - Unk
Black Extractor Insert - NA
M16 Bolt carrier - no AR15 carrier
Properly staked carrier key - see picture
-----
Milspec Barrel Steel - Unk
HPT Barrel - Unk
MPI barrel - Unk
Chrome chamber and bore - Yes
5.56 Chamber - Receiver marked as such
1/7 Twist - Not marked as such
M4 Feedramps - Yes
F Height FSB - NA no fixed front sight
Taper pins - NA no fixed front sight
Parked under FSB - Unk
Double heat shield - No, single heat shield in bottom of URX
-----
Receiver Extension - 1.14"
Staked castle nut - no
"H" buffer - marked as SR-15
.154" FCG pins - yes

Notes:
Ambidextrous magazine release and bolt release.
URX mid-length rail, removable bottom, built in flip up front sight, not spring loaded up or down.
Low profile gas block with two set screws and evidence of some adhesive
A2 standard flash suppressor
A2 style pistol grip
2 Stage KAC trigger
KAC gloved finger trigger guard
LMT SOPMOD (old style w/o QD points) stock
600m KAC rear BUIS
7 total QD points (5 on URX, 2 on receiver)

---- Included Items -----
Warranty - one year
Manual - Armorer's Manual
1x OKay 30rd magazine, green follower
2x QD swivels
1x KAC 3 way safety lock
1x Master lock padlock
1x Cheap ($20-25) plastic gun case

I honestly don't think this lends itself well to fitting on the chart - it is not a plain-jane style carbine... Maybe III will chime in and let us fill in some of the "unk" spots...

Spooky

Spooky130
10-18-08, 19:07
I got the new rifle out to the range today. About 220 rounds down range - one one malfunction and it was a failure to hold the bolt open on the last round. Mags used all day were P-Mags.

Here's what I shot:
62 gr HP Silver Bear
55gr South African M193
75gr BTHP Hornady
69gr Black Hills
73gr Berger BTHP Black Hills
75gr Black Hills for Creedmore Sports
77gr Black Hills
55gr Federal XM193

Most groups were in the 2" range from 100 yards but I wasn't allowing a heck of a lot of cooling time and I was shooting pretty fast. It seemed to like the 77gr Black Hills the best.

No problem with any of the 6 P-mags dropping free.

Spooky

5POINT56
10-19-08, 08:19
Ok, so a standard bolt will not work in this weapon. Interesting.

KACSR15
10-19-08, 08:49
Take a look at the image on the KAC website.

It would be like putting a round peg in a square hole :D.

BAC
12-11-08, 12:58
So... does anybody have any significant rounds through an SR15 E3 IWS yet, especially the ambidextrous version? I'm really curious to see how well the ambidextrous controls hold up under hard use. Also, is it possible (only asking if it's possible, so don't kick me in the nuts for being curious) to retrofit the rifle with a short-stroke piston system? I like their thinking with the 16" mid-length gas system, but I'm also wondering if it's possible to swap it for a piston system for those 50k+ rounds per year folks who can actually take advantage of the increased service life associated with the short stroke piston system. And maybe to civilians who'd buy it just because. :D

-B

rob_s
12-11-08, 16:02
when Trey sent me the E3 that I had for T&E, I believe he said that Chris Costa had one with 10k+ through it, but that was over a year ago and I could be remembering it wrong.

I only got a little over 1k through the T&E gun before I had to send it back.

JFPATCH
12-11-08, 19:00
rob_s,

Nice article in SWAT. Congratulations on getting published.

Best regards,

JFPATCH

III
12-13-08, 12:53
Jerry Barnhart is on his second gun . He shot the first one to 20,000 rounds with no parts failures and no part replacements and is now "burning" up his second gun. The only reason we sidelined his first gun is because the groups opened up to over 2 MOA and we wanted to get a look at it. The ambi. features are also on our M-110s and we feel confident that we have the bugs worked out. If there are any problems with these somewhat unproven controls we will stand behind the guns 100%. Chris Costa also is running a new SR-15E3 complete gun and has reported no issues. He is not exactly a light duty shooter. We have tested the E3 bolts very extensively and have been using them in our SR-16s for a number of years. I am extremely confident in their performance. KAC does not put product out that we have not tested extensively.

BAC
12-13-08, 12:57
That, right there, is confidence inspiring. Thank you for sharing that. Is it possible to slap any AR-15 upper onto an ambidextrous SR-15 lower? E3 IWS upper onto any AR-15 lower?

Last couple questions, promise. :D

-B

III
12-13-08, 13:09
Yes they are compatible with mil-spec uppers and lowers.

BAC
12-13-08, 13:44
Excellent, thanks.

-B

KevinB
12-13-08, 18:28
I had the pleasure of looking at a few on Friday.

IMHO this will be THE carbine to own...

Spooky130
12-14-08, 20:42
Jerry Barnhart is on his second gun . He shot the first one to 20,000 rounds with no parts failures and no part replacements and is now "burning" up his second gun. The only reason we sidelined his first gun is because the groups opened up to over 2 MOA and we wanted to get a look at it. The ambi. features are also on our M-110s and we feel confident that we have the bugs worked out. If there are any problems with these somewhat unproven controls we will stand behind the guns 100%. Chris Costa also is running a new SR-15E3 complete gun and has reported no issues. He is not exactly a light duty shooter. We have tested the E3 bolts very extensively and have been using them in our SR-16s for a number of years. I am extremely confident in their performance. KAC does not put product out that we have not tested extensively.

I like the ambi controls on mine so far... I do find that I bump the right side selector with my firing hand. I also see that you could train yourself to maximize the controls but at the same time, if you did that, you would probably have issues (minor issues) going back to a standard AR. But that's really all training issues, not gun issues.

Spooky

teufeldog
12-15-08, 01:26
It would be great to see the availability of the lowers in the future. Being a lefty I really like the ambi controls they built into this thing; but I don't necessarily need to get the entire rifle. That being said, I certainly want the entire weapon. :D

taliv
12-15-08, 10:57
i'm on the list to get one... can't wait til i get a call

wicked_police
01-14-09, 16:33
I had the pleasure of looking at a few on Friday.

IMHO this will be THE carbine to own...

That makes me smile. :D

Mine is currently sitting at a post office a couple miles away from the house, waiting for me to pick it up.
Damn work...

:p

How's the Shot Show Kevin?

KevinB
01-14-09, 22:01
W_P - we were out at the Orange Country Sheriff's Range today - you would have enjoyed it. We had a SR15E3, SR16E3 (11.5) and some other items out for fam fire and demo.

You need to get your boss on a buying frenzy ;)

Too bad you could not make SHOT.

Saginaw79
01-14-09, 22:03
If I were to go all out(and could afford to do so) I'd get that one. Thats a beautiful rifle, though I could probably assemble something very similar for far cheaper still w/ quality parts.

wicked_police
01-14-09, 22:23
W_P - we were out at the Orange Country Sheriff's Range today - you would have enjoyed it. We had a SR15E3, SR16E3 (11.5) and some other items out for fam fire and demo.

You need to get your boss on a buying frenzy ;)

Too bad you could not make SHOT.

It is too bad... I was tentatively set to go to do some research for my project on re-arming the unit with something more suitable than the 5946(which is a good general duty pistol, but NOT a good covert/fighting pistol). I'll have to get the info from our armorer that is down there instead.

So.... I might be able to get a business case going to spend about 500k. It's too bad KAC doesn't make what we'll probably be buying. :(
You guys make what I want to buy though!! :D

Unfortunately for me, we're running a basic course right now and I'm spending my days in the range providing 'adult-oriented learning' techniques when the guys screw up.

Pushups and public humiliation are adult-oriented learning techniques, right? ;)

BAC
01-14-09, 23:28
If I were to go all out(and could afford to do so) I'd get that one. Thats a beautiful rifle, though I could probably assemble something very similar for far cheaper still w/ quality parts.

You can build a quality AR for less than $2k, absolutely. What you won't get is the proprietary bolt, the ambidextrous features, the rail, the over-a-grand worth of furniture that you can always sell off if you don't want. ;)

-B

FPembleton
01-15-09, 12:22
I like the ambi controls on mine so far... I do find that I bump the right side selector with my firing hand. I also see that you could train yourself to maximize the controls but at the same time, if you did that, you would probably have issues (minor issues) going back to a standard AR. But that's really all training issues, not gun issues.
Spooky

I'd mostly be afraid that ambi controls and sweet 2 stage trigger of the E3 lower would spoil me for my other lowers!

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-15-09, 14:57
Maybe this has been covered, but does the right side bolt mechanism hold the bolt back or does it only drop it? Just looking at it in comparision toteh MAPGPUL lowers.

rsilvers
02-03-09, 11:37
Just took a new pic. Note that the Inconel muzzle brake is not included (neither is the scope for that matter).

http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/30/sr15e3smallmf6.jpg

rob_s
02-03-09, 11:52
Maybe this has been covered, but does the right side bolt mechanism hold the bolt back or does it only drop it? Just looking at it in comparision toteh MAPGPUL lowers.

Drop only.

wicked_police
02-03-09, 12:12
That looks great with the Nightforce in KAC mount.

I have the same idea for my SR15 and already have the same scope. Just trying to source a mount up here in Canada(which is not easy...).

lw8
02-03-09, 13:34
One thing that I would really like to see is an SBR upper from KAC. I see the rifles on the website...but as I understand it, the uppers are not sold alone. It is understandable to a point...but my SR-15 would looke nice with a KAC SBR upper:cool:

I believe those would sell by the truckload.

oakmax
07-07-09, 12:03
Is it possible to toss a redimag/mod on this lower.
cw

KevinB
07-07-09, 13:41
Is it possible to toss a redimag/mod on this lower.
cw

You need to do some selective cutting.

It disables the ability to use the ambi-mag release on the right side of the gun.

I will get some pics up in a bit.

AllanRR
07-28-09, 08:40
Any pics of the internals of the lower receiver? I'm trying to figure out how the ambi bolt release works. Thanks.

A

RAM Engineer
07-28-09, 09:58
Any pics of the internals of the lower receiver? I'm trying to figure out how the ambi bolt release works. Thanks.

A

I'll try to post some tonight.

zukiii
08-07-09, 22:13
i have one enroute as we speak via the big brown truck.. cant wait!!

RojasTKD
08-07-09, 22:51

I thought that at first too, but on a regular rail a Front sight you take up that same space anyway. Plus it would be an added cost and a little extra weight. So why not.

brianc142
08-07-09, 23:10
For anyone interested, SGC has these for $1999.95 right now, which is a great deal IMO. As of yesterday they only had 5 left. I was happy to pay $2200 for mine.

Turnkey11
08-07-09, 23:19
For anyone interested, SGC has these for $1999.95 right now, which is a great deal IMO. As of yesterday they only had 5 left. I was happy to pay $2200 for mine.

This is horrible, re-up bonus hit the bank account today and Im stuck with either ordering a SR-15 that I have never seen or held in person or paying a little more for a SCAR 16S that I have fondled and touched. :mad:

zukiii
08-07-09, 23:23

sgcusa is where i purchased mine. now im just playing the waiting game.

crash5150
08-08-09, 05:47
$1999 is excellent I think. I paid $2200 in Feb. and that was pretty good at that time.

Medicine Calf
08-08-09, 06:59
What is the width of the quad rail?

rob_s
08-08-09, 07:10
This is horrible, re-up bonus hit the bank account today and Im stuck with either ordering a SR-15 that I have never seen or held in person or paying a little more for a SCAR 16S that I have fondled and touched. :mad:

Buy the KAC.

brianc142
08-08-09, 11:11
Buy the KAC.
Agree. You won't be disappointed.

brianc142
08-08-09, 11:16
It looks like they have raised the price back to $2499 for the remaining 5. Too bad for those that were still contemplating buying one.

GAST
08-09-09, 16:09
They're still on sale. Picked up one this morning, so the getting's still good! ;)

adh
08-09-09, 16:43
They're still on sale. Picked up one this morning, so the getting's still good! ;)

On sale where? I just checked at SGC online and they show 4 left and $2499 plus shipping

GAST
08-09-09, 18:42
We are talking Scottsdale Gun Club, right? They are still on sale. I don't know about the online price but I just bought one this morning from a sales clerk named Clint. Great service there too, everyone was really helpful and cool. $1999.95 plus tax out the door. Maybe a phone call could help clear this up? I think their store hours are until 7pm.

Leviathan
08-09-09, 20:17
when Trey sent me the E3 that I had for T&E, I believe he said that Chris Costa had one with 10k+ through it, but that was over a year ago and I could be remembering it wrong.

I only got a little over 1k through the T&E gun before I had to send it back.

He was running it earlier this year at a Magpul course we attended so...you are on the mark. He did not have any issues with it during the course that I saw.

RetreatHell
08-09-09, 22:00
I really like my SR-15 rifle! It is the smoothest shooting and softest recoiling AR I have ever fired, especially with the Triple Tap muzzle brake mounted on it. But even before I installed the brake, it was the smoothest shooting AR that I've personally laid hands on.

I'm a paraplegic, completely paralyzed from the waist down (at level T-12/L-1 for those of you that know your vertebrae levels), and I am confined to a manual wheelchair. Recoil management is a HUGE deal to me (excluding hunting and bench shooting rifles), and is the main reason, along with many others, that I sold my 14.5" LWRC M6A1 upper because, although it didn't hurt my shoulder or cause any physical discomfort whatsoever, it kicked just hard enough for it to be impossible to fire any accurate followup shots whatsoever.

I cannot physically stand in the "correct" fighting stance where I'm leaning forward into the gun to absorb and manage the recoil properly and have fast followup shots (hell, I can't stand up at all:p), and I can only lean so far forward in my wheelchair because my very bottom 2 abdominal muscles are paralyzed and inoperable so I will literally fall forward if I push it by leaning too far forward, so I have to have a rifle that I can control if I want to shoot faster than just 1 round every second without any support to rest my rifle on.

The KAC SR-15 E3 allows me to fire very quick followup shots, almost 3 accurate rounds every second (I'm guessing here). I have never had a problem pulling the trigger as fast as I can, but now I can fire pretty damn fast with the SR-15 + Triple Tap Brake and hit my target center mass every time without any bench rest or other support. By the way, I'm talking close range here. Obviously if I'm shooting unsupported at 50+ yards I would not even think of shooting that fast (3 rds/second), I would, and do, adjust my rate of fire accordingly at that distance and beyond.

Bottom line, the Knights Armament SR-15 E3 kicks some major ass! I've also had almost 1,000 trouble-free rounds through it now in the last month that I've owned it (my triple tap brake is now a lot more blackened than it was when I snapped the pics below). Also, if my gimp ass can control that bitch while rapid firing, you able-bodied pussies should have no problem controlling one during rapid fire whatsoever!:D And if you do, that shit's on you and you're doing it wrong, and you need to go watch a damn Magpul Dynamics video or something:p:p

-Paul

Pics of my SR-15 (minus my sling):

http://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv219/RetreatHell/KAC%20SR-15%20E3/DSCF1056.jpg

http://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv219/RetreatHell/KAC%20SR-15%20E3/DSCF1059.jpg

http://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv219/RetreatHell/KAC%20SR-15%20E3/DSCF1028.jpg

BiggLee71
08-09-09, 22:50
I really like my SR-15 rifle! It is the smoothest shooting and softest recoiling AR I have ever fired, especially with the Triple Tap muzzle brake mounted on it. But even before I installed the brake, it was the smoothest shooting AR that I've personally laid hands on.

I'm a paraplegic, completely paralyzed from the waist down (at level T-12/L-1 for those of you that know your vertebrae levels), and I am confined to a manual wheelchair. Recoil management is a HUGE deal to me (excluding hunting and bench shooting rifles), and is the main reason, along with many others, that I sold my 14.5" LWRC M6A1 upper because, although it didn't hurt my shoulder or cause any physical discomfort whatsoever, it kicked just hard enough for it to be impossible to fire any accurate followup shots whatsoever.

I cannot physically stand in the "correct" fighting stance where I'm leaning forward into the gun to absorb and manage the recoil properly and have fast followup shots (hell, I can't stand up at all:p), and I can only lean so far forward in my wheelchair because my very bottom 2 abdominal muscles are paralyzed and inoperable so I will literally fall forward if I push it by leaning too far forward, so I have to have a rifle that I can control if I want to shoot faster than just 1 round every second without any support to rest my rifle on.

The KAC SR-15 E3 allows me to fire very quick followup shots, almost 3 accurate rounds every second (I'm guessing here). I have never had a problem pulling the trigger as fast as I can, but now I can fire pretty damn fast with the SR-15 + Triple Tap Brake and hit my target center mass every time without any bench rest or other support. By the way, I'm talking close range here. Obviously if I'm shooting unsupported at 50+ yards I would not even think of shooting that fast (3 rds/second), I would, and do, adjust my rate of fire accordingly at that distance and beyond.

Bottom line, the Knights Armament SR-15 E3 kicks some major ass! I've also had almost 1,000 trouble-free rounds through it now in the last month that I've owned it (my triple tap brake is now a lot more blackened than it was when I snapped the pics below). Also, if my gimp ass can control that bitch while rapid firing, you able-bodied pussies should have no problem controlling one during rapid fire whatsoever!:D And if you do, that shit's on you and you're doing it wrong, and you need to go watch a damn Magpul Dynamics video or something:p:p

-Paul

Pics of my SR-15 (minus my sling):

http://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv219/RetreatHell/KAC%20SR-15%20E3/DSCF1056.jpg

http://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv219/RetreatHell/KAC%20SR-15%20E3/DSCF1059.jpg

http://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv219/RetreatHell/KAC%20SR-15%20E3/DSCF1028.jpg
Very nice.going to pick mine up this weekend.I plan on putting the same stock and grip for commonality with my other AR's.( besides the MK12's!)

Peshawar
08-10-09, 02:39
RetreatHell,

Not to hijack, but what's that cool gadget on your fore-end? Does that serve the purpose of a forward grip? If so, I really like the idea. It helps index your hand, but isn't as obtrusive as most forward grips.

Of course, it might be a beer holder mount for all I know. Just thought I'd ask. ;)

erik_
08-10-09, 07:17
RetreatHell,

Not to hijack, but what's that cool gadget on your fore-end? Does that serve the purpose of a forward grip? If so, I really like the idea. It helps index your hand, but isn't as obtrusive as most forward grips.

Of course, it might be a beer holder mount for all I know. Just thought I'd ask. ;)
It's a KAC Finger Stop. Normally you'd use it on a shorty (PSD, etc.) with the flat side at the extreme front of the rail to keep from driving your hand out into muzzle blast territory. On carbines, they're being used backwards as a small vertical grip.

C4IGrant
08-10-09, 09:44
We have the SR15's coming in FDE this week! They have the same coating as the SASS does.

C4

RetreatHell
08-10-09, 13:09
RetreatHell,

Yeah as already stated, it's the KAC finger stop. But in my case, I call it a "hand stop" because I have it reversed and that's the purpose it now serves.

I had been using vert grips until last month when I bought one of the KAC finger stops via the Lawmens website. I would never use the whole vert grip to grab ahold of anyways, I would literally only use the first inch of it. I basically just used it as a reference point to ensure that I got the exact same grip on the handguard every time, but even using the Larue FUG "stubby" version vertical fore grips I was still not using roughly two inches of the grip. It seemed to me like the vert grip was almost unnecessary for me except for the fact that I liked to use it as a reference point, and also to help pull the rifle into my shoulder.

So after I installed the KAC finger stop (or hand stop for me), it solved all of my problems I was having with the vert grip setup. It serves as an outstanding reference point and is extremely unobtrusive to boot. It never gets in the way and is so small that I also don't ever have to take it off to use a sandbag rest when I want to do some bench shooting. To me that's important because I always had to take the Larue Tactical FUG off (which was very easy thanks to the QD lever on it) when I used a sandbag for a rest.

The finger stop basically allows me to quickly get my hand into the same location on the rail every time, and also allows me to pull the rifle into my shoulder nice and tight. And the best thing about it is that it's so damn small and lightweight as well! In my above comment (about the SR-15 overall), I made it seem that great recoil management was the most important factor to me for a rifle of mine to have since I'm confined to a manual wheelchair, but in reality weight is ultimately the number one factor ahead of anything else, as recoil management doesn't even factor in if I can't even life my rifle to the Ready position quickly over and over and hold it there for a while. I'm actually obsessed with weight because of this. And the KAC finger stop adds hardly anything in regards to weight:

-the KAC finger stop weighs just 1.4 oz (without the QD sling swivel inserted)

-the Larue FUG (with the "stubby" endplate screwed in the bottom) weighs 4.6 oz

For most of you guys, 4.6 oz is nothing, and the outstanding ergonomics of the LT FUG and enhanced capabilities it can give the shooter are well worth that weight (out of all of the VFGs out there, in my opinion the larue FUG is the very best hands down!).

But for me, where weight is everything and can add up very quickly if you're not paying attention whenever you bolt some new accessory to your blaster, 4.6 oz is a lot, especially since I only use the first 1 inch of the FUG and the rest of it is literally being wasted.

Anyhow, as I'm sure you've figured out by now, I'm a big fan of the Knights Armament Finger Stop, and I think a lot of shooters could benefit from using them in the manner in which I use mine (I now have 3 of them!). Oh and BTW, they retail for $59. Here are some more pics:

Side-by-side comparison of KAC finger stop and Larue FUG
http://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv219/RetreatHell/SR-15%20Canon/IMG_7726.jpg

View of finger stop from front (which is technically the back of it the way is was intended to be used on short SBRs)
http://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv219/RetreatHell/SR-15%20Canon/IMG_7760.jpg

View of finger stop from back (which is technically the front of it)
http://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv219/RetreatHell/SR-15%20Canon/IMG_7777.jpg

KAC Triple Tap Muzzle Brake after (roughly) 800 rounds
http://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv219/RetreatHell/SR-15%20Canon/IMG_7795.jpg

KAC SR-15 E3, updated pic
http://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv219/RetreatHell/SR-15%20Canon/IMG_7733.jpg

RPD03
10-05-09, 18:58
First of all, thanks to all out there in helping me decide on the newest addition to my collection. After I decided which rifle to get my wife surprised me with a KAC IWS. A few minor additions and I'll be good to go.

Al U. 5811
10-05-09, 19:36
I just pulled the pin on a new KAC E3 upper. I had been tire kicking for a while. Now I have to decide which of my lowers to mate it to. I'm really looking forward to taking it out.

JFPATCH
10-30-09, 10:47
Is the charging handle proprietary to the SR15E3 or will a standard CH work in the gun?

KevinB
10-30-09, 11:28
Any Mil Spec charging handle will work fine.

mtdawg169
10-30-09, 17:01
Any Mil Spec charging handle will work fine.

... and a BCM GFH will work great! ;)

JFPATCH
10-30-09, 18:24
... and a BCM GFH will work great! ;)

That's what I was wondering, thanks.

yallknowho
10-30-09, 20:57
I just pulled the pin on a new KAC E3 upper. I had been tire kicking for a while. Now I have to decide which of my lowers to mate it to. I'm really looking forward to taking it out.

where do they have uppers available by themselves?

jbo723
11-01-09, 02:52
where do they have uppers available by themselves?

I've only seen personal ads for the uppers. Usually it's someone who really just wanted the lower and is selling the upper seperately. i've seen 4 total for sale within the last year..

htxred
11-01-09, 10:31
i should have mine this coming up week!

hkhunter
11-04-09, 08:11
i should have mine this coming up week!

its a great gun, enjoy it brother!

htxred
11-04-09, 13:51
yea. now if only i can get a reply back from their sales guy.

aftermath686
11-04-09, 16:52

This is old as hell, stumbled over it. BUT, when running an IR laser at the 12 it will prevent splash back or blockage of the laser/illuminator, which is pretty damn cool.

Belmont31R
11-04-09, 16:53
:D

Products
------------------------------------------------------
1 x Knights Armament Company SR-15 E3 IWS = $1,999.95
United Parcel Service (1 x 17.25lbs) (Next Day Air Saver): $92.96
Sub-Total: $1,999.95
Total: $2,092.91

Tomorrow....finally!

jbo723
11-04-09, 20:51
:D

Products
1 x Knights Armament Company SR-15 E3 IWS = $1,999.95
United Parcel Service (1 x 17.25lbs) (Next Day Air Saver): $92.96
Sub-Total: $1,999.95
Total: $2,092.91

Tomorrow....finally!

Nice!!!

G-2
11-06-09, 13:14
You're gonna love it, they are awesome rifles! Enjoy it man :cool:

Biggy
11-06-09, 14:26
Does anyone have the exact width dimension of the KAC URX rail .

noops
11-06-09, 17:34
So can someone with more knowledge of this rifle give me a comparative low down with a comparable high end rifle?

For example, MSRP on a Noveske N4 Light Low Profile and this are about the same. Noveske is standard-ish AR gear, but high end with the barrel, VLTOR upper, SWS, included Troys front and back, etc...

Belmont31R
11-06-09, 18:32
So can someone with more knowledge of this rifle give me a comparative low down with a comparable high end rifle?

For example, MSRP on a Noveske N4 Light Low Profile and this are about the same. Noveske is standard-ish AR gear, but high end with the barrel, VLTOR upper, SWS, included Troys front and back, etc...

E3 has a slightly longer than mid length gas system so you get a little bit smoother operation.

E3 has lobster tail extractor which is a step up in durability.

E3 has 'rounded' lugs on the bolt which increases strength thus a step up in durability.

I believe the URX is a better quality rail system than the SWS Noveske rails.

I like the integrated front sight on the URX rails.

E3 lower is fully ambidextrus (sp?). The Noveske lower is just the same as any other standard lower but with their roll mark.

Down side to E3 is it uses proprietary parts like the extractor and bolt so you can't get replacements 'anywhere'...but thats up to you if you think its a bad thing or not.

E3 comes standard with the KAC 2 stage trigger which is quite nice.

I think the E3 is an outstanding deal when you add up all the features it comes with. Just the stock, and trigger by themselves is $500 worth of parts. The lower is one of a kind, and has more "features" than any other lower on the market. You get a better bolt lock and extraction system. Both have hammer forged barrels. And like I said the URX is a better rail in my opinion.

hkhunter
11-06-09, 18:35
just go with the Knights!

noops
11-06-09, 18:36
Seems like the advantages to the Noveske is probably the barrel and the VLTOR upper. About a wash to me.

Biggy
11-06-09, 19:29
Its to close to call IMHO . I think it pretty much comes down to personal preferance and i don't think one will save your ass any better than the other.

C4IGrant
11-17-09, 12:50
For those of you interested, we just got a new batch of KAC SR-15 (Tan) in stock.

C4

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/KAC/SR15_Tan.jpg

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/KAC/SR15_Tan1.jpg

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/KAC/SR15_Tan2.jpg

teufeldog
11-17-09, 14:38
Very nice! Added to my wish list.

Titleist
11-17-09, 14:51
While to me that paint job looks well...not great, I can't recommend these guns enough. Just fantastic shooters.

SHOOTER61
11-18-09, 23:40
Your killing me, I want a tan one so badddddddddd.

For those of you interested, we just got a new batch of KAC SR-15 (Tan) in stock.

C4

F.C.III
11-24-09, 07:41
The tan does look cool, I still prefer the basic black. you cant beat these rifles no matter what color they are.

KevinB
11-24-09, 14:39
KAC employees shooting SR15E3's at a local 3 gun match

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v193/EvilKev/Shooting/3gun032.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v193/EvilKev/Shooting/3gun048.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v193/EvilKev/Shooting/3gun049.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v193/EvilKev/Shooting/3gun064.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v193/EvilKev/Shooting/3gun069.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v193/EvilKev/Shooting/3gun036.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v193/EvilKev/Shooting/3gun043.jpg

FPembleton
11-24-09, 23:14

Do what I did... Get both! The KAC cost me a lot more though.

The strength of the Noveske is its accuracy and cheaper cost (for me), and the con is that it's slightly more front heavy because of the barrel profile (but it could also be because of the muzzle brake). The strength of the KAC is that it's lighter and quicker to manipulate, and has lots of nice extra touches like the ambi controls, QD attachment points, and has a nicer 2-stage trigger. Having said that, I swapped that trigger into the Noveske.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3127/3257442642_6a65f0888b_o.jpg

Venice Will
11-25-09, 06:59
OK "boo-birds" - I'm new to the recent AR offerings, and I'm just looking to make the final decison and spend the money....

LWRC M6A2

Noveske VTAC

or

KAC SR-15E3 IWS ?

other than the gasp piston on the LWRC being the major difference, what makes the KAC the preferred weapon on this list...???

Thanks much

a blessed Thanksgiving to all -

ryanm
11-25-09, 07:39
Venice,

The breakdown for what your looking for between the KAC and Noveske are on the previous page to your post.

The LWRCi offerings are going to get slammed here for the most part so I doubt your going to find many proponents of comparing them to either the Noveske or KAC platforms.

The LMT MRP rifle would also be worth your time to compare.

I'd go with the KAC. For the money, they are fantastic rifles and with all the features--they are actually cheaper than a comparably built AR if you were starting with a base rifle and tring to add everything that's on the KAC as standard.

civilian
11-25-09, 08:58
You'll get opinions across the board brother. You really need to sit down and figure out which features on which gun are more appealing to you. KAC has a proven track record down range. Noveske built his reputation on reliable guns and great barrels. Combining his production know-how with features spec'd by Kyle makes the VTAC a great option, but you need to decide whether those features work for you. LWRC is fairly new to the game, but have developed an overall good reputation. But there you need to decide if the piston system is where you want to be. And at the end of all of that, what's your comfort level in terms of price point. Does the coin for the KAC leave you with enough money for a good optic, or are you planning on just running irons? Any other features of importance to you? Previously the relative inability to purchase a KAC on the civilian market made them highly desirable. Now that the company is starting to pump them out to civilians, they now occupy a space on the high list of nice guns to have. But if you're plinking is limited to a few range runs, how much do you want to pay for a range gun?

OK "boo-birds" - I'm new to the recent AR offerings, and I'm just looking to make the final decison and spend the money....

LWRC M6A2

Noveske VTAC

or

KAC SR-15E3 IWS ?

other than the gasp piston on the LWRC being the major difference, what makes the KAC the preferred weapon on this list...???

Thanks much

a blessed Thanksgiving to all -

noops
11-25-09, 10:23
I went through similar thinking and chose the Noveske. I know the SR is friggin awesome. I'd love one if I had unlimited budget for weapons. For me though, the proprietary parts is kind of a killer. I'll bet they ARE better than standard parts, so if that doesn't bother you, get the SR. But I shoot a good number of rounds per year, and don't ahve a hard time keeping my guns running (usually 8000-12000 per year depending on competitions and training). I ended up with the Noveske with low profile SWS rail. As mentioned above, the VLTOR upper and the barrel are the best reasons to get a noveske. The stainless barrels are top notch, the lined barrels last forever. The build out is excellent, and the customer service great.

If I had unlimited budget, I'd get the SR15 too, but I already have a fairly old but useable 6920 which just became my backup. I just wanted to stick with same parts, and not have something proprietary and differentiated to my system of parts and training.

decodeddiesel
11-25-09, 10:31
I've been obsessing over this for some time, and I have come to a conclusion. At this time the SR-15 IWS is more interesting to me than the Masada/ACR, and that's really saying a lot. :o

noops
11-25-09, 10:42
Agreed!

I think it's way more interesting than the MASADA. Even though I like my noveske quite a bit, I think the MASADA is years away from being proven enough in my mind. Instead of trying to change the whole field, KAC evolved the AR into an awesome platform. If I was starting from scratch, I might have chosen it over the Noveske although it's really a wash to me.

But the ACR with it's molded lower setup, the fact that it seems you can't change the damn grip, waiting for modular lowers, and the maker makes me nervous. Supposedly there will be MIL/LE option for aluminum lowers though. I'll wait to see if they really pony up for quality. Hopefully Remington is pushing BM to bring it up.

Also, it seems to me quick change on barrels is mostly a gimmick. How many times do people really do this?

Biggy
11-25-09, 11:28
IMO the Noveske and KAC are pretty even, with the KAC having some more bells and whistles if you feel the need. The LWRC would be my last choice but probably my first choice if i (had) to pick a AR/piston gun. I think i read where the DEA has went with one of their rifles .

Titleist
11-25-09, 11:32
The Noveske is a great rifle if you want tack driver accuracy, the KAC being less accurate but EXTREMELY durable.

Since the release of the BAD I NEVER use the ambi-bolt release on the SR-15. That said the ambi mag release is welcome and it's just an absurdly light rifle.

I really want an ACR, but the SR-15 is just wonderful.

Venice Will
11-25-09, 14:02
Noveske VTAC with the PWS FSC-556 compensator... ordered :D

now the wait begins....

thanks for all the input...it helped

now grab some brews and kill that turkey tomorrow!

noops
11-25-09, 15:52
Congrats...Cool blaster

civilian
11-25-09, 17:29
Couldn't go wrong with any of your options, and Noveske makes a hell of a product and stands by it.

Belmont31R
11-25-09, 20:47
Can't really go wrong with any of the alternatives mentioned so far. Noveske and LWRC both build nice guns.

I have 1480 rounds through my E3 so far, and Ive been very happy with it. Transferred my TP to the E3 from my 11.5 (nearly impossible feat getting it off :eek: ). For such a light gun the recoil is very mild, and with the TP the dot moves maybe 8-10" with XM193. With regular 223 (PMC) it moves even less. I think the length of the gas system makes for a really smooth firing gun. Its much easier to shoot than even a 14.5" carbine. Worlds apart actually...

Ive only shot for accuracy while zeroing but with TAP I was getting 1.5" groups at 50 yards. Thats ok with me as Im just using a T1. The groups would shrink down quite a bit with some magnification. I was also shooting off a wood block with no rear support.

Range pic from today:

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj245/BM31R/IMG_1490.jpg

ilike9s
11-28-09, 20:19

C4

I'm sorry but that is just damn sexy!

jccasper
01-31-10, 15:15
I recently purchased a Magpul MIAD grip and the MIAD wedge (MAG065) and the grip will not seat completely leaving the springs in view. There is less space when I put it on a KAC SR-25 but does not flush fit as it should anyone with experience with this.

Belmont31R
01-31-10, 15:22
I recently purchased a Magpul MIAD grip and the MIAD wedge (MAG065) and the grip will not seat completely leaving the springs in view. There is less space when I put it on a KAC SR-25 but does not flush fit as it should anyone with experience with this.

You don't need a wedge for the SR15, and I think you have to fill in an area on the MIAD for the springs to work properly. The lower has the QD socket so the rear takedown spring and detent are held in by the grip. The MOE grip will work without modification. I think most people using a MIAD are taking some epoxy to fill in the little gap where the spring is held in place, and then sanding/cutting to be flush. This keeps proper spring tension and placement.

RPD03
01-31-10, 16:15
I think most people using a MIAD are taking some epoxy to fill in the little gap where the spring is held in place, and then sanding/cutting to be flush. This keeps proper spring tension and placement.

Exactly what I did and so far no problems.

GermanSynergy
01-31-10, 18:16
I love mine! KAC really did their homework on this one. I added a MIAD grip and KAC QD Comp and it is a rockin carbine! :D

cyclone72
01-31-10, 21:44
I love mine! KAC really did their homework on this one. I added a MIAD grip and KAC QD Comp and it is a rockin carbine! :D

did you have any probs putting the MIAD grip on?

GermanSynergy
02-01-10, 10:41
did you have any probs putting the MIAD grip on?

I didn't install the grip myself. I purchased the carbine from MSTN and had Wes install the MIAD and KAC QD comp, as I'm planning on picking up a KAC NT-4 can. I "added it" to my order :) Sorry for the confusion.